Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552
Listing monitored by Electrolux

Tina J.
Tina J.

Good dryer

I put everyday clothes, work clothes and school clothes dryer is great but it's meant to have auto sensor feature but I have found it doesn't work beside that I am happy with it

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Tamasin
TamasinGoldfields, WA

This perfect and I cant live without it

Drying is even and time affective. Not bad on the enviroment and has minimal noise and it doesnt make the whole house damp whilst in operation even with doors windows closed

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Kay
Kay

This is a must during winter

This is great for the whole family. I used my baby's clothes, School Uniforms, office wear and all the other types of clothes. This has few options like extra dry, delicate etc. I love this so much easier during cold rainy days. Save a lot of time and energy especially when you are working and when you have kids. Almost 08 years no repairs. very easy to clean.Happy with the product.

Purchased in July 2014 at Pain Stop for $480.00.

Vented Clothes Dryers

Find out how Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 compares to other Vented Clothes Dryers

Michael
Michael

The perfect dry!

I'm really satisfied with my purchase of the Electrolux dryer. It takes care of my garments. My rating for ease of use and design are a 10 out of 10.

Purchased in July 2021.

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend

Love the choice of settings and size, auto sensor feature is a great money saver. It wasn't what I was going to purchase but I am very glad I did.

Purchased in May 2021 for $448.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Helena D.
Helena D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shocking. Doesn’t dry properly!!

I’ve tried all settings. My clothes are still damp at end of cycle. And they take ages to dry!! I was told that dryers are not made like they were years ago! I miss my old dryer!!

Purchased for $900.00.

Ruby Jayne
Ruby JaynePerth

Electrolux dryer 6.5Kg not satisfying : (

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $425.00.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Alan
Alanumina beach

Crap product

I have had this product for a few years now. It has taken me 5 hours to dry a load today. It continously stops. The lint filter is clean. It goes for about 5 mins and then I come back and check 30 mins later. So in the last 5 hours its only run for 50 mins. I dont have time to keep checking, but right now I have two more loads that needs drying. This is a 10 hour effort. If youve got nothing better to do than hang around and press the start button every five mnutes, this is for youy, otherwise find something else.

This is the second electrolux product ive been disapointed in. It will be the last. Well 5 minutes to write this, guess id better go down and press the start button again.

Purchased in January 2017 for $500.00.

@SHiK
@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its ok

Its a decent one, pay what you get, takes long time to dry up, also you need to iron after drying, makes bit noise also, its quite spacious, overall ok machine

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Colleen Brown
Colleen BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

I have put bedding and towels in the dryer. It performs well the settings are well designed the clothes are soft and dry. It handles delicates as well. I’m very happy with the dryer.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online.

lwylie7
lwylie7VIC, 3941

2 YEARS IN, THERE'S A PROBLEM

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $635.00.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Taleah Simpkins
Taleah SimpkinsNorthern Region, NSW

Amazing

I absolutely love this brand. Drys everything like you would want it to :). Im so glad I brought this product and I am really happy with the outcomes it provides

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $399.00.

BadBlock
BadBlockAdelaide

Dries fast and thorough

Dries fast, clothes being taken out dry and wrinkle-free (if the dryer is not overloaded). The lint filter is easy to clean. Being a vented type, this dryer requires a good ventilation, so I had a simple ceiling fan installed in the laundry for $300, and it does its job. A bit noisy, but I think that's how it is. Have had this dryer for 1.5 years now, all good so far.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $523.00.

Alayne C
Alayne CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great so far

We have had our Electrolux dryer for a month now and can’t fault it. We previously had an LG 4.5kg and it did the job but can definitely say this is better and seems to take less time to dry our clothes. My husband works in construction and comes home mid week in a rush to get his clothes done so he can head off again. Definitely taking him less time to dry everything which means more family time for us....

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $449.00.

R Sh
R ShSydney, NSW

Simple, Effective and easy to clean filter

This is the best dryer I have used by far as I did use a few different dryers over the last few years at rental units. The dryer is effective, simple to use and filter is designed really well and easy to clean. I recently bought this dryer for my own house and the 6.5 kg model and it love it. There is an option to switch the vents from front to rear and I got it vent extended to dispense the steam outside.

Purchased in June 2018 at Appliances Online for $477.00.

Garryasked
EDV6552 (6.5kg)

Can I mount a new Simpson dryer on the old Simpson wall mount brackets?

Amanda

Only if they are the right size to fit your dryer properly.

Garry

I really want to know if they have changed the standard sizing for the bracket

Angel
Angel

Why avoid contacting the company directly for an immediate answer?

Tony S
Tony Sasked
EDV5552 / EDV6552

I have an EDV5552 5.5kg Electrolux dryer.
We too have what seems to be a common fault, the dryer stops after only a few minutes with the lint filter light on, When you take out the lint filter to check it there is always next to nothing in there, clean it and replace it and you get a few minutes more.
We have put up with it since new (around three years) but it’s getting worse and running for less and less time.
I called Electrolux today who did not admit that there is a fault with this model, the lady at Electrolux said it only has a two year warranty and that we would be charged for a callout and any repairs!
Under the current consumer laws I am pretty sure that any product has to be good for a reasonable time commensurate with it’s original cost?
Our daughters friend had the same machine with the same issue, and when I google the model number it seems that this is quite common?
What do I have to do to get Electrolux to admit the fault is a known issue and just fix it?

S W.
S W.asked
EDV5552 / EDV6552

Hi, does anyone know how to reset the EDV5552 dryer? Thank you

See all Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 questions

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552

4.5
CategoryVented Clothes DryersVented Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $639.00$699.00
Capacity5.5 kg6.5 kg
Energy Rating2 star(s)2 star(s)
Energy Consumption247 kWh per year292 kWh per year
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Delicates Setting, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Wall MountableAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Delicates Setting, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Wall Mountable
Door Hinge LeftLeft
Dimensions 795 x 600 x 600 mm795 x 600 x 620 mm
Drying Programs 8
Temperature Settings 3
Venting TypeFront VentingFront Venting
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite