Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552

Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 (page 2 of 5)

EDV6552 (6.5kg), EDV5552 (5.5kg)

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Leonie Edwards

Leonie EdwardsErowal Bay

Excellent basic clothes dryer

We have an air bnb and are constantly washing drying sheets etc.after reading reviews about dryers tangling sheets I did some research . This dryer tumbles in one direction for 60 seconds then stops reverses and tumbles in the other direction eliminating tangle prob. It vents into the room but have had no problem with moisture in room, open a window, easy to understand controls easy clean filter good instruction manual over half the price of heat pump dryers. Easy on fabric quiet good value for money

Sam L

Sam L

Works well. Auto sensor could be better

Just got it for about 2 months now. It works well. Not so noisy. But don't expect a perfect auto sensor from this machine. Sometimes the clothes already dry and hot but it still running. Sometimes the dryer already stop but some folded part of the clothes or linens still slightly wet.

Kate

KateTyalgum

Great job.

I purchased this dryer recently and it has been absolutely amazing! It is reasonably quite, clothes always come out fresh and without creases. We are a large family so large loads of mixed clothing and materials just get thrown in and it still works wonders. I have just used it on the autosense dry and the longest it has been on is just over an hour.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Vented Clothes Dryers

Find out how Electrolux EDV5552 / EDV6552 compares to other Vented Clothes Dryers

Kellie

Kellie

Amazing!

I absolutely love this dryer! It is the absolute best! It is really quick, it dries clothes really well, and evenly, it seems very gentle on our products I have not had any problems with bringing out faulty clothes, I really can’t fault the dryer at all. If I could give it a higher rating I would!
I always dry my towels in it to make them really fluffy and it always brings them out really lovely!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Hayley

HayleyMENDOORAN

Great dryer

Great dryer, in the heat cycle does not seem to squeeze or shrink clothes, super quiet, dry quickly. The lint filter is located in the front of the machine for easy emptying. Ultra-Large capacity. The dryer is also suitable for winter and rainy day use. Very good work, but also very energy-efficient.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Chrissy

ChrissyVictoria, 3085

Wonderful functional dryer

Oh, how I love my dryer! I resisted upgrading until my previous Simpson dryer could only dry one towel at a time. Why did I wait? I'm so happy with this dryer. It has so many functions I didn't realise I needed. I can boost it on a cold day or keep it cool on a hot day. I can do small or large loads. Best of all I can do cotton business shirts and they come out not needing an iron!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Gaela and Russell

Gaela and RussellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent workhorse

lala1995

lala1995Adelaide

Good dryer for the price

We needed a dryer for winter because it took too long to dry the clothes outside so we bought this. The good thing about this is that it can be installed upside down. Comes with upside sticker for the buttons. Dries well, 1 hour for medium load. 90 minutes for big loads.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Davood

Davood

Great

This dryer goes and goes, heavy and light loads no problem
Easy to clean filter
Doesn’t seem to crush or shrink clothes either even on a hot cycle
I brought this dryer about 5 years ago and never had any issues
The dryer also can fit my winter Doona in it and dries it well

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Sue

SueRowville

Super quiet!

Great dryer. Love the auto sensor and has heaps of other settings. Bought it from E & S Trading who also delivered it and set it up for me. Super quiet and dries very quickly. The lint filter is in the front of the machine making it easy to empty. Extra large capacity. Highly recommended!

Ann

AnnMelbourne

Does the job

We have purchased this clothes dryer to replace our old one. Got it from the Good Guys where they were lenient on the price which was great. Overall, it does the job but even with the load only half full it’ll leave some clothes damp so just keep an eye on thick materials etc.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Tata

Tata

Good dryer, low energy rating

The dryer is quite efficient clothes come out dry and soft. Relatively quite for a dryer. Comes with a sticker so you can turn the dryer upside down and hang on the wall but still a little hard to read as some buttons are still reveresed. Unfortunately it has a low energy efficency which is sad but normal for dryers

Date PurchasedApr 2018
@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent machine

Bought from Good guys Ebay. Great product, easy to use and dries up completely.
It has plenty of room, good thing, sensor indicates id there is dust.
Only issue its quite noisy and takes a fair bit of time to dry up.
Overall great machine, good brand, highly recommend to all.

Ruchi Sharma

Ruchi SharmaMelbourne

It made my life easy !!!

Decided to get this few months before . Was so annoyed spreading clothes all over inside home and turning them on intervals as the weather was all the time horrible . Got this dryer and blv me life has become so easy . No more laundry stuff around . Although haven’t yet paid my energy bill . Keeping my fingers crossed

rockyred56

rockyred56

So good I bought another one for a family member as a gift.

The Anti-Crease function is great! Drying times can be determined either by a preset period or by sensor - either way I am usually away from the laundry. By setting the anti-crease function I don't return to find a load languishing in the dryer and having to restart the machine to try to remove any wrinkles.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Dalma

DalmaMelbourne

Great little dryer

We have swapped from a Fisher&Paykel dryer to this one a couple months ago and I don’t regret it. It seems bit more energy efficient and less noisy. My only issue is that I don’t like to use the ‘boost’ option as much because I’m scared that my clothes will shrink so when it’s set on lower temperature it takes a LOT longer to dry my clothes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mel

MelBallarat

Great Product

Just got this a few weeks ago and so far it has been great. Dry's quickly and quietly, the sensor really helps cut down the drying time aswell making it slightly less expensive to run.

The only problem i find is using drysheets is hit and miss as they can get sucked down the lint trap and block it, thankfully when this happens the dry will pause itself and alert you that the vent is clogged.
Woolen dry balls do really well however.

Leish

LeishRockhampton

Perfect

Just purchased this last week. So happy with my purchase. I purchased the stacking kit with my dryer as I have an Electrolux washing machine. This kit was easy to assemble and he dryer fits snug as a bug. Dries clothes efficiently provided that you have your setting ms right. Have read a lot of reviews of this dryer not drying properly but I have had no trouble yet.

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic dryer particularly for the money

I particularly like the reverse action of this dryer. It keeps your clothes from tangling and dries them thoroughly. It has all the features you need and the sensor seems to work well. Its definitely a good product for the money. I would recommend this dryer for those that don't want to spend too much.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tahlia

TahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

This is a very quite dryer for such a big machine. We struggle to usually dry our blankets for a queen bed, but this dryer easily fits it in. Has easily read controls and easy to clean filter vent which is amazing. We use our dryer on a daily basis and it barely impacted our bill at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2017