Electrolux EDC2075GDW

Electrolux EDC2075GDW

MPNs: 36528292 and EDC2075GDW

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

GoodKat
GoodKatSydney, NSW

Dries OK once you get to know how it works.

We bought this dryer in 2017, and intially had trouble understanding which settings would produce the most efficient result. We eventually settled for the "Strong Dry" option to balance between the dryness that we wanted and the run time of the dryer. It still takes 145 mins but the machine will end the cycle early if the load is dry.

For a load with clothes this works as intended, however we found that drying sheets are a challenge. We normally have to run 2 cycles as parts of the sheets would still come out wet.

Lint gets around the lint basket so I have to use a vacuum cleaner to remove the excess lint once in a while.

I would try a different dryer next time.

Purchased in June 2017.

M. Tiemens
M. TiemensSydney, NSW

"Does what it says on the box" and good service but not entirely convinced about the quality.

Purchased in June 2017 at Appliances Online for $679.00.

DBJBPeel, WA

Its our second and couldn't be happier!

Purchased in April 2019 at RetraVision for $695.00.

Find out how Electrolux EDC2075GDW compares to other Condenser Clothes Dryers

No heat - already been replaced once

Purchased this dryer 7 months ago, the first dryer we had delivered didn't produce any heat. The barrel was working but it was only generating cold air. Contacted the company we purchased from and they immediately replaced. The 2nd dryer we have was working fine and now after 7 months it is having the exact same issue. Not producing any hot air.
Electrolux are sending out a technician and said they will fix or replace but I have no confidence that the machine will continue to work in 12 months time after experiencing the same issue with 2 different machines. This is obviously an ongoing issue with this dryer as other people have reported the same problem, not happy with it's performance or the options available to me.

Purchased in September 2018.

Horatiu
Horatiu

Read the manual before complaining

As Mark said, I was also a bit worried with this dryer as I read a lot of negative views before ordering it, and then I read this one and decided to take a risk because I know many people don't read the manual. I have absolutely nothing to complain about it. There's a saying out there: RTFM! (Google what it means).

Date PurchasedOct 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Mark
MarkMelbourne, Victoria

Great dryer if you change the default settings

I was a bit worried with this dryer as I read a lot of negative views after i had already ordered it. After doing a couple of mid size loads on the strong dry setting some of the clothes were slightly damp. I then did a load on the hottest setting and most things were dry except heavy clothing like denim jeans. I then read the manual! If you refer to section 8 of the manual you will find out how to change the default settings to maximum dry (out of the box the dryer is configured to leave some moisture in the clothes hence the dampness). Once i did this clothes come out perfectly dry using the strong or extra dry setting. A mid to full size load takes 1.45 mins.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Jodie
Jodie

I believe this dryer is defective

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A dryer that doesn't dry?

I've had this dryer for a few months and it simply doesn't dry.
The settings are useless, no matter which option I choose the dryer stops after a few minutes.
If I use the "Timed dry" it'll stay on for the selected timeframe but nothing ever comes out dry.

As I type this I have had ONE item in the dryer for over an hour and it's still not dry.

I bought this dryer to help over winter with a new baby but it's only added to my electricity bill and caused frustration.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Saher Yousif
Saher YousifSydney, NSW

Does not Dry

This is the worst dryer ever. I bought this crap and my clothes don't dry. I have been hanging my clothes out ever since I got this crap. I noticed everyone has the same problem. It cost alot to dry clothes in a dryer and I'm paying to dry clothes to later hang them out. I bought it to save time cause I'm always busy instead im loosing time.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

honestly
honestlyBrisbane

GOOD DRYER-SUITS BASIC NEEDS-GREAT FOR UNIT

This condenser dryer is great for units as there is no humid air expressed from the machine, however some heat does radiate. I can only feel that on a hot day. The water collection cartridge is easy to empty. Please note that the manual suggests that the water collected from the dryer can be used as distilled water. You will need to fine filter the water for this purpose as well as ensuring there is no fabric softener used in your wash. The softener seems to make the condensed water slimy. FURTHER you will need to use a fine coffee filter to remove lint that travels from your wash to the condenser.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

No heat

Five months old and no heat,i see another comment regarding this so it seems a problem,still under warranty so expect full repair or new machine.WIll be ringing on Monday for it to be looked at cant have it not working,family of four.Also agree with comments about too many choices i only use two settings.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Noel PVictoria

Disappointing

Instructions are complex and confusing. After trying a variety of settings we now use it only on its maximum. The other choices are ineffective if you want your clothes dry without damp patches. A good feature though is the condensate collection
Separation of cottons and synthetics is a useless feature as there are so many fabric blends theses days.
Follow up from Electrolux on a promotional offer is also less than satisfactory. We are wondering really if it will ever come to fruition.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Noel P

I must add that since I posted this review Electrolux have been active in follow up on the promotional offer and I am now confident that they will honour the deal. It's just taking a bit of time.

Karen R.
Karen R.Docklands

No heat after just 5 uses!

So we bought this condenser dryer 5 weeks ago, and we use it once a week. Today, we are very disappointed that its no longer generating heat! The drum is still working, but its basically producing cold air so the appliance is useless. I hope someone from Electrolux can help us with this! We are still under warranty!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Nickysydney
NickysydneyAU

Really it just doesn't work

I bought this 6 weeks ago to "finish off" line dried clothes.
It does not work and takes literally hours for a single sheet.
Does not seem to get hot and really just feels like it burns through electricity.
None of the programmes makes a difference.
Tried to contact electrolux but no response. Very poor.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
travelaholics
travelaholicsSydney, NSW

Great dryer for the price. Dries well. Very happy so far

Date PurchasedJan 2017