Electrodry Questions & Answers

NSW, VIC, QLD, etc...

28 questions from our users

TCasked

ACT

Does management ever return calls to dissatisfied customers? I have been waiting 5 months now.
And been a customer of this company for 10 years.

Cathyasked

Electrodry

I found it difficult to establish a time for my carpet to be cleaned, and the email that was sent didn't match the actual time on the 3 occasions Electrodry have attended my property. The onsite staff have been keen to please but I can't say that about management. When I had problems due to the stairs not being cleaned properly, and shocking stains remained, the first service agent took pictures and said he would refer the problem on, then I arranged for a second service agent who also cleaned the stairs but he was clearly and rightfully not satisfied that the issue had been resolved either. He suggested I contact the company again to get a supervisor to attend. I made another appointment (who showed up at the unscheduled time again) and it was another service agent. I explained it all to him due to the fact he had no idea about the existing problem. He spoke to his supervisor and I was told that after he cleaned the stairs for the 3rd time I would receive a phone call from him to check if I was happy. By now the carpet is stretched, and all stains are not gone. The carpet needs replacing, and I am extremely concerned because you can't match new with old, and you can't stop at the top of the stairs. Having not heard from the supervisor, I phoned the company again, and have not yet had any response. I don't wish to write a rotten report on product review, but according to Australian Consumer Law, and I quote, this is a major failure -"the services are substantially unfit for their normal purpose and cannot easily be made fit, within a reasonable time. For example, a carpet-cleaning service changes the colour of the consumer’s carpet in some places" Page 4 of 'An Industry Guide to Australian consumer Law'.

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Cathy. Thanks for your feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. To help you with this issue, kindly email us at feedback@edry.com.au with your service address and best contact number(s).

Cathy

I immediately emailed you my details and still haven’t heard from you...

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Cathy. The email should've gone to me, amongst others, but it seems to have not gone through. Would you mind just chatting your service address here? Thanks.

Margaret Sneddon

Margaret Sneddonasked

Electrodry NSW

Can you dry clean a white shag rug 280 x 190 cm. Situated The Entrance.
MLS

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Thanks for enquiring, Margaret. Yes, we can clean shag rugs. Depending on the material and condition of your rug, we should be able to clean it within our minimum fee of $109. For a more accurate quote, you're welcome to call our hotline 132713.

Adila H.

Adila H.asked

SA

How long would it take to do carpet cleaning for five rooms and a staircase ?

MikeJPasked

Electrodry

Followup to my earlier question .... my partner has COPD and other chronic respiratory issues. How do I eliminate mould and do it without using chemicals which may be just as bad as mould??

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, MikeJP. Part our mould cleaning and treatment service is a process called micro misting which allows us to pull the VOC's from the cleaning solutions out of the air after treatment which will make the space safe for individuals like your partner. If you'd like more information about this, feel free to message us privately on marketing@edry.com.au with your phone number so we can have 1 of our senior technicians give you a ring.

MikeJP

Thanks. I will be in touch.

MikeJPasked

Electrodry

What product and/or active ingredient is used in the mould cleaning process??

Johanna Basked

WA

Had my Split system aircon cleaned a couple of weeks ago , only just started to use it today as it was a hot one in Perth , but noticed it was leaking from the inside unit ,is this normal after cleaning ?

Deb D

Deb Dasked

VIC

I had my air conditioner cleaned recently and last night it started leaking water, all over my couch
Why did this happen
It has not happened for years
It started dripping not long after I moved in but then a technician altered the fan
After cleaning the air conditioner is really cold, running great and this happened

Johanna B

This has just happened to me , did you find out if this is a normal thing to happen ?

James J L.
James J L.

these guys are conmen and don't trust this company!

steve

steveasked

Electrodry

is electrodry in gladstone and rockhampton

Deanna Prosser

Deanna Prosserasked

Electrodry

Had carpets cleaned approx. 3 weeks ago-very pleased with result. Unfortunately a full mug of tea with milk was spilled over carpet yesterday. Any suggestions?

Cath

Cathasked

Electrodry

I had cleaning done today & ended up paying more than was quoted. I agreed to E Gard to protect lounge chairs (extra $125) and it was also suggested I get extra product put though the 2 air conditioners after cleaning as there was mould. This increased price by another $200. There is nothing on your website about this added air con service - was I ripped off? Also, I'd prefer to have these options discussed with original quote rather than have costs added on the day of cleaning.

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Cath. Thanks for your feedback. E Gard and Eco protect are supplementary treatments and are usually discussed on the day if necessary. We'll take your feedback into account to further improve our service.

Leah

Leahasked

Electrodry

Does or can carpet being cleaned remove fleas? have tried lots of different things

Annette C

Best to call the number on their advertising and they would be able to answer that for you. You may need pest control

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Leah. You will have to get a pest control company in to take care of this for you as carpet cleaning methods are not meant and guaranteed to kill fleas. After the pest control people have done their work, we can then come in to clean the dead insects, refresh and disinfect your carpets.

Meghankate

Meghankateasked

Electrodry

If I'm myself not present to pay for the carpet cleaning and just have someone open the house for them and lock it up after can i pay over the phone with a credit card as soon as the service is completed or will i need to be present?

Annette C

As I was home I am not sure but their call centre would be able to answer your question. Just call the number on their advertising

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Meghan. If you can't be around, payment has to be secured before our technicians can start. They are able to process payment over the phone for you.

Jane V

Jane Vasked

Electrodry

Does this way of cleaning, room pet smells?

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Jane. Our professional cleaning method is quite effective. It even has Healthguard™ which kills germs and bacteria. In the event that the smell is more stubborn than usual we do have specific specialised treatments we can use to help you remedy the issue.

Joe

Joeasked

Electrodry

I had a Floor restoration carried out yesterday and very unhappy with end result. I was told when quoted that I would get 3-4 coats of polyurethane but only got 1 coat. The Floor now looks patchy and worse than before. It definitely needs another 1-2 costs. I’ve called 2 times and was assured I would get a call back. I requested that a representative of your company come and see this unfinished work. I have no other choice but to contact ACCC. I hope we can resolve the issue soon. Any help?

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Joe. Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind sending us a private message with your best contact number and cleaning address so we can have this looked into? Thank you.

Georgia

Georgiaasked

Electrodry

Hi how much is it to clean a couch and rug please?

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Georgia. The cost may vary slightly depending on your location, the material, size and condition of the lounge. You're welcome to direct message us so we can privately discuss it. Thanks for enquiring.

scaniger

scanigerasked

Electrodry

hi i have 2 rooms with wood floors scratched stained and need refurbishing.i would like to rejuvinate them without sanding them back and painting them ,.could you explain how your process works and what is the the surface sealant used to restore the floors. cheers john seaniger

Lisa Casked

Electrodry

Will electrodry timber restore remove paint from the floor? previous owners of our house spray painted the walls and didn't bother about protecting the wood as they carpeted. We have pulled up the carpet to find quite a large amount of spray paint residure

Tony
Tony

Hi Lisa

I would give them a very wide birth I have been inundated with emails from people that are very unhappy with them all they are interested in is taking your money and deliver a very poor job. hope that answers your question. With regard to the paint on the floor if its acrylic wall paint this is easily removed with methylated spirts just wet the area and wait just a minute or two and it will rub off.

Good to know

Jenny

Jennyasked

Electrodry

Was wondering about how much to have the mould cleaning from a normal size lounge room and small bathroom ceiling?

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, Jenny. Thanks for enquiring. We'd usually quote mould treatment at a minimum fee of $300, which covers at least a 13 sqm surface. If you'd like a more accurate quote and a clear idea of the process we can visit you to better assess the problem. To book an appointment please call 13 33 79.

Tigerman

Tigermanasked

Electrodry

How successful is your process of restoring the carpet pile that has been subject to lounges, chairs and heavy furniture that has left indents in the carpet

Electrodry C.Electrodry

Hi, thanks for enquiring. It depends on how bad the indents are. If it's just the pile itself then we are fairly successful with resetting the pile. However, there are instances that the heavy furniture can create an indent on the underlay itself and this can create a permanent indent that no dry or steam cleaning process can reverse.

Get an answer from our members and Electrodry representatives