eHarmony

eHarmony (page 2 of 38)

1.5

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (10%) · No (90%)

Michael K.

Michael K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive scam and it is nearly impossible to cancel your subscription.

Cancellation of subscription is a massive hurdle. It can't be done via website, only in writing. All the matches don't align with your criteria and none of the matches respond.

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WOULD RATE 0 IF I COULD

Do not fall for the subscription trap. You cannot get out of the 'contract' when though their terms and conditions states you can get a 3 day refund. They do not cancel your account even if you email them.

I emailed them only 30 minutes of subscribing to only receive a 'bot like' email stating that my request was denied. I replied stating the circumstances and again, got a bot like reply. I emailed them twice afterwards and now they don't even reply to my emails. An absolute scam!! I would avoid it at all costs.

Gender Male

Total Waste of Time and Seriously unusable app - Money Making Scam !

So many same comments about having to keep paying $100s even when needing to delete account - I have been emailing for weeks, and have threatened with ombudsman - and now I see I should go ahead and get them involved. This dating app was not only completely useless (came up with matches outside my preferneces even - where are they even getting them from ??!!), but this has been designed to suck people in. Shameful money making scam !

Donkey kong

Donkey kongGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

perfect

Yes u have to pay. But if your serious about finding a relationship and take a bit of time u can find someone on this side. People are jus mad because there either gold diggers or wont someone in five minutes.

Real Life MeetupYes
Nathan H.

Nathan H.

Seems dead, Ultimately a scam on the desperate.

Karen H.

Karen H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Financial rip off

You can’t see or amend your subscription in the app. The auto renew your subscription and you cannot stop it from the app, you get no notification. You get slugged a 12 month subscription which is over $500 . Disgusting

Wilfred G.

Wilfred G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sneaky and unfair

Terrible product and experience

The positioning of this product as a website for people looking for genuine long term relationships drew me to eHarmony and I committed to it for 6 months. The quality of men on this website was terrible. If they were people genuinely looking for long term relationships they would make more of an effort. Dress more tidily, offer better quality information and photos. Many many of them not even posting a photo. I opened up all criteria as suggested by customer care, essentially lifting every limitation I had placed on race, height, education, location and religion. This made very little difference. They say they've removed the auto-renew on my account. I certainly hope so based on the other reviews written here.
Avoid this site I say.

Never never again!

I canceled auto-renew (and in doing so i was locked out of the very services i paid for!) if you don't cancel it will automatically turn over and renew your membership, in which if you don't realise in time you can't cancel and are then locked in for another period.
Beware!

GNF

GNFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outright Theft

I paid a 6 month subscription and i need to cancel auto-renew but info being provided is that, in doing so i'll be locked out of the very services i paid for. Calling this a rip off is an understatement, its outright theft
p.s the one star isn't even worth it.

Brian C.

Brian C.Sydney, NSW

wish i had read these reviews before handing over money

eharmony has no active members on their database, they are all expired members who can't contact you at all. Their terms and conditions say you have a 3 day cooling off period but when I cancelled within 3 days they wouldn't refund me with no explanations at all. Avoid at all costs.

Sara

SaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid this site at all “cost”!

I was drawn to eharmony by the supposed science of matching, etc. As with everyone else, went through the lengthy process of filling out information, thinking this would be genuine and beneficial. The first 2 weeks I received notifications from eharmony and then nothing. As with others experiences, the only interest I received was from probable scammers. I tried to cancel my subscription but they keep taking money from you. I cancelled my credit card and then the money was drawn from PayPal. They suck you in for the first month with so called “matches” and then you receive no more notifications, but they continue to take your money. If they were an Australian company they would be banned from operating. Disgraceful!

kaylee

kayleeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

EHarmony is a disgusting rip off

Please read carefully before purchasing as they are locking you into a 12 month contract paying hundreds of dollars regardless. Clearly they have no faith in matching you with someone to have to lock you in for 12 months!
Say you did meet someone in the first month, what are you paying for the extra 11 for? It's a company aimed at making the creators richer and praying on those looking for love. I don't think you can get much lower than that. You are far better off going on Tinder or Bumble, it's free and MUCH better quality in choices! Shame on you eHarmony!

Gorgeous

GorgeousPerth, WA

Australian Customers - beware of deceptive, dubious "terms of conditions"

Real Life MeetupNo

Not many people on it, expensive, and poor customer service

I tried going on this on a free weekend. After a long series of questions there were only a couple of matches on there. The filters I used wernt strict either, just a non-smoker within a reasonable distance in a big city. Also a friend of mine tried to cancel the auto subscription, but they wouldn't refund her money. Sure she was a tad late in cancelling it, but they could at least do a partial refund like other places. Use something free like Bumble instead.

Find out how eHarmony compares to other Online Dating Sites

Awful customer service, will take money for two years

• +11
Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

Unethical and Greedy company

Dheera Jain

Dheera JainSydney, NSW

Withdrew money without my consent

Eharmony withdrew $310 from my bank account without my consent. They have an automatic renewal policy unless you cancel by sending an email beforehand. Be very careful and or better yet do not subscribe to this website.

Real Life MeetupYes
Jacinda

Jacinda

Greedy manipulative and deceptive business

The only thing harmonising about eharmony is their bank balance. Do not sign a 12 month subscription, you are liable for the whole 12 months, even f you only use the service for 1 month!! So when they advertise '12 month best value!' Ask yourself the question 'what company is telling you that 12 months.of searching is value for money?' With all their hype and self promotions of grandiose, finding matches should be a breeze!

The profiles are insufficient, they DO NOT match you with good candidates even though this is what they pride themselves on - note to us all, may be if we approach our banks and say there is an unauthorised overseas company taking money from our accounts, eharmony may wake up to their revolting business acumen.

WARNING: DO NOT sign up unless you are willing to lose control of your credit card.

The company has completely ignored my requests, multiple requests, to cancel the automatic subscription feature when I sign up. The company had gone complete silence and not responded to my emails.