MPN: EDP2074PDW

Disappointed, clothes don't fully dry

Unable to get anything to actually dry. Finishing off line dried clothes and fully wet clothes from the washing machine are NOT drying. Tried all different settings. Brand new so not unclean or needing filters cleaned or emptied. How can it be economical if you have to run it 2 or 3 times longer?
Frustratingly annoying

Purchased in July 2019 at Fridge & Washer City Albany for $600.00.

So Dissapointed

No matter what setting I use & no matter the size of the load I can’t get the clothes to dry, everything is still damp. Lint filter is cleaned after every load & water emptied. What a waste of money. Electrolux has always been my “Go To” brand but think I will steer clear from now on. My cheap old dryer worked so much better.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

Noise Level
Hi Rachel, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks,

Electrolux bad quality dryer

I have bought this Electrolux dryer also and it was spoilt 2 times which only blowing cold air. After the first spoilt we have changed the belt and after few months used the same problem occurs again. Truly disappointing with Electrolux brand

Purchased in March 2015 at Harvey Norman.

Do not touch this dryer

We purchased this dryer about 3.5 years ago. We had it 1 week and stopped heating, error code E60. Has been going fine until now. Again has stopped heating and Error code E60 has come up again. I remember the service guy fixed it last time he said lucky its in warranty otherwise it would of been about $300-$400 to fix. I will not be spending that to have it fixed, but putting that towards a different brand. Not happy

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Dear Frank M, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing wiht your ED2074PDW dryer. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | Ticket 934978." Please include your full name and phone number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thank you in advance.

Doesn't work -- Waste of money

I bought this Condenser Dryer over 2 years ago and been regretting my decision ever since. It only worked a few times. It stops after a few minutes for no apparent reason and we have to constantly monitor it. I am fed up with this dryer and advise others to avoid buying it. Don't waste your hard earned money on this crap product.

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $795.00.

A waste money.

I purchased this unit just over 2 years ago and it has already broken down. It is average at best and I will be avoiding Electrolux all together for my next purchase.

Purchased in July 2016.

Noise Level
Hi Lorraine Denise from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your dryer We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with dryer If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise ticket 888858 Thanks Denise

OMG! What a waste!!!

This dryer is horrendous!!! I don't have enough time to tell you how terrible it is! Not one setting dries the clothes!! We use time drying and the maximum time is 2 hours. BUT!! Clothes are STILL practically dripping wet! It needs at LEAST 4 hours to dry clothes and that's with a small load. Extremely frustrating when you have 3 children under 3.5 including a newborn with terrible reflux = a lot of washing. And I can't even rely on this rubbish dryer! Very VERY disappointed Electrolux! Will not be purchasing any of your products again!!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Great condenser dryer

Dries clothing really well for a condenser dryer. We have had this purchased to minimise humidity and moisture in our place and it has worked amazingly well. Very good purchase. Clothing comes out super dry, the water is pumped straight out and into the laundry sink drain. A great dryer, would definitely recommend for people trying to minimise moisture in their house/flat or families with mould problems.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Horrendous machine

‘Dryer’ is a misnomer when it comes to this useless machine. I’d get dryer clothes in quicker time by hanging them on the line. And that’s on a rainy day.

None of the cycles detect when the clothes are dry so I used the ‘time drying’ feature. The longest you can program this for is 2 hours. The only problem is that there’s no chance of getting anything dry in that time. You need at least 4 - 5 hours to get a reasonably dry load. So if you have two loads of washing to get done you can’t put one on in the morning and come home to dry clothes or one on in the evening and wake up to dry clothes. You literally have to stay home all day or up all night to hit the re-set button.

At this stage it would be more economical for me to quit my job and stay home wringing out my clothes one by one until dry.

Buying this product to dry your clothes is like investing in a diamond encrusted abacus to solve your algebra problems. It’s pretty and it’s expensive but it’s also next-to-useless.

Do yourself a favour and buy a hills hoyst.

(Tried to post the above review to the Electrolux site, but it sadly didn’t meet their guidelines, which I suspect has something to do with the lack of stars I issued)

Date PurchasedMay 2018

This product is terrible, not worth to buy it

I bought this machine almost 4 years ago around $900, recently just find out there is a massive cracking inside the drum. I rang Electrolux, they asked me to pay extra $300 to fix the problem.
Just think about paying almost thousands bucks and you get a poor quality product.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Zero stars - Doesn't dry

Every single setting besides extra dry does not dry the clothes. Even on extra dry (the driest setting) more than half the time the close do not dry at all. It is very frustrating and a waste of time (and power) most of the time putting clothes in the dryer. Would not recommend

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Trent, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your EDP2074PDW. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

This is Great, so happy with my purchase

I have used dryers for some time now and my only major concern was how the was would sweat with condensation , and fluff off the clothes getting stuck on the walls ( really fine particles) so it was my dream when I found this dryer, absolutely no condensation, many settings, and does a great job. I would not change back for anything, yes I love my dryer.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Terrible buy

Can't get it to dry with heat. No matter what I do.
Have tried resetting it. On the highest dehumidfying setting.
Still no luck.
Have read the manual several times and am now scouring the internet for a solution.
Waste of money.
Don't bother buying this product, go buy something else.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great option

This dryer is great. Emits absolutely dry air which is great in terms of preventing mould, especially in a confined space with poor ventilation. Dries clothes perfectly within an hour, never more than two. It has a good feature which automatically spins the clothes periodically once they’re done to cut down on wrinkles. Have been using this dryer for 3 years now and had no issues at all.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Had machine for 3yrs came up with error code EHO of which Electrolux claims they have never heard of.The machine either switches off after a few mins or might doa load but the will not do the following load and an error message will come up with beeping.FIRST SERVICE call in one month for $150 .Previously had product replaced very disappointing!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Dangerous

My wife bought the cloths dryer as you do . one night we awoke too a fire my wife had placed my reflective work cloths in the dryer for the following days work however the timer on the dryer had broke and the dryer continued on high which super heated and burst into flames if my wife had not woke at 2am me and my family would had died as the dryer was in the garage which was an extension built on after the house was built with no access to the roof !! Pls consider seriously about this product cheap but super dangerous

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Brian Allen, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaI thought that people should be aware of the product its a shame however it did happen

Would like to have given it zero stars

The only reliable thing about this machine is that no matter what setting is selected, it stops after 5 minutes, deciding the job's done: no error messages, despite the fact that the clothes are obviously still wet. Contacted Elextrolux and they gave me the obvious trouble-shooting things to check, plus the not so obvious 'conductivity sensor adjustment' instructions. None of these fixed the problem. Electrolux was happy to send someone out for a service call, only I'll have to pay because this piece of scrap metal is out of warranty.

Electrolux, please read the reviews. Most of the one-stars tell a similar story. It's time to acknowledge your corporate responsibility, face the fact that you produced a lemon in this model, redeem your reputation and fix the problem for the disappointed customers. Until that happens, I doubt very much that any time soon I'll be buying another appliance with either the Electrolux brand or other brands owned by or associated with Electrolux, namely Simpson, Dishlex, Westinghouse and Kelvinator.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Paul, Zaida from Electrolux here. So sorry to hear of the poor experience you've received with your EDP2074PDW and would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida ref Paul EDP2074PDW. Please include your name and number, and I'll give you a call. Thanks, ZaidaElectrolux has redeemed itself somewhat with excellent follow-up from Zaida, who offered to contribute towards the costs associated a service call. Haven't taken up the offer as yet as the machine's working intermittently. I've worked out that if I put a large wet load in, it will complete the drying cycle, whereas a light load will most often result in the machine stopping after five minutes. I'm convinced it's a fault with the component that senses the degree of wetness of the load. I've decided to just put up with it and stack it with heavy loads only. It's a work-around I can live with.

The VERY best Dryer I’ve ever had

After having 3 cheap dryers I finally purchased this amazing Electrolux condenser dryer and I LOVE it! It’s super quiet no rattling the timer dry is great for smaller loads but this baby can take large loads with ease. It beeps when finished and is easily accessible to empty the water collected. The water is hot & I use it to mop the floors. This is a quality dryer so I’d recommend it be at the top of you list if you’re looking for quietness & performance from an established company

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Never dried clothes properly, returned for refund

I had the previous model to this one and it was awesome, dried everything perfectly, was low maintenance, a great dryer, so was confident in buying its replacement. What a disappointment! You'd think selecting "extra dry" would do just that, but everything was still damp. It didn't matter how much or how little went into it, it always stopped leaving the clothes damp. After a few months I had Electrolux issue a full refund as they had no answer.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Doesn't dry clothes

I've had this dryer for a couple of years now and have to say the clothes are never dry I have it on the extra dry setting and 9 times out of 10 the clothes are still damp when it is finished my old cheap dryer used to work much better probably too late for a warranty claim but have just lived with it I would not recommend if you want a set and forget dryer

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hi Aswold111, Catherine from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine ? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Catherine