Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552

Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 (page 2 of 4)

EDV6552 (6.5kg), EDV5552 (5.5kg)

4.4

Kate

KateTyalgum

Great job.

I purchased this dryer recently and it has been absolutely amazing! It is reasonably quite, clothes always come out fresh and without creases. We are a large family so large loads of mixed clothing and materials just get thrown in and it still works wonders. I have just used it on the autosense dry and the longest it has been on is just over an hour.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Kellie

Kellie

Amazing!

I absolutely love this dryer! It is the absolute best! It is really quick, it dries clothes really well, and evenly, it seems very gentle on our products I have not had any problems with bringing out faulty clothes, I really can’t fault the dryer at all. If I could give it a higher rating I would!
I always dry my towels in it to make them really fluffy and it always brings them out really lovely!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hayley

HayleyMENDOORAN

Great dryer

Great dryer, in the heat cycle does not seem to squeeze or shrink clothes, super quiet, dry quickly. The lint filter is located in the front of the machine for easy emptying. Ultra-Large capacity. The dryer is also suitable for winter and rainy day use. Very good work, but also very energy-efficient.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Vented Clothes Dryers

Find out how Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 compares to other Vented Clothes Dryers

Chrissy

ChrissyVictoria, 3085

Wonderful functional dryer

Oh, how I love my dryer! I resisted upgrading until my previous Simpson dryer could only dry one towel at a time. Why did I wait? I'm so happy with this dryer. It has so many functions I didn't realise I needed. I can boost it on a cold day or keep it cool on a hot day. I can do small or large loads. Best of all I can do cotton business shirts and they come out not needing an iron!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Gaela Russell

Gaela RussellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent workhorse

Date PurchasedSep 2018
lala1995

lala1995Adelaide

Good dryer for the price

We needed a dryer for winter because it took too long to dry the clothes outside so we bought this. The good thing about this is that it can be installed upside down. Comes with upside sticker for the buttons. Dries well, 1 hour for medium load. 90 minutes for big loads.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Davood

Davood

Great

This dryer goes and goes, heavy and light loads no problem
Easy to clean filter
Doesn’t seem to crush or shrink clothes either even on a hot cycle
I brought this dryer about 5 years ago and never had any issues
The dryer also can fit my winter Doona in it and dries it well

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Sue

SueRowville

Super quiet!

Great dryer. Love the auto sensor and has heaps of other settings. Bought it from E & S Trading who also delivered it and set it up for me. Super quiet and dries very quickly. The lint filter is in the front of the machine making it easy to empty. Extra large capacity. Highly recommended!

Ann

AnnMelbourne

Does the job

We have purchased this clothes dryer to replace our old one. Got it from the Good Guys where they were lenient on the price which was great. Overall, it does the job but even with the load only half full it’ll leave some clothes damp so just keep an eye on thick materials etc.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Tata

Tata

Good dryer, low energy rating

The dryer is quite efficient clothes come out dry and soft. Relatively quite for a dryer. Comes with a sticker so you can turn the dryer upside down and hang on the wall but still a little hard to read as some buttons are still reveresed. Unfortunately it has a low energy efficency which is sad but normal for dryers

Date PurchasedApr 2018
@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent machine

Bought from Good guys Ebay. Great product, easy to use and dries up completely.
It has plenty of room, good thing, sensor indicates id there is dust.
Only issue its quite noisy and takes a fair bit of time to dry up.
Overall great machine, good brand, highly recommend to all.

Ruchi Sharma

Ruchi SharmaMelbourne

It made my life easy !!!

Decided to get this few months before . Was so annoyed spreading clothes all over inside home and turning them on intervals as the weather was all the time horrible . Got this dryer and blv me life has become so easy . No more laundry stuff around . Although haven’t yet paid my energy bill . Keeping my fingers crossed

rockyred56

rockyred56

So good I bought another one for a family member as a gift.

The Anti-Crease function is great! Drying times can be determined either by a preset period or by sensor - either way I am usually away from the laundry. By setting the anti-crease function I don't return to find a load languishing in the dryer and having to restart the machine to try to remove any wrinkles.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Dalma

DalmaMelbourne

Great little dryer

We have swapped from a Fisher&Paykel dryer to this one a couple months ago and I don’t regret it. It seems bit more energy efficient and less noisy. My only issue is that I don’t like to use the ‘boost’ option as much because I’m scared that my clothes will shrink so when it’s set on lower temperature it takes a LOT longer to dry my clothes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mel

MelBallarat

Great Product

Just got this a few weeks ago and so far it has been great. Dry's quickly and quietly, the sensor really helps cut down the drying time aswell making it slightly less expensive to run.

The only problem i find is using drysheets is hit and miss as they can get sucked down the lint trap and block it, thankfully when this happens the dry will pause itself and alert you that the vent is clogged.
Woolen dry balls do really well however.

Leish

LeishRockhampton

Perfect

Just purchased this last week. So happy with my purchase. I purchased the stacking kit with my dryer as I have an Electrolux washing machine. This kit was easy to assemble and he dryer fits snug as a bug. Dries clothes efficiently provided that you have your setting ms right. Have read a lot of reviews of this dryer not drying properly but I have had no trouble yet.

Carol

CarolMoorabbin

Fantastic dryer particularly for the money

I particularly like the reverse action of this dryer. It keeps your clothes from tangling and dries them thoroughly. It has all the features you need and the sensor seems to work well. Its definitely a good product for the money. I would recommend this dryer for those that don't want to spend too much.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tahlia

TahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

This is a very quite dryer for such a big machine. We struggle to usually dry our blankets for a queen bed, but this dryer easily fits it in. Has easily read controls and easy to clean filter vent which is amazing. We use our dryer on a daily basis and it barely impacted our bill at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jackie

JackieCastlemaine

King Sheets don't Ball

Abhay

AbhayMelbourne

Perfect in it’s price

Great in its price, easy to use has too many options, on electricity billing it may cost extra to use but price to buy so good and economical can’t say no to this one. It’s not that hitech but as per maintenance no cost so far, does the job. Overall no issues
Worth to have if you don’t want to spend too much money on buying.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
See all Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 reviews

Jennifer O.

Jennifer O.asked

EDV5552 / EDV6552

Where can I purchase this dryer

Toni B.

Toni B.asked

EDV5552 / EDV6552

I have the EDV6552, the power button works, the lights are all on so I know there is power to it, but all the push button controls for temp, time, start/stop etc do not work at all. The weird thing is, when I want to enable the child lock or anti-crease, the two buttons that I have to hold down to enable the functions, do work, but only to enable these two functions. Please advise?

BadBlock

I suggest that you call for a repair technician to take a look. They may need to replace the main PCB, or something like that. It is unlikely that it's something that you can fix yourself.

Victor

Victorasked

EDV6552 (6.5kg)

The cotton-like substance inside the filter is called the lint. Is this meant to be removed and disposed off or left to be part of the plastic holder ?

BadBlock

Victor, you're meant to empty the filter (remove and dispose of the lint) after each cycle.

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives