MPN: EDV6552

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.4

Ruby Jayne

Ruby JaynePerth

Electrolux dryer 6.5Kg not satisfying : (

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $425.00.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its ok

Its a decent one, pay what you get, takes long time to dry up, also you need to iron after drying, makes bit noise also, its quite spacious, overall ok machine

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Colleen Brown

Colleen BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

I have put bedding and towels in the dryer. It performs well the settings are well designed the clothes are soft and dry. It handles delicates as well. I’m very happy with the dryer.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online.

lwylie7

lwylie7VIC, 3941

2 YEARS IN, THERE'S A PROBLEM

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $635.00.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Taleah Simpkins

Taleah SimpkinsNorthern Region, NSW

Amazing

I absolutely love this brand. Drys everything like you would want it to :). Im so glad I brought this product and I am really happy with the outcomes it provides

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $399.00.

BadBlockAdelaide

Dries fast and thorough

Dries fast, clothes being taken out dry and wrinkle-free (if the dryer is not overloaded). The lint filter is easy to clean. Being a vented type, this dryer requires a good ventilation, so I had a simple ceiling fan installed in the laundry for $300, and it does its job. A bit noisy, but I think that's how it is. Have had this dryer for 1.5 years now, all good so far.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $523.00.

Alayne C

Alayne CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great so far

We have had our Electrolux dryer for a month now and can’t fault it. We previously had an LG 4.5kg and it did the job but can definitely say this is better and seems to take less time to dry our clothes. My husband works in construction and comes home mid week in a rush to get his clothes done so he can head off again. Definitely taking him less time to dry everything which means more family time for us....

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $449.00.

R Sh

R ShSydney, NSW

Simple, Effective and easy to clean filter

This is the best dryer I have used by far as I did use a few different dryers over the last few years at rental units. The dryer is effective, simple to use and filter is designed really well and easy to clean. I recently bought this dryer for my own house and the 6.5 kg model and it love it. There is an option to switch the vents from front to rear and I got it vent extended to dispense the steam outside.

Purchased in June 2018 at Appliances Online for $477.00.

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent!

This drier hasn't disappointed us at all it dries our king doonas and sleeping bags no worries. It always does an even, proper job. It's easy to use and has some good features like the boost setting. It also has a child lock which is handy.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

muf69n

muf69nNewcastle, New South Wales

Fantastic product

This dryer works amazing - Its quiet, efficient for a dryer and the sensors work extremely well. Love it and couldn't live without it. Given the position to buy another dryer would definitely purchase this one again

Purchased in March 2018.

Bryan

BryanSydney, NSW

perfect dryer for your apartment

been looking for a decent dryer but not too expensive one to replace our 10 yr old broken dryer.
my friend had this one and recommended so bought one when it was on sale.
happy with the product. not loud and it does the job.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

pete

pete

very happy jan!

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Olive

OliveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great dryer. Perfect for a wet winter

I have actually dried all type of clothing in it

The best investment ever made. A quick dry. Very energy efficient. Worth every cent.

Would definitely recommended to every household. A A

Purchased in November 2014 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

motherb

motherbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Dryer

•What type of clothes do you usually put in the dryer?
Everyday casual clothes and uniforms, socks etc. Towels

•How satisfied are you with this product's features/controls and its performance when you apply different settings?
100% satisfied, no complaints

•How gently does your dryer handle your clothing, in particular, delicates?
I don't usually put delicates in it, instead I hang them on a rack in front of the outlet vent to dry while drying heavier items

Lint filter is easy to clean and at the end of the drying cycle, the machine alerts you to clean the filter. Only issue I have here is that the machine doesn't automatically shut off like my old one

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

ShenSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love it!!

I love this dryer! It’s small, compact and super convenient. So easy to use and so efficient.
I’ve used it on all types of clothes, just followed the correct temperature settings for each, turned it on, come back when it’s done and the clothes are dry and done. It’s also very easy to clean! Highly recommend this for small families. Perfect for rainy wet days when you have a backlog of washing

Date PurchasedMar 2018

LanzPeel, WA

Amazing Dryer

This Electrolux is the dryer to buy, had no interest in condenser or heat pump , just a good old fashioned simple dryer, you must duct it out though to work better
Put your whole load from washer into dryer and feels like it drys it all in about 1 hour.
love this dryer, the cute sound beeps when finished and keep reminding you which is a great function

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Leonie Edwards

Leonie EdwardsErowal Bay

Excellent basic clothes dryer

We have an air bnb and are constantly washing drying sheets etc.after reading reviews about dryers tangling sheets I did some research . This dryer tumbles in one direction for 60 seconds then stops reverses and tumbles in the other direction eliminating tangle prob. It vents into the room but have had no problem with moisture in room, open a window, easy to understand controls easy clean filter good instruction manual over half the price of heat pump dryers. Easy on fabric quiet good value for money

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Kate

KateTyalgum

Great job.

I purchased this dryer recently and it has been absolutely amazing! It is reasonably quite, clothes always come out fresh and without creases. We are a large family so large loads of mixed clothing and materials just get thrown in and it still works wonders. I have just used it on the autosense dry and the longest it has been on is just over an hour.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Chrissy

ChrissyVictoria, 3085

Wonderful functional dryer

Oh, how I love my dryer! I resisted upgrading until my previous Simpson dryer could only dry one towel at a time. Why did I wait? I'm so happy with this dryer. It has so many functions I didn't realise I needed. I can boost it on a cold day or keep it cool on a hot day. I can do small or large loads. Best of all I can do cotton business shirts and they come out not needing an iron!

Date PurchasedMay 2018