Electrodry

Electrodry Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedelectrodry.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Cath
Cath · Electrodry

I had cleaning done today & ended up paying more than was quoted. I agreed to E Gard to protect lounge chairs (extra $125) and it was also suggested I get extra product put though the 2 air conditioners after cleaning as there was mould. This increased price by another $200. There is nothing on your website about this added air con service - was I ripped off? Also, I'd prefer to have these options discussed with original quote rather than have costs added on the day of cleaning.

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Cath. Thanks for your feedback. E Gard and Eco protect are supplementary treatments and are usually discussed on the day if necessary. We'll take your feedback into account to further improve our service.

Leah
Leah · Electrodry

Does or can carpet being cleaned remove fleas? have tried lots of different things

Annette C

Best to call the number on their advertising and they would be able to answer that for you. You may need pest control

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Leah. You will have to get a pest control company in to take care of this for you as carpet cleaning methods are not meant and guaranteed to kill fleas. After the pest control people have done their work, we can then come in to clean the dead insects, refresh and disinfect your carpets.

Meghankate
Meghankate · Electrodry

If I'm myself not present to pay for the carpet cleaning and just have someone open the house for them and lock it up after can i pay over the phone with a credit card as soon as the service is completed or will i need to be present?

Annette C

As I was home I am not sure but their call centre would be able to answer your question. Just call the number on their advertising

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Meghan. If you can't be around, payment has to be secured before our technicians can start. They are able to process payment over the phone for you.

Jane V
Jane V · Electrodry

Does this way of cleaning, room pet smells?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Jane. Our professional cleaning method is quite effective. It even has Healthguard™ which kills germs and bacteria. In the event that the smell is more stubborn than usual we do have specific specialised treatments we can use to help you remedy the issue.

Joe
Joe · Electrodry

I had a Floor restoration carried out yesterday and very unhappy with end result. I was told when quoted that I would get 3-4 coats of polyurethane but only got 1 coat. The Floor now looks patchy and worse than before. It definitely needs another 1-2 costs. I’ve called 2 times and was assured I would get a call back. I requested that a representative of your company come and see this unfinished work. I have no other choice but to contact ACCC. I hope we can resolve the issue soon. Any help?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Joe. Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind sending us a private message with your best contact number and cleaning address so we can have this looked into? Thank you.

Georgia
Georgia · Electrodry

Hi how much is it to clean a couch and rug please?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Georgia. The cost may vary slightly depending on your location, the material, size and condition of the lounge. You're welcome to direct message us so we can privately discuss it. Thanks for enquiring.

scaniger
scaniger · Electrodry

hi i have 2 rooms with wood floors scratched stained and need refurbishing.i would like to rejuvinate them without sanding them back and painting them ,.could you explain how your process works and what is the the surface sealant used to restore the floors. cheers john seaniger

Lisa C · Electrodry

Will electrodry timber restore remove paint from the floor? previous owners of our house spray painted the walls and didn't bother about protecting the wood as they carpeted. We have pulled up the carpet to find quite a large amount of spray paint residure

Tony
Tony

Hi Lisa

I would give them a very wide birth I have been inundated with emails from people that are very unhappy with them all they are interested in is taking your money and deliver a very poor job. hope that answers your question. With regard to the paint on the floor if its acrylic wall paint this is easily removed with methylated spirts just wet the area and wait just a minute or two and it will rub off.

Good to know

Jenny
Jenny · Electrodry

Was wondering about how much to have the mould cleaning from a normal size lounge room and small bathroom ceiling?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Jenny. Thanks for enquiring. We'd usually quote mould treatment at a minimum fee of $300, which covers at least a 13 sqm surface. If you'd like a more accurate quote and a clear idea of the process we can visit you to better assess the problem. To book an appointment please call 13 33 79.

Tigerman
Tigerman · Electrodry

How successful is your process of restoring the carpet pile that has been subject to lounges, chairs and heavy furniture that has left indents in the carpet

Electrodry   DM

Hi, thanks for enquiring. It depends on how bad the indents are. If it's just the pile itself then we are fairly successful with resetting the pile. However, there are instances that the heavy furniture can create an indent on the underlay itself and this can create a permanent indent that no dry or steam cleaning process can reverse.

RPP
RPP · Electrodry

Hi. I have a Godfrey Hirst Eco carpet - they recommend steam cleaning if a professional service is required. Does your system work with their eco range carpets for pet urine stains?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, RPP. Good question. Eco carpet is best steam cleaned which we can do at $55 per room at a minimum of 2 rooms. Depending on how severe the pet urine stains are, there are instances that a specialised stain treatment has to be done. If this is advisable, we quote specialised treatment at $20 to $25 per 15 minutes on top of the cleaning cost. Please let us know if we can help you further.

zoot
zoot · Electrodry

Hi just a couple of questions. I see that people say that Electrodry does not give a receipt - is this standard practice? I am in a rental and as part of my standard inspections I have to get carpets cleaned. If I dont get a receipt I will have to pay again to prove I did clean them so dont want to bother if no receipt available. Also I understand that you dont work Saturdays - do you work in the evenings then? I am at work during the day and the only time I have to get carpets done is weekends or evenings so just wanted to check. thanks

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Zoot. Great question. We do give a receipt. Since we have gone paperless, we send it via e-mail so you are able to print it out. Or we can even e-mail it to the real estate for you! We do work Saturdays in most areas, there's just a $15 Saturday fee on top of the total that we quote. To better assist you, you can ring our hotline 13 33 79 so our representatives can help you with a quote and give you a better idea regarding availability.

Marcia Gingold
Marcia Gingold · Electrodry

Can your system remove blood stains?

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Marcia. Great question. Yes, our cleaning system is able to remove blood stains. Depending on how bad the problem is, it can either be removed with just a thorough clean or a combination of a clean and a specialised treatment. If you haven't tried removing it yourself with other chemicals, we can guarantee removal with either processes.

davros61
davros61 · Electrodry

Could Electrodry management explain why there is a price discrepancy between the call center and what your technician quotes for cleaning a rug? I called the call center to obtain a price for cleaning a rug and was told $99 but later I discovered that the technician would clean it for $40.

Electrodry   DM

Hi Davros61, our phone representatives quote based on the information given to them. Rugs vary greatly in size and type, so quoting them accurately is a challenge to do on the phone. We quote rugs between $5 - $7 per square metre. We do adhere to a minimum fee of $99 across all our branches and this would normally cover 1-3 rugs, again depending on size, type and soiling. This the case unless you have the rugs cleaned along with other rooms or seats with a cost that would exceed our minimum fee. Regardless, we always make it a point to provide our customers the best possible results. If you have, in fact, had our technician inspect your rugs and have quoted you just $40 for it, we fail to see how this is a bad thing? If this is the case, please let us know. Thank you.

Deb
Deb

Is it because they are answering from an overseas call centre & DON'T HAVE A CLUE?

kerrie · Electrodry

Hi, i have 2 questions for Electrodry. Please explain how your 'dry cleaning' method is superior to the conventional shampoo method. Secondly, re Kate from Cranbourne's experience above, do your Melbourne workers provide a receipt for payment? And is it possible to pay with either cash or card? Thankyou.

Electrodry   DM

Hi, Kerrie. Thanks for considering us for your professional carpet cleaning needs. We'd like to think every professional carpet cleaning method has got its good points. Ours would be...

1. The solvents used in the dry cleaning solutions that are applied to the carpet will actually break down the oils that cause the stains in the first place;

2. Stains are pre-treated with specialised stain removal solutions;

3. The cleaning solutions contain a sanitiser that kills bacteria, mould and germs;

4. The cleaning solutions, dirt and oils are extracted from the carpet;

5. The chemical balance of the carpet is returned to its original ph levels which has the effect of restoring colour and brightness;

6. Minimal water is used so carpets are left dry enough to walk on;

7. Lastly, the stain removal results of bonnet cleaning are superior to any other method of cleaning.

If you'd like to book for a clean, you can ring us on 1300 13 27 13.

Kate
Kate

My mums cleaner was hard work when she asked for a receipt, if I was there I would have kicked this guy out! Dryton are very good, go with them :)

kerrie

ok thanks kate. Yeah, they haven't even responded to that part of my question. Seems strange for a professional company. I mean they have to pay tax etc.

William Smith
William Smith · Electrodry

I have pure wool carpet that I would like cleaned and I am concerned as to whether the process that you use is safe for wool. Are you endorsed by anyone such as Woolmark or WoolSafe? Are there any additives in your chemicals which could be unsuitable for cleaning wool?

Electrodry   DM

Hi William, our method is very safe on woolen material. We are a nationwide operation and we clean wool everyday. To know more about our method you can visit external link  or ring us on 1300 13 27 13 and you'll find heaps of CREDIBLE information about us.

Jenny Parkin
Jenny Parkin · Electrodry

I have a wool carpet and live in a very damp environment, also an old lounge which I would like to remove a musty smell from. Can electrodry do this for me. I feel if I had the carpets and upholstery cleaned in the traditional wet way they may never dry and the smell would be worse.

JZ66
JZ66

Hi Jenny, sorry I am not the expert you need to make some enquiries with the real providers. Personally I will not use Electrodry again but for yourself you must make your own choice.

Electrodry   DM

Hi Jenny, We clean wool carpets and upholstery every day with fantastic results , i can organise an obligation free quote if you like just email your details including postcode to customerservice@edry.com.au. Have a great day !

Dianne4161
Dianne4161 · Electrodry

I have high and low pile carpet, is the cleaner you use okay for this or is it only for a low pile carpet?

Electrodry   DM

Hi Dianne4161 , Yes the Electrodry Carpet Dry Cleaning method is suitable for both high and low pile carpet , please call 132713 for a quote and to book in a suitable time for your cleaning needs

Get an answer from our members and Electrodry representatives

Select a listing for your question