eHarmony

eHarmony (page 3 of 38)

1.5

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (10%) · No (90%)

Waste of money

Small database with a very limited choice of matches, it seems.
Complete waste of money and time. You can better choose another provider.
Questionnaire is long and convoluted, which provides no insight.

Untrustworthy-zero stars

I would give it zero it this were an option

Terrible site and falsely advertised . The majority of my matches had no photo which makes it very difficult to engage as a profile photo is a absolute must in my view . I used a few dating sites simultaneously and this one really is by far the worst , nothing came out of it .

Find out how eHarmony compares to other Online Dating Sites

Absolute rubbish. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Jay

JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Eharmony is such a rip off and misleading in the way they bill/advertise.

Eharmony is such a rip off and misleading in the way they bill/advertise. Have asked to cancel and no response. Have sent another email asking about an unexpected charge by them and still no response. My bank suggested to cancel my credit card to stop further deductions. My bank will dispute the unexpected charges. Wish I'd seen the reviews before subscribing.

eHorrified

eHorrifiedPerth, WA

eHarmony is Awful: Disgusting, Horrible 'Date' Experience!

x0li

x0liGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid, like coronavirus.

I was drawn to the expectation of a reputable platform, you can receive better 'compatible' experiences for free from tinder! Fraudulent, continueing to charge me for a service I cancelled as per their conditions. The platform should be shut down. I take all reviews with a grain of salt but I seriously suggest to others be cautious when considering Eharmony.

JoS

JoSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wish I could do no stars = worst experience

I came to eHarmony BELIEVING if I paid to help find my ideal matches (potential partner) it would happen. With all their "algorithm's" etc which they "supposedly" have. They are nothing but scam artists, and want nothing more to get your money. I have contacted them numerous times wishing to cancel my subscription due to being in stage 4 restrictions and not being able to (in effect) use the service which I'm paying for. They're refusing to do this. I am now in contact with ACCC and consumer affairs. There's no new matches heaps of scam profiles. You don't always get what you pay for. DO NOT JOIN!

Beware - Once you join you are trapped into unfair costs.

I joined this site 8 years ago and it was really good.
I joined again now but wasn't happy so I tried to get a refund straight away but was refused.
What happened to the cooling off period?
Beware, they are an overseas company and don't real care about you.
They take money off you and offer you no means of being able to get it back.

L Scott

L ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

eDisHarmony Scam

HannahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a scam!!!

You go through all the effort of setting up your account to find that you can send them 1 message and then you have to pay for a subscription for 6 months, 12 months or 2 years!!

Anastasia S.

Anastasia S.Southwest, VIC

They charged me $179 and It says clear on their website I can cancel within 3 days But it’s lie

They charged me $179 and It says clear on their website I can cancel within 3 days now they saying they will never refund

anything THIS IS SO SO UNFAIR !!!! People in that website looking like prisoners I’m just so shocked how they are dealing with their customers asking them for money back

Only creeps on their website and customer care refuse to refund me and I emailed them very first day !!!

I’m taking legal actions as it is illegal not to refund me if the policy clearly says FULL REFUND WITHIN 3 days

Do not get trapped on this app like me!

Misleading and Deceptive

Signed up for a six month plan. Then at some point, without my knowledge they switched me to a twelve month plan. So when auto-renewal came around they charged me double. Terrible behaviour. Will be going out of my way to make sure nobody I know ever uses this service.

Belinda

BelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again! Huge rip off

Very few men on this site and extremely over priced. I will be taking legal action if they continue to charge my account for such a crappy service! Do not sign up!!!!

Marijana

MarijanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Regret joining!

I regretted joining about 30 mins into it. Most of the profiles are incomplete and I don't know how in the world I matched with some of these guys! Also there were no T&Cs to review before joining and it's way overpriced.

Danielle

Danielle

Don't bother

I have been trying to cancel my account for a few months as I met someone that had no association with them. Unfortunately I either have to pay the full outstanding amount or continue paying the monthly fee. They will not allow you to do a payment plan. Staff are not helpful and totally rude

Rach

Rach

Don't waste your money on this website!

The free trial takes so much time to setup only to find out you have to pay for a subscription to use it really. I reluctantly subscribed as they advertise as a "premium service" with a scientific way of matching people and a place for executives etc. I gave it a really good go and went through all matches however i only had around 15 within 20kms of me and same for within 50kms. I had absolutely no ongoing chats or any outcomes and when i contacted me they basically said you have a contract, too bad so sad! Please dont waste your time with this despicable company! Lost a large amount of money and got nothing for it.

Shane

ShaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This company is unscrupulous, sneaky and shameless.

Toni

ToniPerth, WA

Free trial just cruel

The "14 days free trial" gives you the ability to spend ages making a profile. Then when any match contacts you, you can't see their photo, and you get to say "Hi" back........and that's it. They reply and you have to pay to continue the conversation. How horrible. It's hard enough to do this already without seeming to be ignored by someone you reach out to. Shame on you eHarmony

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Taylorasked

If you signed up to the contract can they take it further if you don't pay?

Hi,

I’m not sure. I would assume they will just keep trying to take it out of your bank account until the full amount is paid.
I have previously signed up and deleted my account within 30 minutes and they refused to refund me even though there policy states that they would.
I would honestly just avoid unless you can get a free trial

Taylor

I got sucked into the 2 year contract but I cancelled my debit card so they would stop taking money out but I told them to turn off the auto renewal subscription just wondering if they would take it further if I didnt pay

Philip L.
Philip L.

Taylor contact consumer affairs an make a formal complaint and seek advice

Other Online Dating Sites