Electrolux EDH3786GDW

Electrolux EDH3786GDW (page 2 of 3)

MPN: EDH3786GDW

Spat

SpatAuckland

Definitely not an upgrade from my old, cheap, broken dryer

This is single handedly the worst appliance I have ever purchased. I was told that a key advantage of this product was that the machine oscillates both ways, so things such as sheets do not get twisted. This doesn’t happen. I was told that it is an energy efficient product - when it takes over 7 hours to dry a single (small) load of washing (and even then it is still damp) it isn’t. The dryer can’t even dry a load of only one singlet and 8 pairs of underwear in not one but two cycles of 50 minutes. Don’t waste your money on this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Michelle

MichelleWillow Vale

The Worst Dryer Ever

A total waste of money. I thought I was upgrading but I was better of with my old dryer that was half the price. It takes over 6 hours to dry a small load of towels and they are still damp. I put a load in the dryer at night, assuming that they will be dry in the morning but they end up damp and musty. IT IS THE WORST APPLIANCE I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. The Good Guys recommended this appliance....I won't be purchasing from them again either.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
gdecapia

gdecapiaAU

I hate this machine

Loved it for first 3 months then it stopped drying things.
First issues were with bed sheets - rolled them up into a tight ball and even after numerous unrolling per load they were still damp and required hanging for an hour.
Then the clothes wouldn't dry AT ALL and I've since worked out that the water is draining into the bottom.
Electrolux definitely getting a call first thing in the morning.
My machine is not even a year old!!!

UPDATE:
So Samsung exchanged the product 2 months ago (street August 2018) hassle free with a refurbed machine. Warranty restarted from the date of install. Customer service perfect and new machine doing ok so far...

Kristina

KristinaSydney

The worst dryer we've ever had

This dryer is a absolutely terrible. This Electrolux dryer is absolutely a waste of money. Its faster to dry the clothes/bedding/towels etc on the washing line in the rain!

We've tried changing the settings according to the manual and other online reviews to change the laundry moisture level to see if this enhances the drying ability - it DOES NOT!! We've even tried reducing the load amount to encourage a faster dry. With only 10 babies' clothing items it still failed to dry the clothes in under 2.5 hours!! This is absolutely not acceptable. We thought we were upgrading from our cheaper Fischer Paykel condenser dryer but I would have much rather stayed with the older dryer as it would dry 10 towels in under an hour.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Genevieve

GenevieveAuckland

Absolute Lemon!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Francis

FrancisMelbourne

Stands the test of time

Clothes are protected, no signs of damage from drying once a week for 1.5 years now. Not too noisy and love the "intelligent" setting - will turn off once clothes are dry (perfect for summer months!) Energy efficient, definitely recommend though unit is a bit expensive, it should pay itself off

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Wee TH

Wee THSingapore

Disappointed

I was not expecting much - that the clothes be dr. But none if the settings seem to do it except cotton extra dry - which takes almost 3 hours. Still sometimes the clothes still end up damp. I don’t understand what the other settings for if this doesn’t do it already.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Tom

TomBrisbane

Does the job

I bought this product at work and the amount of clothes it dries are very promissing. However I recommend to use it only when its full or else save yourself some ekki.
The options pf driness also helps a lot. The water collected from the evaporation goes straight to my mop bucket for the bathroom floors.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mum of 3

Mum of 3Brisbane

Handy

Great little dryer. Can’t hold too many clothes at once as it doesn’t tend to dry them. Need to make sure clean kindy regularly as well. Have found little success with heavy doonas but it is great to put a few towels or a days worth of the family’s clothes

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Matt L

Matt LBrisbane

Doesnt Dry - no matter what you do

This dryer is nothing short of rubbish, it can take up to 5 hours to dry a small load of towels and no matter the settings you change - length, change from E1 to E3, etc, read the manual backwards, clean the filters, do small loads, it takes hours and still things are damp. I really wanted a dry laundry and spent the extra on this heat pump dryer, my laundry is dry and cool, but now my clothes are wet and musty - worst appliance purchase i have ever made

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Diogo

Diogo

Very good

This machine is perfect, I love it reconciles two things; she is beautiful, has a very attractive and impeccable, modern design. In addition, this machine can dry clothes in a very short time, and in our daily work and busy life this is very important. So I recommend this product

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Evan

EvanGoulburn

Take it back!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ken

KenPerth

A Dryer that doesn't dry, rolls large objects into a tight ball.

We have been using clothes dryers for some 45+ years, this would have to be the worst dryer we have ever had.
5 star energy efficient? when it takes up to 3 times as long to dry and you have to open it up several times to untangle the clothes.
We have had service call, we tried what was recommended, no change, we where told another way, still no change, we have another service call tomorrow and then it's back to the retailer for refund/replacement.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ButtyAuckland

A dryer that doesn’t dry!!

Bought a new Electrolux Dryer from Harvey Norman Mt Wellington from Sales Lady 24 Paris S, she told me it was amazing, and there was great back up, it does dry yes, well No it does not dry no heat at all brochures says be careful of heat, this is just appalling, I cannot get after hours help even on the first day and now I am reading all these terrible reviews in regards Harvey Norman and Electrolux not helping, please help, how can we go to work with wet clothes!! This is such a disgrace. Please if you will not support your customers please refund me and return my old Machines.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Butty

A dryer that doses'nt dry!

Had noticed that even when I put cloths on "extra" dry, they still come out damp. As per several other reviews. Rang the help desk who told me that I purchased not a "tumble" dryer, but a heat pump dryer. Apparently, damp clothes is the result? Also, apparently, I didn't ask the right questions when purchased. Does one HAVE to ask if a DRYER drys when purchasing a DRYER?

Date PurchasedSep 2016
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Would just like suggestions as to how to dry these clothes properly. There must be a "workaround" with this product. Also the sheets rolling up in a tight ball which really mucks up the drying cycle?

Deb

DebLaunceston

Dryer that doesnt dry

I am having the same problem as everyone else, the issue is that the clothes in my dryer is absolutely damp and can't dry them no matter what setting you put them on. I have just purchased this from Harvey Norman and I will be ringing them to come and get this. No matter what setting we have it on, it will not dry. Its a joke that your washing has to go for 4 hours and its still not dry? This product needs to be recalled. Terrible

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Saloni

SaloniMelbourne

Happy with the dryer!!

Really happy with this Electrolux heat pump dryer, has so many programs to suit different fabrics and drying needs. Clothes come out perfectly dry and crisp. It is energy efficient, so easy on your pocket and very easy to use. Easy to clean and install. Definitely worth the money you spend.

Waz

Waz

Dryer that doesn't dry

Date PurchasedJul 2017

PR VictoriaMajorca

No service support

Date PurchasedJul 2016
PR Victoria

Thank you for your quick response, I have sent an email hoping you can assist and nice to see Electrolux standing behind their products.

Sophie C

Sophie CBendigo

Good, quiet dryer! Buttons a bit temperamental

robyn

robynasked

Hi, is it normal for water to be in the condenser cabinet when i open it there is always water in there?

Jessica

Jessicaasked

We purchased this dryer along with a washing machine three weeks ago for our European laundry in our new apartment.
I have searched multiple times for information on why we are not collecting any water in the water tank. Instead we have condensation developing around the function knob and along the outside of the water tank. I changed the drying level as per the instructions and this has cleared up some of the condensation, however there is still no water in the tank. There is also no information about how to attach the clear hose that came with the dryer.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
The lack of information available is quite frustrating.

Carly

Carlyasked

Hey
We have had this dryer for almost 2 years and of late the clothes have been coming out of the dyree with a musty / dusty smell. We've cleaned the bottom section and always empty water and lint. Any suggestions?

PR Victoria

Hi Carly, I didn't come across anything like that with my dryer, don't know if it had anything to do with leaving the door ajar after any use ( I do the same thing with my front loader) so it has a chance to dry out. As your cleaning after use and there is no water sitting in the in the bottom I would contact your authorised repairer if it is still under warranty, maybe the condenser needs to have a deep clean, as it works on a similar principal as an airconditioner. Sorry for not being able to help, I know how frustrating it can be.

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $2,019
Capacity8 kg
Energy Rating6 star(s)
Energy Consumption184 kWh per year
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Delicates Setting, Lint Filter and Reverse Tumbling
Door Hinge Left