Ekoworx Universal Surface Cleaner

See the Best Oven & Cooktop Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It’s a good cleaner but doesn’t kill viruses

It’s a good cleaner and does leave things spotless but unfortunately their own tests have shown that it doesn’t kill viruses. It has no detergent action so it doesn’t get in and disrupt the cell walls. The rubbing and scrubbing action may indeed disrupt viruses but that hasn’t been tested. It apparently neutralises bacteria but not viruses. I was also really disappointed that they allowed their customer to troll & harass me for asking the question and in fact quoted the bullying customer who I had to block. Tania from co-repeatedly sidestepped the question and was the culprit in colluding with bullying. Justin was decent

Purchased in June 2019 for $50.00.

It’s great but not wow

While waiting for my Koh product to arrive I loved having the daily emails and seeing how to use it. Love the spray bottle easy to use love the Koh cloths very thick I didn’t like the diamond sponge on my shower screen I did it the same way on the video but it started scratching the glass so had to stop using it and it didn’t clean it so have to figure what I’m doing wrong. I haven’t done the oven yet but the diamond sponge is like a block of sand paper so I can see it’s going to bring it up a treat. Koh great on mirrors I can’t use it on my windows or doors as it’s tinted it has brought up the taps shiny and it great on the cupboard doors and door handles with the micro fibre cloth cleans the sink and toilet in the bathroom in a few seconds it’s just spray on wipe off every easy to use in the bathroom just didn’t like it in the shower love that you can’t smell chemicals

Purchased in July 2019 for $45.00.

I now love cleaning!

I had been looking to purchase the Koh cleaning product for a while and finally did. Why did I wait so long?

I'm not a clean freak, or I should say, I wasn't a clean freak, but I am now. It does everything so well and it is so quick. To start with I just purchased the home starter bundle. My oven was filthy and it took no time at all and very minimal scrubbing to bring back the shine. My showers were even worse, again minimal scrubbing and there was that shine again. I then cleaned the surface of all my kitchen cupboards, of which I can't even remember the last time I did them. Wow. Nice bright white kitchen cupboards. Probably the thing I struggled with the most was using a dry cloth. I was so used to running my cloth under the tap before starting to clean.

I then purchased the mop, getting the home mop bundle was cheaper than purchasing the mop on its own. Love. Love. Love it. No more lugging the mop and bucket around. It comes with two different types of cloths, one quite a bit thicker than the other. I started with the thicker one (green) and it was quite hard to move around the floor. I then watched the demonstration video and it says try both cloths to see which one suits your floor better. I switched to the thinner one (blue) and it was a breeze. So quick, so easy, so clean and practically dry.

I have given all my friends and family the cleaner, cloths and diamond sponges to try and everyone has purchased their own supply. Especially my mum who has bad asthma which is triggered with harsh chemical cleaners. She loves it too and hasn't struggled doing her cleaning.

I had much joy throwing out all the bottles of harsh chemical cleaners and just having this one product that does everything so well is so very worth it. It takes me no time at all to whip around and do all my cleaning all without feeling like I've been poisoned.

Purchased in July 2019 for $45.00.

I love this product

It really does make cleaning so much easier. Mirrors and glass are clean and streak-free without the need for tonnes of buffing. Cleans dirt from every surface I've tried with no scrubbing required. I tried a little experiment and sprayed half of my oven with water and the other half with Ekoworx and the difference was insane. The baked-on dirt came straight off using the diamond-sponge in a very gentle circular motion. The best part though, there was no smell and no chalky residue, just a shiny, clean oven. ( I would also like to point out I have not cleaned the oven for months, and it was pretty bad) . I think the secret is to let the product sit on the surface for a few minutes. The dirtier it is the longer you leave it to sit and do its thing.

Don't believe the hype

Just does not perform. Diamond scourer works ok but so does my $2 packet of green scourers from woollies. The chemical is useless. Tried it in the sink, in the shower, on the rangehood. Tried everywhere. Totally ineffective. Save your money.

Purchased in July 2019 for $44.90.

KOH cleaner

I recently purchased a KOH package of cleaner, mops and cloths. In tiny type I found it was a solution of .5% of Potassium Hydroxide which is good, old fashioned lye, a very corrosive base when used in high concentrations. (And KOH is actually the chemical formula of Potassium Hydroxide). Before you panic, KOH, combined with fat is how you make soap, so spraying it on your greasy things will actually turn the grease to soap. And it combines with the CO2 in the air to make Potassium Carbonate which is harmless in small quantities.
On my oven it easily removed recent spatters but not baked on spills. It works a treat on my kitchen floor which is an unsealed ceramic that marks easily. Great on chrome and mirrors. Love the mop as it gets right to the edge in the bathroom. I do find it strange to use a dry cloth for cleaning grotty cooktops and ovens, but so far, so good.

Purchased in July 2019 at Online from KOH for $99.00.

The jury is out

This product lived up to the hype re cleaning. My oven door was pretty grotty and cleaned without effort. I thought all was good but noticed a taste on my tongue after use. I’m not sure if it’s the product but am now proceeding with extreme caution. I have suffered from migraine and blurred vision also. Anyone else?

Purchased in June 2019 at On line for $48.00.

Cleaning

Quite happy with this product the only thing I will say is you go through it quite fast. Especially when mopping the floors. I also found it a little sticky.

Purchased in June 2019.

Not too impressed

Bought this product because nothing was getting the ring off the bathtub, and it has such rave reviews. It wasn’t better than anything else. Won’t buy this watered-down product again.

Purchased in June 2019 for $40.00.

It does clean and well.

Used on Stainless steel and oven door. The black standing block and koh shifted the burnt on fat grease ect. Turns out the ingredients are distilled water with pottasium bicarbonate added.. Possible to purchase far cheaper, pick up a pound saver spray mop and microfibre cloths from poundsaver or B&M. Koh is convenient and saves on waste plastic. Clever conception using age old cleaning products like Bi carb or White vinegar. Mop replacements can be found on Ebay.

Purchased in April 2019 for $35.00.

Loving Koh

I bought Koh (Ekoworx) I while ago and have repurchased since because it is so good. It really does clean amazingly well without harsh chemicals. Shower screens were always a hassle with other stuff I’ve tried prior and now they are easy and looking the way I want. I just addd the mop to my collection of items and it sprays really well and my floors look awesome. I tell everyone about Koh.

Purchased in June 2019 for $99.00.

So happy and the great reviews are to be believed!

My Koh package arrived yesterday and I am so happy with it’s result on my oven. The spray on it’s own only got rid of the oily bits but not the stubborn stains. I’ve been bugging my husband to clean the oven for 6 months! However when using the black scrubbing sponge the old baked oily stains started to lift off. It still takes a little bit of elbow grease but I’m so thrilled that it’s enviro friendly and non fragrant. Thankyou for a brilliant affordable product.

Purchased in May 2019 at Koh online for $44.90.

Top service and a top product

I ordered the mop package on Thursday and it was delivered to Tassie on Tuesday! Couldn't ask for better service than that. The mop is great and no more lugging heavy buckets of water around the house and ending up with a bad back! Thank you to Adam and team - I couldn't live without Koh cleaning products anymore.

Purchased in May 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store.

Does as promised.

This product is great. It does not smell, is easy to apply and used in conjunction with their cloths and diamond sponge does exactly what is promised. It has made my taps and sinks looks smudge free and incredibly sparkly. Works well on grease and comes in great home bundle packs. It’s is easy to use.

Purchased in May 2019 for $50.00.

Happy, then disappointed

I love my Koh products and have recommended quite a few people to these products as well.Love the fact that there are no nasty chemicals and the cleaning is so easy, and more importantly for me it was an Australian made product. So recently thought I would give the dishwasher tablets ago, they lived up to my expectations of Koh and not only cleaned the dishes and glasses exceptionally well but they left dishwasher sparkling. Then as I was taking off label to recycle/reuse plastic box they come in , I noticed MADE IN CHINA.Nothing against China but I thought I was supporting an Australian product. So now I have to look elsewhere for a great Austrslian product. So disappointed

Purchased in October 2018.

Happy, not happy

It’s a great product, works wonders on the oven glass but not so great on the baked on grease in the oven, and I did use the black diamond sponge, it shifted the surface grease quite easily but I’ll have to bring out the big guns to get the oven sparkling. It’s great on timber floors and glass shower screens.

Purchased in April 2018.

Great oven door cleaner

This was great for cleaning my oven door and bathroom mirror but that's about it. I wanted a one item cleaning product, but haven't really got that, it did not remove the ring around the bath and have gone back to my old product...It is an expensive glass cleaner really

Purchased in March 2019 at Koh Website for $55.00.

Little effort big clean

I have arthritic hands and have found ecoworx to be the easiest product to use with little scrubbing needed. I gave my son a small amount so he could clean the glass door on his snake house and it worked so well that he thought he had forgotten to close the glass doorknob it. Thank you ecoworx will continue to use your product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $180.00.

Very impressed

Best cleaner I’ve used, no smell, works on all surfaces, sparkling clean. Less effort and no lugging a bucket and grotty mop around and the floor is dry in minutes. No other cleaning products needed.

Purchased in March 2019.

Expensive Chemical Cleaner

Purchased this product and found I suffered an allergic reaction to this product, headaches, watery eyes, facial swelling, sneezing following using the atomiser allowing for proper ventilation. I gave this product a break from use to see what happened, upon reusing I experienced the same physical symptoms. I put a posting on the internet advising Koh of my reaction to their product to be advised they were surprised this happened. I was then given a full refund of the product cost. I have asked the question of Ekoworx now known as Koh why they are using children in their advertising of this product with no response given the cautionary signage to keep out of the reach of children. . Their material safety data sheets clearly states the product should be kept out of the reach of children yet they show a young boy cleaning an oven door, another holding a young baby in his arms whilst spraying and wiping down the inside of a shower glass screen. This product is a watered down chemical known as Potassium Hydroxide which is an acid however they state this product is safe for all the family as well as pets. Just because the product is watered down does not make it safe. Read the large caution sign on the bottle, keep out of reach of children, read safety directions before opening or using. This product has the not tested on animals logo however the Koh Universal Cleaner material safety data sheet revision date 17/4/2018 on page 5/8 under section 11: toxicology information: Animal Data ; Patch test Dose: 0.05, 1 hour, Human Erythema/eschar score: No erythema (0). Clever marketing for an overpriced watered down chemical which at the end of the day can still be harmful.

Purchased in September 2018 at internet for $54.00.