Electrolux EDV5552 (5.5kg)

MPN: EDV5552

4.3

Marcus

MarcusSydney, NSW

If you are looking for a No Frills Dryer that is Reliable & Does the job, then this is hard to beat.

Purchased in March 2018 at Appliances Online for A$400.00.

Noise Level
Zstorm

ZstormNorth Queensland, QLD

Crisp and Fresh!

I’m in love with this dryer! Drys everything quickly and efficiently and leaves no crinkles! I’m busy and don’t always have time to iron the the iron setting is perfect for when I need to get the creases out!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$387.00.

Noise Level
Hilarys_Dad

Hilarys_Dad

Very good but perhaps a bit short on options

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Sam L

Sam L

Works well. Auto sensor could be better

Just got it for about 2 months now. It works well. Not so noisy. But don't expect a perfect auto sensor from this machine. Sometimes the clothes already dry and hot but it still running. Sometimes the dryer already stop but some folded part of the clothes or linens still slightly wet.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Kellie

Kellie

Amazing!

I absolutely love this dryer! It is the absolute best! It is really quick, it dries clothes really well, and evenly, it seems very gentle on our products I have not had any problems with bringing out faulty clothes, I really can’t fault the dryer at all. If I could give it a higher rating I would!
I always dry my towels in it to make them really fluffy and it always brings them out really lovely!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hayley

HayleyMENDOORAN

Great dryer

Great dryer, in the heat cycle does not seem to squeeze or shrink clothes, super quiet, dry quickly. The lint filter is located in the front of the machine for easy emptying. Ultra-Large capacity. The dryer is also suitable for winter and rainy day use. Very good work, but also very energy-efficient.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Ann

AnnMelbourne

Does the job

We have purchased this clothes dryer to replace our old one. Got it from the Good Guys where they were lenient on the price which was great. Overall, it does the job but even with the load only half full it’ll leave some clothes damp so just keep an eye on thick materials etc.

Tata

Tata

Good dryer, low energy rating

The dryer is quite efficient clothes come out dry and soft. Relatively quite for a dryer. Comes with a sticker so you can turn the dryer upside down and hang on the wall but still a little hard to read as some buttons are still reveresed. Unfortunately it has a low energy efficency which is sad but normal for dryers

Ruchi Sharma

Ruchi SharmaMelbourne

It made my life easy !!!

Decided to get this few months before . Was so annoyed spreading clothes all over inside home and turning them on intervals as the weather was all the time horrible . Got this dryer and blv me life has become so easy . No more laundry stuff around . Although haven’t yet paid my energy bill . Keeping my fingers crossed

Date PurchasedJun 2018

rockyred56

rockyred56

So good I bought another one for a family member as a gift.

The Anti-Crease function is great! Drying times can be determined either by a preset period or by sensor - either way I am usually away from the laundry. By setting the anti-crease function I don't return to find a load languishing in the dryer and having to restart the machine to try to remove any wrinkles.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

DalmaMelbourne

Great little dryer

We have swapped from a Fisher&Paykel dryer to this one a couple months ago and I don’t regret it. It seems bit more energy efficient and less noisy. My only issue is that I don’t like to use the ‘boost’ option as much because I’m scared that my clothes will shrink so when it’s set on lower temperature it takes a LOT longer to dry my clothes.

Mel

MelBallarat

Great Product

Just got this a few weeks ago and so far it has been great. Dry's quickly and quietly, the sensor really helps cut down the drying time aswell making it slightly less expensive to run.

The only problem i find is using drysheets is hit and miss as they can get sucked down the lint trap and block it, thankfully when this happens the dry will pause itself and alert you that the vent is clogged.
Woolen dry balls do really well however.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Carol

CarolMoorabbin

Fantastic dryer particularly for the money

I particularly like the reverse action of this dryer. It keeps your clothes from tangling and dries them thoroughly. It has all the features you need and the sensor seems to work well. Its definitely a good product for the money. I would recommend this dryer for those that don't want to spend too much.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Abhay

AbhayMelbourne

Perfect in it’s price

Great in its price, easy to use has too many options, on electricity billing it may cost extra to use but price to buy so good and economical can’t say no to this one. It’s not that hitech but as per maintenance no cost so far, does the job. Overall no issues
Worth to have if you don’t want to spend too much money on buying.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Niko

NikoSydney, NSW

Fast drying, without shrinking items. Dries crease free.

Does a top job of drying. The items come out virtually crease free.
Easy to operate: press play and away she goes.

Of course, I still use a clothesline to hang delicates and woollens.
This dryer does have a 2 star energy rating, so that might explain why my electricity bill has increased 75% for using this dryer 4 times a week.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bev J

Very happy with this machine

I like the features on this machine...the refresh option is great...takes creases out of clothes..saves ironing.It has an anticrease function as well. The controls are easy to use and the lint filter is easy to remove and clean . Overall this machine does everything I require of it and I am happy with the purchase

Phil

PhilMetford

Great efficient Dryer

This is a very good dryer with a great range of settings so there is always a suitable drying setting for any type of clothing, linen etc. The unit has a 5.5 kg capacity it takes a very big load of wet washing and dries well without damaging the clothes and making them wrinkled. The dryer is very quiet and the filter works great.
All up a very good unit.

Renee

Renee

Love it!

This machine dries clothes very well! Doesn’t shrink clothes as much as others I have tried before. Has a low heat setting which I love because it doesn’t make the laundry hot (I don’t have air conditioning so this is amazing!)
Also has a delay setting which is very handy!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Marc

MarcIllawarra, NSW

A great dryer that doesn't break the bank

Ketha

Ketha

Small and efficient

it does the job well and fit well in the laundry. However, the instructions in the user manual is not very clear. The control buttons also bit confusing. If the guides and buttons are arranged well, then the user experience would be much better. I hope they'll improve this in the near future.

Date PurchasedOct 2017