Electrolux EDH3786GDW

Electrolux EDH3786GDW

MPN: EDH3786GDW

Absolutely terrible product!

We were recently pitched this dryer by a team member at Harvey Norman and stupidly purchased it thinking it would save us time! The clothes never come out dry and when you try to put on another cycle to dry the clothes it stops after 2 minutes. We have a new baby and this machine is totally impractical for washing and drying on a daily basis. Do not buy this! So disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

This failed twice within the last 3 years and now requires to pay 250+ to replace the failed motor. It's a pain!

EDH3497RDW is a poor quality product. Do not buy this. It failed twice over the past 3 years amidst that use it only once a month in average. Definitely don't recommend buying this expensive unit.

Purchased in December 2016 for $1,400.00.

Noise Level

should have read reviews before buying

I bought this to use in the wet season but it’s useless. When putting in a coverlet and choosing the duvet setting it stops after 4 minutes and is all bunched up! Really regret buying this machines. Even after hours loads aren’t dry. Shouldn’t have trusted the brand and should have done research.

Purchased in July 2019.

Customer

Customer

Faulty electrolux condenser dryer

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

SrahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointing dryer for the money

I use this dryer as a backup for winter drying emergencies. I have had the dryer around 2 years. It is a really underwhelming dryer, leaks air through the seal of the door. The "child lock" does not work at all - children can simply open the door. The dryer itself eventually dries clothes but only after two or three goes of the cycle. It barely seems to warm up. This might be a faulty dryer or just a really poor design.

Srah

Hi Julie, thanks, I will get in touch tomorrow.

Adam S.

Adam S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Constant break downs and poor after care service

Bought despite poor reviews as it was the only condenser dryer that would fit into our laundry at the time. It broke down within 6 months with water pooling at the bottom and after getting repaired broke down in another 6 months for the same reason. In addition, after sales service has been poor - Electrolux are really inflexible on the days they're willing to service as well so unless i take leave I can't get anyone to look at it.

Purchased in July 2017 at David Jones Online Store for $1,299.00.

Paul

PaulMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Pathetic

Do not buy this dryer, it takes 6+ hours to dry 8 towels. It has quite few settings on the machine, but the extra dry cycle won't dry a normal load under 6 hours. If you have a family and want to do a few loads in a day then don't even think about this dryer.
The salesman will give you the pitch about these dryers having no condensation, they're a heat pump dryer and you need to expect the clothes to come out slightly damp, as this is normal. You will be very disappointed when the dryer stops and your clothes are still wet after 3 hours.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,450.00.

Dean

DeanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Big mistake

I bought this machine to wash linen at a holiday rental. Completely impractical as it takes so long to dry a load. I can’t dry a set of sheets in a reasonable time. I just had a set on for approx. 5 hours and it’s now hanging in front of the heater as it still came out wet in places. It’s not broken, it has just never worked as I hoped.

Purchased in June 2017.

Hopeless

Worst dryer I have ever owned. Takes forever. Clothes always end up in a damp ball. I have to untangle them and put them back in for another cycle. And they still feel damp and they smell when they eventually dry from spending so long in the dryer bunched up into a ball. Water leaks from under the door. On my way to the dump with it.

Very poor dryer performance

To dry a flannel sheet takes over 5 hours and that is only one. The sheet rolls into a ball and I have to stop the machine and unravel the sheet so that it can continue to dry, Difficult to wash and dry sheets and have them back on your bed that evening. Unable to change “dry” setting, so most items feel damp on completion and require 2 cycles. Would not recommend this brand, this was a new machine and has not been used often, disappointing.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Lei chenLaunceston

Worst dryer, extremely bad customer service

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Lei chen

Still haven’t got promised refund yet. Their customer care staff are very rude and reluctant to help. Please never buy this brand! Otherwise you definitely will regret!

L.Teh

L.TehSingapore

Bad product from a "low quality" company

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Bernie

BernieWULGULMERANG

Awesome product

This dryer works perfectly! I was a bit hesitant because of all the negative reviews but I went ahead because I’ve previously owned an Electrolux condenser dryer and was very happy with it. Like every appliance, it helps to read the instructions before usage. Page 11 section 8.2 is where you can change the level of moisture/dryness in the clothing. It seems that all of the people that left negative reviews complaining that their clothes weren’t dry after two hours, hadn’t read the instruction manual prior to use. Overall I’m a very happy customer of this product and of appliances online who delivered, installed and removed my old dryer. They were a great company to deal with and I’ll be using them again in future.

Elsie

ElsiePerth

Buy something else

Bought this dryer 2 weeks ago. Despite changing the dry settings (which you will find on page 11 of your instruction booklet) I am unhappy with the performance of this dryer. It simply does not make clothes fully dry. They remain "damp" to the touch even after using the driest setting for the longest time. Thankfully the store I bought it from is allowing me to return the dryer and buy something different. A lemon ...and a very expensive one!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Lee

LeeBallarat

Worst machine I have purchased

Purchased a year ago and not happy sheets roll up into a tight ball and don't dry continually opening the machine and unwinding sheet. It takes hours for a load to dry sometimes up to 5 to 6 hours and clothes still damp. I have called the customer service area in relation to issues was advised to change the settings however has made no difference was also told they could send a tech out but if they found no issue with the machine I would be charged so found the customer service unacceptable and will most likely never buy a electrolux product again soley due to the service I received.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fred

FredMelbourne

Does what it should

We were very hesitant in purchasing a dryer, as the first cheaper dryer was not great at all and died twice (once resurrected) :) We purchased this heat pump dryer in combination with a Eletrcolux washing machine at HN and it hasn't missed a beat so far. The machine gets used in a home of four extensively on the weekend and does exactly what it should do.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dave

DaveChristchurch

Love it

Haven't owned a dryer for about four years and this winter, we had enough of trying to line dry. We could have brought a budget unit, but then would have had to plumb the extractor in. So we brought this, and think its the bees knees. We still line dry, but chuck the washing in at the end of the day to finish it off. It does a great job and seems easy on the power. Highly recommended.

Attila

AttilaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A bit slow drying time

Purchased at the good guys couple months ago
The salesperson was nice enough to give 10% off from the rrp price
It dries the clothes a bit slower than our old one but 30 min plus is not the end if the world
We enjoy it so much and will buy another electrolux product

Grant

GrantGlasshouse Mountains

Okay but nowhere near great,

You would think that given we are in 2018 appliances would be so far developed there should be no flaws.
Not the case with this Electrolux dryer.....
Major flaw is the sheets roll into balls and don’t dry.
Drying time is 3 x longer than conventional dryer (although good not to have damp air in the house)
Not recommended to interrupt mid drying - a real pain
Would I recommend Electrolux products or buy again ...... def not!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Louise

LouiseAuckland

Second drier and still leaks water and doesn’t dry!

We had to have the drier replaced 4 weeks ago because it stopped every 10-30 mins and was leaking water. The pump had broken after 5 months of use.
Now we have another machine and it takes 5-6 hours to dry a load. Sheets never get dry no matter what setting you use. Have tried adjusting the settings and it does nothing. Leaks water out the bottom. The display gets all foggy. The laundry is all humid which is not normal for a heat pump drier! Harvey Norman plumbed it in for us so should be done right! This is the absolute worst appliance I have ever purchased. DO NOT BUY this! You will regret it!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017