MPN: EDH3786GDW

Pathetic

Do not buy this dryer, it takes 6+ hours to dry 8 towels. It has quite few settings on the machine, but the extra dry cycle won't dry a normal load under 6 hours. If you have a family and want to do a few loads in a day then don't even think about this dryer.
The salesman will give you the pitch about these dryers having no condensation, they're a heat pump dryer and you need to expect the clothes to come out slightly damp, as this is normal. You will be very disappointed when the dryer stops and your clothes are still wet after 3 hours.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,450.00.

Noise Level

Big mistake

I bought this machine to wash linen at a holiday rental. Completely impractical as it takes so long to dry a load. I can’t dry a set of sheets in a reasonable time. I just had a set on for approx. 5 hours and it’s now hanging in front of the heater as it still came out wet in places. It’s not broken, it has just never worked as I hoped.

Purchased in June 2017.

Hopeless

Worst dryer I have ever owned. Takes forever. Clothes always end up in a damp ball. I have to untangle them and put them back in for another cycle. And they still feel damp and they smell when they eventually dry from spending so long in the dryer bunched up into a ball. Water leaks from under the door. On my way to the dump with it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Sue A, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks

Very poor dryer performance

To dry a flannel sheet takes over 5 hours and that is only one. The sheet rolls into a ball and I have to stop the machine and unravel the sheet so that it can continue to dry, Difficult to wash and dry sheets and have them back on your bed that evening. Unable to change “dry” setting, so most items feel damp on completion and require 2 cycles. Would not recommend this brand, this was a new machine and has not been used often, disappointing.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi LJS, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Worst dryer, extremely bad customer service

Got the dryer one and half years ago, had lots of water come out from bottom part where the water not supposed to be. I have to manually draw nearly a litre water out every day, otherwise the clothes won’t dry and water leaking everywhere on floor!!! Technician come had look three times, couldn’t fix it, offering replacement. Try to contact customer service, every time wait an hour to get through!!!! Then I was told the report hasn’t beeen sent through, they couldn’t do anything about it!!!! But the report was already sent couple days ago, then the lady named [name removed]’ said they have lots of report sent to them recently!!!! I said I couldn’t hear you clearly, she said you call back later, then said hung up!!!!! She is extremely rude!!!! It’s waste of my time!!!!! I won’t buy Electrolux product anymore!!!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Cindy, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks, MarinaStill haven’t got promised refund yet. Their customer care staff are very rude and reluctant to help. Please never buy this brand! Otherwise you definitely will regret!

Bad product from a "low quality" company

I bought this dryer on 8Dec2016. For past 2 years, more than 8 service calls including the entire machine sent back factory for repair twice & each repair required 2 weeks time (& no loan set provided). The failure is drying process longer than usual (>3hours as compared to 1h20m at the beginning). The root cause was just determined by development team (according to call center on 5Dec2018), that is due to dirty sensor. The call centre claimed this dirty sensor is not caused by customer (or usage) and it's an inner part problem.

Besides, this dryer will not guarantee 100% drying up. With its fuzzy sensor, it will end process automatically when sensor "think" no water detected. Hence, the drying process is always prolong over age. In worst case, I found serious water leakage in the heat compartment and then it alarmed me to claim warranty service.

Not guarantee 100% dry up, probably 25% (6-10pcs) laundry stuffs need to be hang up for moon dry. But, you can consider to run extra time but maybe need 1hour extra drying manually based on my experience. (The so called 'manual' is to run the drying process without fuzzy sensor and it may be harm your stuff in the event of 'over dry').

Thus, pls think carefully 100times before purchase this model or 'Electrolux' products.

Moreover, The service center 'Electrolux S.E.A Pte Ltd' has many bad reviews in Google search result (188 reviews on 5Dec2018) and their service is really bad bad bad. You would find The call center gives many assumption/promise/fake info. For example, they promised to give me the report that tells what went wrong for my dryer. After 6calls for period of 3 months, I never received it at all. For example, the call center said the onsite technician know well what went wrong and I should ask directly without the report request, in one of the call but actual is the onsite technician said he doesn't know what went wrong.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi L. Teh, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your EDH3786GDW. We would like to discuss the concern you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with reference 725228 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks Rumana

Awesome product

This dryer works perfectly! I was a bit hesitant because of all the negative reviews but I went ahead because I’ve previously owned an Electrolux condenser dryer and was very happy with it. Like every appliance, it helps to read the instructions before usage. Page 11 section 8.2 is where you can change the level of moisture/dryness in the clothing. It seems that all of the people that left negative reviews complaining that their clothes weren’t dry after two hours, hadn’t read the instruction manual prior to use. Overall I’m a very happy customer of this product and of appliances online who delivered, installed and removed my old dryer. They were a great company to deal with and I’ll be using them again in future.

Buy something else

Bought this dryer 2 weeks ago. Despite changing the dry settings (which you will find on page 11 of your instruction booklet) I am unhappy with the performance of this dryer. It simply does not make clothes fully dry. They remain "damp" to the touch even after using the driest setting for the longest time. Thankfully the store I bought it from is allowing me to return the dryer and buy something different. A lemon ...and a very expensive one!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Worst machine I have purchased

Purchased a year ago and not happy sheets roll up into a tight ball and don't dry continually opening the machine and unwinding sheet. It takes hours for a load to dry sometimes up to 5 to 6 hours and clothes still damp. I have called the customer service area in relation to issues was advised to change the settings however has made no difference was also told they could send a tech out but if they found no issue with the machine I would be charged so found the customer service unacceptable and will most likely never buy a electrolux product again soley due to the service I received.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Lee, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Does what it should

We were very hesitant in purchasing a dryer, as the first cheaper dryer was not great at all and died twice (once resurrected) :) We purchased this heat pump dryer in combination with a Eletrcolux washing machine at HN and it hasn't missed a beat so far. The machine gets used in a home of four extensively on the weekend and does exactly what it should do.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Love it

Haven't owned a dryer for about four years and this winter, we had enough of trying to line dry. We could have brought a budget unit, but then would have had to plumb the extractor in. So we brought this, and think its the bees knees. We still line dry, but chuck the washing in at the end of the day to finish it off. It does a great job and seems easy on the power. Highly recommended.

A bit slow drying time

Purchased at the good guys couple months ago
The salesperson was nice enough to give 10% off from the rrp price
It dries the clothes a bit slower than our old one but 30 min plus is not the end if the world
We enjoy it so much and will buy another electrolux product

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Okay but nowhere near great,

You would think that given we are in 2018 appliances would be so far developed there should be no flaws.
Not the case with this Electrolux dryer.....
Major flaw is the sheets roll into balls and don’t dry.
Drying time is 3 x longer than conventional dryer (although good not to have damp air in the house)
Not recommended to interrupt mid drying - a real pain
Would I recommend Electrolux products or buy again ...... def not!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Good Morning Grant, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the EDH3786GDW. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana with Ticket number 478145. Thanks, Rumana

Second drier and still leaks water and doesn’t dry!

We had to have the drier replaced 4 weeks ago because it stopped every 10-30 mins and was leaking water. The pump had broken after 5 months of use.
Now we have another machine and it takes 5-6 hours to dry a load. Sheets never get dry no matter what setting you use. Have tried adjusting the settings and it does nothing. Leaks water out the bottom. The display gets all foggy. The laundry is all humid which is not normal for a heat pump drier! Harvey Norman plumbed it in for us so should be done right! This is the absolute worst appliance I have ever purchased. DO NOT BUY this! You will regret it!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

So far so good!

Purchased this a week ago despite the mixed reviews. I immediately changed the settings to Maximum Dry as per page 11 of the manual, and as suggested by another reviewer. The programs are varied enough and the clothes dry well. What more can I say? It does the job. The poor reviews this received are either hasty or misguided. I got a good deal on this product and I'm quite satisfied with its performance. Definitely a decent buy if you have a European/closet laundry, especially if you can't fork out the money for a heat pump alternative.

Crap machine

Yes mine is also draining in the bottom. I've had it replaced once, fixed under warranty, and now still problems. Terrible terrible piece of crap. It never worked properly even with changing the conductivity settings. I need a complete refund. Don't ever buy this machine, you are wasting your money

Date PurchasedApr 2015

It pays to check the settings before rubbishing this dryer

The manual wasn’t all that intuitive. Initial cycles ran for 2-3 hours and items especially winter sheets still slightly damp. Went searching for reviews and it looked like there was only bad reports. Thinking we bought a lemon. However, continued searching reviews and found someone who pointed out that the settings needed to be changed from the standard settings. So go to page 11 of the manual under 8.2 Adjustment of the remaining laundry moisture degree. Follow the instructions to change the setting to CO 1 dash.
Problem solved! It’s not a lemon! Cycle is much shorter and laundry is perfectly dry. If you’ve lost the manual it can be found on the internet.
Postscript
I thought I would include the instructions to save searching the net.
So for anyone having drying issues with this dryer, try changing that setting first. (press on, wait 8 seconds, press buttons A and B at the same time - which were the "time" and "delay" buttons on my model, press the E button to cycle through the three options - which was the start/pause button on my model, then hold A and B buttons for about 2 seconds to save the setting. I changed mine from the default CO 3 dash to CO 1 dash and now my dryer actually dries.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

EXPENSIVE RUBBISH - DOESN’T WORK

Purchased washer and dryer from Harvey Norman for my new home October 2017. Was keen to have low electricity running costs as I’m a pensioner. The dryer is simply dreadful. It’s takes hours and hours to dry anything and even then I need to air dry for a while longer. Very disappointing and difficult as I have no outdoor access from my laundry. I’ll never buy from Electrolux or Harvey Norman again. The salesperson highly recommend the dryer for my delicate clothes ... especially silk and the low cost running. It takes 90 minutes to dry one silk blouse.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Delsie, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear your EDH3786GDW dryer is taking longer than normal to dry. Would you mind Private Messaging me your number and I'll give you a call to discuss and assist you with this? Thank you. Kind regards, Zaida.

Definitely not an upgrade from my old, cheap, broken dryer

This is single handedly the worst appliance I have ever purchased. I was told that a key advantage of this product was that the machine oscillates both ways, so things such as sheets do not get twisted. This doesn’t happen. I was told that it is an energy efficient product - when it takes over 7 hours to dry a single (small) load of washing (and even then it is still damp) it isn’t. The dryer can’t even dry a load of only one singlet and 8 pairs of underwear in not one but two cycles of 50 minutes. Don’t waste your money on this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The Worst Dryer Ever

A total waste of money. I thought I was upgrading but I was better of with my old dryer that was half the price. It takes over 6 hours to dry a small load of towels and they are still damp. I put a load in the dryer at night, assuming that they will be dry in the morning but they end up damp and musty. IT IS THE WORST APPLIANCE I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. The Good Guys recommended this appliance....I won't be purchasing from them again either.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Hi, is it normal for water to be in the condenser cabinet when i open it there is always water in there?

We purchased this dryer along with a washing machine three weeks ago for our European laundry in our new apartment. I have searched multiple times for information on why we are not collecting any water in the water tank. Instead we have condensation developing around the function knob and along the outside of the water tank. I changed the drying level as per the instructions and this has cleared up some of the condensation, however there is still no water in the tank. There is also no information about how to attach the clear hose that came with the dryer. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. The lack of information available is quite frustrating.

Hey We have had this dryer for almost 2 years and of late the clothes have been coming out of the dyree with a musty / dusty smell. We've cleaned the bottom section and always empty water and lint. Any suggestions?
Hi Carly, I didn't come across anything like that with my dryer, don't know if it had anything to do with leaving the door ajar after any use ( I do the same thing with my front loader) so it has a chance to dry out. As your cleaning after use and there is no water sitting in the in the bottom I would contact your authorised repairer if it is still under warranty, maybe the condenser needs to have a deep clean, as it works on a similar principal as an airconditioner. Sorry for not being able to help, I know how frustrating it can be.

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $2,019
Capacity8 kg
Energy Rating6 star(s)
Energy Consumption184 kWh per year
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Delicates Setting, Lint Filter and Reverse Tumbling
Door Hinge Left