Electrolux EBE5307 / EBE5367 Series (529L, Bottom Mount)

Electrolux EBE5307 / EBE5367 Series (529L, Bottom Mount)

EBE5307 (Standard) and EBE5367 (Water Dispenser)

Works ok, not great to clean

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the performance of the fridge. It’s a bit noisy, but it does its job and I love the freezer set-up (I’ve only ever had bottom-mount fridges before). However, I’m not sure that the person(s) who designed it has ever cleaned a fridge.

1. The drawers themselves don’t seem to be fully removable but are part of an integrated unit. I hope there’s a trick to removing them and it’s possible, but so far I haven’t learned it and I’m scared to force it unless I break something. If they’re not fully removable, who thought this was a good idea?

2. There’s a plastic insert/liner inside the large drawer which would be easy to clean separately if I could get the damn thing out, but since the drawers don’t come out of the unit, it’s impossible. I hope it really does come out and there’s a trick to this too, otherwise, what’s the point of having it? If so, it shouldn’t be so difficult to remove it.

3. The veggie crisper drawer doesn’t pull the whole way out even with the door as wide open as it will go. For a quick wipe-out, I have to pull the door compartment where I keep the milk and tall bottles off the fridge door completely so I can pull the drawer out fully.

4. The milk compartment is the only one I’m able to remove comfortably. Once the door compartments are on, they don’t want to shift if you want to take them out and clean them properly. I don’t want to force the issue unless they break. I think they were designed with those little silicone mats so you just take those out and wash them, which is not good enough.

I was looking at a different fridge when I bought this one, and I’m sorry I chose the Electrolux. I’m giving three stars, because it does work, but the design and functionality leaves a lot to be desired, for me. An expensive mistake.

PS. I see it’s been discontinued. I’d be interested to see if any of my bugbears have been addressed in the new model.

PSS. I’ve just noticed cracks in the plastic lining of the fridge near the ledge at the rear where the drawers slide into. For a fridge that was bought less than six mon this ago, not great. Lowered the rating for build quality accordingly.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Hi KLS, Narelle from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle (Ticket 964564)? We would really like to try to assist you.

Well designed fridge

Well designed interior to other fridges I've owned. We drink a lot of water and the water dispenser saves opening the fridge so a great advantage. Energy use star rating is what made us spend more than we would have preferred.

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,900.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Good but noisy

I mainly chose this fridge because of its size, style and energy rate. I am happy with these parameters, but since it was delivered, it had a permanent unusual noise and it wasn't the most silent fridge. after a month it started to whistle continuously and I became sure that this is not normal, so I called the service center and the technician came a week after and changed the fan.
Now all noises are gone and it works like a normal fridge. I didn't expect to change a part for a 1month old fridge.
The other problem is the door, sometimes it is too hard to open as it sucks the air hardly. also when you want to close it you need to push it to a certain point. you can not just let it go, even with perfect leveling.
overall it is an average Fridge and temperature is reliable

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,599.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

This fridge is exactly what we needed. The only reliable one in its class in the market

I initially bought the Westinghouse WBE5360SA and it was making noise like a tractor. That fridge was a must avoid. So I asked appliances online to replace it with an Electorlux EBE5367SA. Thanks god! this is much of a better fridge. Absolutely quiet , perfect performance I cant be happier than this. It has a lot of room for a big family and you can fit almost everything in this fridge. Electrolux has left no room for complain. I hope it lasts more than my previous Samsung which only worked two years. The only negative is that Electrolux is playing up to pay the Cash back deal which will be hopefully resolved.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Faulty after one month, atrocious customer service

We bought this fridge less than 3 months ago, and at first, i was quite happy with it. Not for very long though, unfortunately...
After about 6 weeks with our brandnew fridge, it started making a whirring/purring/motoring noise, coming from somewhere at the back. A very constant noise.
When having a closer look behind the fridge, i also discovered that there was no backing over the whole bottom back part of the fridge, fully exposing cables, trays, drains and a whole lot of other fragile looking parts... later, when asking for advice at the shop we bought it from, i was told that this is normal and nothing is missing, as i first thought. I found this very strange, as this means there is absolutely no protection from dust, geckos or worse.
However, this is just a small detail on the side...

As the salesman back at the shop had suggested, i rang Electrolux about the noise immediately- in fact, i made the call from the airport, as we were leaving on a long overseas trip after the problem started, and i wanted the problem sorted out while we were away.
The man who finally picked up ( after more than 30min on hold) was one of the rudest, most patronising Call Centre people i have ever encountered. He clearly was not interested in the problem at hand, kept cutting me off, tried to tell me i needed a written permission from our landlord before a technician could be sent out ( absolutely ridiculous, surely!)... and finally simply hung up on me. I was livid.
We then placed a second call to Electrolux right away- the lady who picked up eventually, again after a ridiculously long waiting time, was equally rude to my husband, this time telling him the noise was clearly normal, not wanting to hear any more about it. However, after a very long discussion he finally managed to make an appointment for someone to go and have a look at the fridge while we were away... ( and strangely she didn't mention anything whatsoever about regulations regarding repair jobs at rental houses.)

Our housesitter then let us know the repair person who came by simply said it was a normal noise and left again, without having an actual look at the unit.
We are now back home, and the noise is still there... it is absolutely constant, and it is like torture! It is loud enough to be heard from almost anywhere in the house... there is no way i can live with this for the next x years- it's unbearable!

The people at the Electrolux Call Centre are quite clearly trained to prevent and actively discourage people from receiving any proper warranty service they are entitled to... i had the feeling they might even get a little bonus everytime they DON'T send out a technician.
It's disgraceful, and i am beyond disappointed.

We thought we were getting the best product by paying for this top of the range brand... and it has turned out to be the worst fridge we've ever owned. Electrolux- never again!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Eugenia, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your experience. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks

Looks good and has more space compared to my old fridge of the same size

Love the bottom mounted freezer, the fridge looks really classy and my wife loves it! Even though the size is 528l compared to 550l for my old Brilcon fridge, I actually had more space, especially freezer space which my wife really loves. Easy enough to open and close, though if you have just closed it, you may need to wait a short while before opening it again. Looking really good so far!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Good unit, but there is room for improvement!

Let me start by saying I purchased the unit at 2nds World because it had a couple of very minor small trolley dents on the side of the fridge that is not visible when in the kitchen. I gave it a rating of 4 stars because I paid $1,280 including delivery and an additional 3 years warranty on to of the 2 years manufacturers warranty. Had I paid $1899 + delivery + additional warranty then my rating would have been 3 stars.

On a positive note, the stainless steel has an acrylic finish to prevent finger prints marks and it has a 4.5 stars energy rating, and it is well designed.

Unfortunately, the compressor is indeed much louder than all fridges I have earnt previously and the freezer doesn't have a light. Whilst the freezer is generous the freezer draws limit how much you can fit in it.

Would I buy the unit knowing what I know now?

Would I be satisfied had I paid $1,899?
Maybe not, I believe I can get better value for money

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Fridge was faulty but customer service is 5 stars

I brought the fridge 6 months ago the door was extremely hard to open and freezer would take a long time to freeze got a technician out but was unable to fix it thankfully electrolux are going to replace it due to it being faulty Apart from that it was a great fridge. Plenty of space and loved the wine rack. Very happy with electrolux customer service.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love Love Love

Love this fridge, the space in both the fridge and the freezer, I love the draw in the fridge the lighting is fantastic very natural, also the light on the water dispenser is very cool. It was easy to install the water, it is very easy to change the settings within the fridge, Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very reliable

This fridge hasn't missed a beat in 4 years. ..very easy to find things inside. ..easy to open and close. ..keeps everything nice and cold...freezer holds a lot of things and keeps a reliable state of frozeness.very handy ice facks and trays,we use them all the time...
Had a matching stainless appearance like other appliances in our kitchen

Date PurchasedNov 2014

A really great family fridge

I really like this fridge. The veggies actually stay really fresh in the crisper (sometimes celery wilts a bit) and I haven't had any problems with things freezing at the back. The size is generous and the lighting means you don't lose stuff that gets pushed to the back, only to find it weeks later... The second drawer is good for veggie drawer overflow (although not as effective at keeping fresh) or for storing cheese, butter etc. Very handy.
The freezer space is good and all you really need for most day to day use.

My only real frustration with this fridge is that the door doesn't open quite far enough and you can't actually open the crisper fully (or remove for cleaning) without removing the caddy/shelf on the door.

All in all, I would definitely recommend, especially for those who don't want to have to store their veggies in containers or plastic.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good Fridge, handle breaks

Good fridge, plenty of room and easy to clean.
Keeps items cold and has useful compartment areas.
Door can be difficult to open at times which has resulted in the handle breaking off within 6 months.
I have tried contacting customer service via email, but have had no reply as yet.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Iain, Shannan from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Shannan

Great family fridge

I have had this fridge for two weeks now. It is a generous size for 4+sized family. It runs quietly on a low hum that's not noticeable. The temperature is fairly consistent in the fridge compartment (tested in different locations).
The only downside for me is that the doors swings open rather than swing shut. So it always opens wider than I wanted and feels like I need to catch it before it bends back too far.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Lovely Fridge Very Nice

We are more than pleased with our new fridge. It replaced a very old Fisher and Paykel whose white paint had nearly turned yellow, it was so old. It has beautiful modern lines and makes our whole kitchen look better. It runs like aclock and quiet as a mouse, Great storage space inside. We are very glad we got this model.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent fridge

Modern looking exterior and really spacious and well designed interior. Temperature control panel is on the side and not at the back so it’s easy to change. Cooler and veg and fruit shelves locks in freshness,however the divider for the veg and fruit shelf is a bit flimsy and always moves around.

Freezer section has compartments that lets you separate different foods and is easy to pull out.

Best feature is that the door automatically bounces shut with a little push, which is the only one that does that out of all the brands we tried. Really useful for someone who always forgets to close the fridge door.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent Fridge!

The Good:
- Sleek design
- Settings easy to use
- Consistently cold, regardless of contents
- Space for everything

The Bad:
- Draws difficult to completely remove as door prevents full removal
- Sometimes can be noisy, however usually only for a few minutes

The Lowdown:
Excellent fridge that will look good in any kitchen and works extremely well. From box to completely installed and cold took about 10 minutes and was incredibly simple. With multiple internal settings the Elextrolux fridge can handle anything you store inside! Not to mention the freezer has multiple draws to separate contents so meats and other frozen foods sit apart. This fridge has an excellent energy efficiency rating which is good for keeping electricity bills down. I highly recommend this fridge!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Stylish, quiet, well lit

On the recommendation of the electrical store and the fridge mechanic, we bought this fridge over the phone without seeing it or considering other models. We are very happy with our choice.

This unit is so quiet, it is stylish and when you open it it is so well lit. The temperature display is on the right hand side inside the fridge. So you can see instantly what is going on and if there is a problem. Unlike old fridges where that information panel is at the back and therefore usually hidden by food.

The freezer is split into drawer compartments which is very handy but it does reduce the available space. The freezer storage capacity is a little on the low side as a result.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent fridge!! Sleek Design

My partner and I recently moved into a new house and were looking for a decent, energy efficient, bottom mount fridge that also looked sleek in our kitchen. Since day one this fridge has been performing perfectly. It only took around 15 minutes to become "ready" once out of the box. Both the fridge and freezer have multiple compartments and spaces for everything we need. A note of warning, the door buckets are difficult to move once clicked into place - so be sure of where you want them before fulling sliding them into place. The freezer has multiple zones for different items, which is handy for storing meats, frozen fruit, and other miscellaneous items. The ice maker is also a nice touch in the absence of a water dispenser built into the door. The door for both the fridge and freezer seems to not open quite enough to fully pull the draws out, however it's a very small factor as we rarely have need to remove them. All in all this fridge is exactly what we were after and performs to the standard we expect for the price. Definitely recommend this fridge to anyone looking.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amazing!

Bought this just over 3 months ago and haven’t had any problems what so ever! Comes in great packaging and is very easy to set up. Maintains a perfect temperature. I love that you can change the temperature to the preferered degree (not just the standard 1,2,3,4,5). The freezer doesn’t frost so it is very easy to clean! Doesn’t make any sounds unless door is left open. Door also closes very securely!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing fridge

Love our new Electrolux. The size is perfect for our family of 4. It's quiet and has some nice extra features like being able to select a zone to cool quicker etc. The 3 drawers in freezer enable good organisation something which we just couldn't get right previously. It's quiet and modern design really suits our kitchen. Love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018