Electrolux EWF12853 / EWF12753

Electrolux EWF12853 / EWF12753

EWF12753 (7.5kg) and EWF12853 (8.5kg)

The best workhorse in the country for Australian laundries.

Bought Electrolux brand top loader with confidence in reliability. Programs are easy to use. There are options to select for energy wise functions. The drum dimensions make easy removal of clothes.
The door is quite easy to close compared to my last machine.
The best feature is the wool cycle. No worries.
The energy cycle is gentle on work wear even with daily washing. Sheets and towels along with larger loads are not a problem for Electrolux as it has the grunt to perform efficiently.
Timing can be reduced to suit busy lifestyles.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Practical and great

Have been using the washing machine to do my regular laundries, most of which are made up of cotton. The process is efficient. Once the laundry powder is added and the Start button is pressed, I can go on and do my other tasks. The washing machine causes the least amount of damage to my clothes; due to its design, it's quite gentle on clothes during the washing process. I highly recommend it!

Noise Level

Attractive & Easy to use Front Loader.

We have had our machine for a year now; It does everything asked of it efficiently, and the programmes are sensible and easy to set. Main programmer is a large and clear rotating knob (as distinct from machines with screens and lots of button pushing). Other options of speed, temp, pre-wash, etc, are easy to set. Looks and feels like a quality unit, with large stainless bowl. If you research the brand, you will see it has good pedigree. Comments re the slime within the rubber bellows /door seal are partly true, but I don't see a way around it on any machine, because of it's function. It only takes a wipe every so often to clean it. I suggest that if it is leaving a stain on whites, it must be a very neglected machine. The powder / liquid / conditioner drawer is easy to use and well marked ( in plain English - not hieroglyphics). Only criticism is that the access to the pump drain is difficult and fiddly. Would definitely recommend this well-priced machine to a friend.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Fantastic washing machine for a family

When buying a family washing machine we search for water saving, size, affordable, easy to use and the ability to resolve children’s stains.This goes over and above.Highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Perfect machine

Always put my everyday clothes and delicate items in my machine, superior was cycle is gentle yet efficient and quiet, love the 18 cycle. Love the 69 min wash dry cycle, if not overloaded washes and dries perfectly, I'm very satisfied with my machine

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,059.00.

Excellent functions

I love all the functions that this washing machine have, especially the vapour refresh, keeps the cloth fresh without actually washing it! and there is also a short wash that only takes 18 minutes for peopl who have no patients like me

Only thing I don't like is every3-5 weeks you have to take water out.

Purchased in December 2018.

Noise Level

Severe on clothes and fabrics - destroys t-shirts - and towels abrasive like cement.

Purchased 15.4.19 Electrolux EWF 7524 7.5 k $806 2 year warranty. (Appliances Online - who are great)
This washing machine is SEVERE on clothes. My previous Electrolux EW880F 6.5 k washed clothes perfectly and beautifully. Electrolux have gone backwards in design and made something worse. All the previous model needed in improvement was a 7.5 kg capacity and the large door to update it.
The clothes come out of the machine absolutely screwed and scrunched and stretched and misshapen. (on only 600 rpm spin and 30°) My clothes are all going to be ruined within months!!! (The same clothes with the same detergent I used in my previous Electrolux that used to come out perfectly unharmed and soft.)
The new washer also makes the clothes hard and abrasive – like concrete!! The towels feel as though they could break skin – I wouldn’t use them on a child’s skin. (Did Electrolux designers not test the results of the wash? Wouldn't this be essential to knowing whether your product is better or worse than your last machine?)
I hate the feel of my clothes now – rough and coarse. I use the delicate wash for full loads of all clothes – it’s the only wash choice that minimises the severity of the wash (1.06 minutes) but it’s still tough on clothes and leaves them hard to touch.
The 'turn off beep' at end, option doesn’t work either. I contacted them about this. It is a 6 beep finish signal that goes off every 30 seconds – insane – especially when the buttons to stop it don’t work.
I do not recommend this washer. Which disappoints me cause I loved my previous Electrolux.
The good features are 7.5 k capacity. Large door. Full load wash only 1.15 minutes - longer option also. Good control panel with choices of temperature and spin level and wash duration. Very quiet on wash and spin and stable but it then has a VERY noisy drain - gurgling down the pipe for 5 minutes every drain so still a noisy machine. My last Electrolux didn't gurgle outrageously.
The good features are outweighed by the damage it does to clothes. Kinda pointless having a machine that destroys the clothes it's supposed to wash and that the designers have failed to know this.

Slimefest - ruins your whites

If you have white business shirts avoid this machine.

It has a rubber seal on the door that builds up moisture and never dries. After a week or two slime builds up and if you don’t get down on your hands and knees every month or so and forensically clean it then it will wreck your whites.

I’ve just pulled out four brand new shirts. All ruined because we forgot to do give it a forensic clean for a month or two.

When we contacted Electrolux they explained a detailed cleaning procedure and seemed to think this was perfectly acceptable... in 2019. Haven’t seen anything this involved on any big box appliance in 30 years. Feels like going back to the days of a twin tub.

Very fully featured on things you’ll never use but can’t get the basics right. If you’re in Adelaide and never need whites, let me know.

A good all-rounder

Bought this as an alternative to a crappy washer that was handed down. The machine has been consistently good and does what it says. Certain wash cycles seem a tad longer but no fuss. I was hoping to be done with lint clinging on to my clothes, however still see a fair bit of lint on the clothes, probably something to do with the clothes themselves I suppose.

Love it!!!

It has good features, good value. I had been using it for nearly a year. So far this is the best washing machine i ever had. Cant go wrong with it.

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

Noise Level

Great Washer and dryer in one

I have owned my machine for a week and every cycle works perfectly! If you stick to the weight of the load , no dramas for drying everything properly, the cycle times are a little long but it outweighs the way the clothes are cleaned ! Perfect

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $950.00.

so far so good

I bought Electrolux washing machine for my home. I will highly recommend Electrolux 9 kg washing machine to all my friends. It will be great for all family for all purpose.

Purchased in April 2018.

Great for small apartments

Highly recommend Electrolux EWF12753 7.5kg Front Load Washing Machine. Great for small apartments. My washing machine is in my bathroom, so a compact machine was a priority. When I was looking this was one of the smaller front loading machines, with a depth of 585mm. Looks great, stylish. Very use to use. Simple manual dial to select wash cycles. Good energy and water ratings. Uses cold water tap only. Very quiet. I like the quick 18 minute wash, vapour refresh (to steam items) and wool options. Good capacity at 7.5kg (able to wash a queen doona). Washes well. Very happy with my choice, no complaints. I purchased for $588 through Appliances online, who price matched, including fast delivery, installation and removal of old machine, great customer service (no waiting on hold for an operator), very impressed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $588.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson SDV Series

Ruins clothes

Washes OK, but snaggs synthetic clothes every now and then. Individual threads get pulled. We have had 5 shirts and one dress ruined by this machine. Recommend finding another brand

Noise Level

Shocking the door Broke and the displays got water and you can see anything on them.

I was for 4 people and my husbands work clothes . The wash cycles were great until the machine got water in display now it’s still works but is painful.
It still works but it is painful.

Purchased in February 2016 for $799.00.

Beware shreds clothes

After working well and being very happy with the machine after just 1.5 years the machine has started to shred and tear our clothes. This has happened on more than one occasion and to three different clothes in the one wash so jamming one in the door by mistake would have been impossible.

An electrolux technician came out did not see a fault and told me a supervisor would contact us to arrange a time to call out. After two days no one had contacted us so I called for a 25 minute wait and conversation to electrolux I found out we were booked in for Friday afternoon but no one had bothered to contact us. No one arrived to fix the machine or bothered to contact us again.

Poor machine with poor service and what must be a design fault in the machine which catches the clothes between the drum and the rubber around the door shredding the clothes.

More annoyed with the service than being without a machine for two weeks to be honest. I believe the technician did a runner and told me a supervisor would contact me so he could get going. I also believe the staff had no intention of coming back with a part to fix the machine.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $679.00.

Energy efficient and water efficient

Both energy and water save will support financially and environmentally. One thing want to improve is quick 18. Quick 18 is too short compare to normal cycle takes 60 min. If this machine has 30 min quick cycle, it would be perfect. It is stout and feel durable. The front door is strong and feel can use for long years. 5 year warranty also great to mention.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great little helper

We purchased this washing machine about 6 months ago. No problems so far. It's very quiet. I wash everything from evening dresses, bath mats, underwear, bedding to kids clothes. Even some sporty shoes, kids toys. I noticed that our electricity bills are not so extreme now. We pay about 30% less than before with our top loader machine. The cycle times are quiet long, I really recommend the Electrolux washing machine. I think its a good choice for the money. 7.5 kg is enought for family of 3-4.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great Family Washing Machine

While living overseas we had stayed in an apartment which had a similar Electrolux washer and after using it we knew that we needed one for ourselves. So, when our trusty old washer packed up, we bought one without hesitation.

My wife and I use the washer almost equally, and find that not only does it clean our clothes much better than our previous top loader, but it is way more efficient. Our water bill has halved since buying this washer and we have seen a significant decrease in our electricity bill also.

Finally, as a washer, it is very good at handling delicates as well as highly soiled clothing. We also find that it doesn't vibrate nearly as much as other brands seem to, which means it has less disturbance on the family during quiet activities.

The cycle times are very adjustable depending on what you're washing, so we can have clothes washed in under an hour if we need them in a hurry. We also use the timed wash quite often so we can have the washing start while still in bed and be ready to hang up when we wake up in the morning.

Although it doesn't have all the smart-phone integration that other washers on the market seem to be pushing these days, I don't particularly find that I am in need of it, since I have to put the clothes in the washer manually anyway and turning a knob then pressing a button doesn't take any more than 3 seconds to start a load.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

So Far So Good

Upgraded to this front loader from a Fisher & Paykal top loader ( which is still going strong after 10 years )
The big difference between the two is, the clothes come out from the Electrolux relatively untangled as compared to the old machine.
The Electrolux is quiet and does have a quick wash 18m cycle.
I found it odd not having a hot water tap connection, however heating the water direct from the cold tap is very quick.
The machine has loads of features and from a male point of view, simple to operate.

Date PurchasedOct 2018