Electrolux EWF12853 / EWF12753

Electrolux EWF12853 / EWF12753

EWF12753 (7.5kg), EWF12853 (8.5kg)

Deb

DebSydney, NSW

Great machine

First Front loader I have ever bought
Uses little washing powder and water has a quick 18 min wash and a timer if yiu want it yo finish just when you ger home I am very happy with it

Kathryn Clark

Kathryn Clark

The best workhorse in the country for Australian laundries.

Bought Electrolux brand top loader with confidence in reliability. Programs are easy to use. There are options to select for energy wise functions. The drum dimensions make easy removal of clothes.
The door is quite easy to close compared to my last machine.
The best feature is the wool cycle. No worries.
The energy cycle is gentle on work wear even with daily washing. Sheets and towels along with larger loads are not a problem for Electrolux as it has the grunt to perform efficiently.
Timing can be reduced to suit busy lifestyles.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Diana

Diana

Practical and great

Have been using the washing machine to do my regular laundries, most of which are made up of cotton. The process is efficient. Once the laundry powder is added and the Start button is pressed, I can go on and do my other tasks. The washing machine causes the least amount of damage to my clothes; due to its design, it's quite gentle on clothes during the washing process. I highly recommend it!

Lewis

Attractive & Easy to use Front Loader.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Deb

DebCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fantastic washing machine for a family

When buying a family washing machine we search for water saving, size, affordable, easy to use and the ability to resolve children’s stains.This goes over and above.Highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Lee J

Lee JSouth-East, TAS

Perfect machine

Always put my everyday clothes and delicate items in my machine, superior was cycle is gentle yet efficient and quiet, love the 18 cycle. Love the 69 min wash dry cycle, if not overloaded washes and dries perfectly, I'm very satisfied with my machine

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,059.00.

Tina

TinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent functions

I love all the functions that this washing machine have, especially the vapour refresh, keeps the cloth fresh without actually washing it! and there is also a short wash that only takes 18 minutes for peopl who have no patients like me

Only thing I don't like is every3-5 weeks you have to take water out.

Purchased in December 2018.

Alice

AliceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Severe on clothes and fabrics - destroys t-shirts - and towels abrasive like cement.

Vvvvvvvvvv

VvvvvvvvvvMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slimefest - ruins your whites

Hari

Hari

A good all-rounder

Bought this as an alternative to a crappy washer that was handed down. The machine has been consistently good and does what it says. Certain wash cycles seem a tad longer but no fuss. I was hoping to be done with lint clinging on to my clothes, however still see a fair bit of lint on the clothes, probably something to do with the clothes themselves I suppose.

Fel

FelSydney, NSW

Love it!!!

It has good features, good value. I had been using it for nearly a year. So far this is the best washing machine i ever had. Cant go wrong with it.

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

Jasmin

JasminWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great Washer and dryer in one

I have owned my machine for a week and every cycle works perfectly! If you stick to the weight of the load , no dramas for drying everything properly, the cycle times are a little long but it outweighs the way the clothes are cleaned ! Perfect

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $950.00.

Shanti Aryal

Shanti Aryal

so far so good

I bought Electrolux washing machine for my home. I will highly recommend Electrolux 9 kg washing machine to all my friends. It will be great for all family for all purpose.

Purchased in April 2018.

Bel

BelSydney, NSW

Great for small apartments

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $588.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson SDV Series
Leons

LeonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ruins clothes

Washes OK, but snaggs synthetic clothes every now and then. Individual threads get pulled. We have had 5 shirts and one dress ruined by this machine. Recommend finding another brand

Noise Level

Shocking the door Broke and the displays got water and you can see anything on them.

I was for 4 people and my husbands work clothes . The wash cycles were great until the machine got water in display now it’s still works but is painful.
It still works but it is painful.

Purchased in February 2016 for $799.00.

smash

smashPerth, Western Australia

Beware shreds clothes

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $679.00.

AI

AISydney, NSW

Energy efficient and water efficient

Both energy and water save will support financially and environmentally. One thing want to improve is quick 18. Quick 18 is too short compare to normal cycle takes 60 min. If this machine has 30 min quick cycle, it would be perfect. It is stout and feel durable. The front door is strong and feel can use for long years. 5 year warranty also great to mention.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Marishka

MarishkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little helper

We purchased this washing machine about 6 months ago. No problems so far. It's very quiet. I wash everything from evening dresses, bath mats, underwear, bedding to kids clothes. Even some sporty shoes, kids toys. I noticed that our electricity bills are not so extreme now. We pay about 30% less than before with our top loader machine. The cycle times are quiet long, I really recommend the Electrolux washing machine. I think its a good choice for the money. 7.5 kg is enought for family of 3-4.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Jeff

JeffNew South Wales

Great Family Washing Machine

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Reginaasked

How do I clean the filer? Only one red tab can be pushed in, the other is rigid so cannot get the filter out!!

Lewis

Not sure what the red tab is. Ignore that. Twist the "plug" anticlockwise until you can remove it. You will need to put a flat tray under the spout to catch a cupful of water. Then you can clean the filter.

Regina

Thank you! Just cleaned it. Really appreciate the advice.

Glenb

Glenbasked

As its connected to the cold water . Does the machine heat the water

How do I change the presettings?

Lewis

Yes. But you can select the desired temp by pressing the TEMP button repeatedly, until the it lights up the temp you want, including * for cold wash. You can select the spin speed in a similar way.

Ann B

Ann Basked

The grey rubber seal at the front of the washer [EWF12853] contains greasy, dirty slime that finds it way unto some of the clothes - how can this be cleaned?

Lewis

All washing machines would have this form of bellows to connect the drum, which spins and moves around a lot on its axis, to the door glass "dome" which doesn't move. It's just a fact of life, and they will all collect residue over time. You should clean it with a cream cleanser, and rinse it out into the drum., and then run the machine on a short cycle to get rid of the dirt. Then, every time you use the machine, wipe around the folds of the bottom part of the bellows with a moist cloth. While you are at it, check that the filter is free of dirt.... behind the flap at the bottom right, at floor level. The plug unscrews, but can be tight. If it is not cleaned every so often, it won't help with the residue problem.

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives