Electrolux Built In Barbecue EQBL100AS (4 Burners, Low Hood)

Electrolux Built In Barbecue EQBL100AS (4 Burners, Low Hood)

Absolute garbage. Uneven heat & igniter worked for maybe 3 months.

Ok, the positives. The BBQ looks good, very clean and sleek built in.

The negatives....
Very uneven heating. Ice cold and searing hot in odd places.
Flat lid warped after 18 months, no longer sits flush.
Ignighter worked for the first 3 months, then nothing. Making this worse is that it's very difficult to light manually and dangerous.
Drip collection system at the front is not easy to use.

Purchased .

Preheating Speed
Safety
Even Heat DistributionNo

This is the best BBQ I have ever had

Unlike many others, I find this BBQ to be the best BBQ I have ever had ... and I have used a BBQ for 4 to 5 times a week for 30 years. Don't get me wrong, it is quirky as the cleaning is difficult and the temp gauge is vague (tells me it is hot as opposed to temp) but once you are familiar with it it is amazing. The heat disposition is very even and the grill cooks a steak that is to die for. I would rate this a good 4 plus ..... a decent temp gauge would make it a 4.5.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Looks good but performance is ordinary

Hard to clean - fat gets under burners and into gaps between base which you can't get at.
Had trouble with ignition system - cost too much to fix so we have to lift plate and light burners manually - very disappointing when you spend over $2,500 !!!
Heat distribution is uneven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Hi Rolf, Narelle from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Barbecue. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle. ThanksHi Narelle I purchased 2 drop in bbq's with 4 burners about 5 yrs ago and both of them you couldn't light after about 8 mths with the ignition system. We have been lifting each plate/ grill ever since to light --- this is a joke for paying over $2,500 each. I can see from other reviews that other people have experienced a similar problem. Regards Rolf

Still a poor performer

Having written a review previously on this product I thought it timely to give an update. During the course of previous complaints I had been in touch with Electrolux about the issues or fat/oil running under the unit. This eventuated in them sending me a new design plate. It had some effect but has not solved the problem, just delayed the result.
I had the opportunity to look at the latest model on display and discovered that nearly all of the suggestions I made to improve this unit had been adopted. Such as increased fall angle on the plate and grill drain. Not sure how they current model is working but I am not surprised about the comments as I found nothing in the new model to stop fat leaking back under the unit.
Good luck with this BBQ, as always "Buyer Beware"

Won't get hot enough

Bought this from RT Edwards in 2012 ,expensive but looks good in our outdoor kitchen. Started using it but found the hotpate would not get hot enough to sear a steak so the steaks would broil. Contacted Electrolux who as we were outside metro sent a non electrolux gas fitter around who checked it out and found nothing wrong , said to heat the plate for 15 mins before addind food. Tried that ,plate would get hot but burners wouldn't keep the heat going. Accepted that this was normal and continued to persevere until a friend who owns the same unit said his would near burn the steaks. Contacted Electrolux to rectify said they had no record of the complaint in 2012 and then said it was out of warranty and any cost to correct was up to me. Argued that obviously the bbq was faulty from new. No resolution offered by electrolux. Stuck with a useless expensive BBQ.

Hi Manny, Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux BBQ. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Kathy at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks KathyThanks to Kathy from Electrolux Customer Care who sent a gas fitter around to investigate issue. He increased the size of the jets which may use more gas but at least the plate now gets hot enough to cook meat . Better result than calling their call centre who gave no help and were hard to understand due to the strong overseas call centre accent.

Problem with auto ignition!

I loved the look of this flat top. Not a problem cleaning (although fat does drip down to the cupboard below and onto things stored there)
I've had Electrolux around to try and fix the auto ignition 3 times!! I've given up.... He said the BBQ really isn't for outdoors! It's a BBQ for goodness sake! I still have to take the heavy plates off to light with matches.
This BBQ was recommended by 'Good Manors', the company who did our garden renovation......
Although the flat top looks good, a hood is more useful to BBQ, I've just folded out $700 for one this weekend. I hope using it won't wrap the plates as I've not had trouble with that. The chickens roasting as I write.....

Good BBQ

I think all you people are forgetting this is a BBQ not a cook top in a kitchen. Firstly, it looks good and people are always impressed. Sure cleaning the grills is a bit difficult although what grill is not. The plate is the best have ever had it drains well into a drip collector. I don’t think it smokes any more than others, It starts well, The lid is good, the numbers become a bit difficult to see after a while silver on silver. I think the food taste better cooking on stainless rather than cast iron, My wife tells me I am a hopeless cook although she likes my steaks cooked on this BBQ and kids eat their sausages.
Cleaning: I did pull all the components out and tried the washing in the sink and on the lawn its messy. Here is how I cleaned my BBQ back to almost new, I got my high pressure cleaner stuck it in the BBQ closed the lid so I don’t get grease and water all over me (50mm open) and let it rip, waved the pressure cleaner around. The cooking components do disassemble well so you can individually clean each part the same way in the BBQ. Had a little trouble starting due to the jets getting water, drained the parts of water got one jet stated, turned it on let all the others dry, For a guy it was easy and great fun using the high pressure cleaner. Remember clean out all the drip tray first pull them out and scoop the grease out by hand.
I love it overall 8/10 nothing is ever perfect.

Terrible to clean!

Hi there

I can't believe this is described as easy clean. The two layers of the grill plate are so close together that debris from what you have cooked previously sits practically touching what you are cooking. It's awful! The whole point of BBQ cooking is not having to clean after each time but with this I have to dismantle and clean nearly every time or it smokes terribly (where trapped food debris burns).
I HATE this BBQ so much!
It looks beautiful (when the lid is down!)

Great BBQ but really hard to clean the grill & plates

We installed correctly as per installation guide by licensed gas fitter. I've asked Electrolux how to clean grill & plate & I was told while the plate & grill are still warm (not hot) wipe down with white vinegar. I've tried this many times & the grills don't come clean! Maybe should of bought a Smeg?
Looks great, cooks well.
Hard to clean grill

Hi Seb, Maria M from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Maria M? I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Maria MGot the same problem - great looking integrated BBQ but plate and grill are nearly impossible to have looking clean. The stainless steel grills go brown after one use and black carbon forms on both plate and grill which is unable to be cleaned off with even over the top care and vigour - Council bbq's in local park look much cleaner. Are there replacement plates and grills made from something else that will make the BBQ look attractive to cook food on ?Hi Paul Nash, Sylvia from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sylvia I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Sylvia

Awesome

What a great BBQ, this is by far the best tasting and cooking BBQ I have ever had and I have had a few.
The two plate grill is a great idea, the fat flow into the trays, I take them off and soak in sugar soap in the laundry tub, they came out like new, most of all the BBQ taste is there like a charcoal one. I like it!
The taste it gives

George, Please share the secret to your success. How do you avoid the issues the rest of us have had?? I am very interested in the solution to what is obviously a common problem. Thanks

Looks great works poorly

Things our parents teach us we should always remember.
Never judge a book by its cover and beauty is only skin deep
I wish I had thought about these two sayings before parting with so much money for my BBQ
You got it, it looks great it works like crap. The grill section could have been used on a naval vessel during the first world war to produce a smoke screen. I think the dripless channels are a big part of the problem they get blocked start to smoke wildly before igniting and burning out of control. I have put up with this for 2 years and am finally trying to do something about it. I tried to contact the store I purchased it from to buy another hot plate instead of the grill but they were of no help at all. I do not know what to do
I am very disappointed and have genuine safety concerns using my grill as the risk of starting a fire and burning down my house is a real one
Looks
It smokes uncontrollably and catches fire

Hi David, Nicole from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Nicole. We would really like to try to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Nicole Electrolux Customer CareWell it seems the people from Electrolux are not serious about trying to resolve any issues with this BBQ unit. As requested by their representative I have made contact with them not once but twice. That was nearly a week ago and I am still to receive any feedback let alone a call or any contact I may be premature in my judgement but it seems that their customer service mirrors their BBQ Poor DavidHi David, Sally from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sally? We would really like to try to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Sally

Nice looking but definitely not easy clean

We bought this BBQ a while back for the stainless steel plates that were supposedly 'easy clean'. That couldn't be further from the truth. From the first time you use this bbq the plate is stained with a brownish burn mark that can never be brought back to new. The supplier advised using rice oil instead of olive oil but that has made no difference at all. Having said that, it looks good and cooks lovely and evenly so if you don't mind the stained plates it's still a nice looking BBQ.
Nice looking.
Stainless steel plates are forever stained.

Would u recommend this BBQ ? Cheers

See all Electrolux Built In Barbecue reviews

Hi i bought this BBQ years ago and had it professionally cleaned last week and the guy asked me where my drip tray was. I told him i never got one and didn't realise that at the time. Probably why its been leaking fat for all these years into my cabinetry its built into. Is it possible to supply me with one of these please. If it was meant to be included i would expect it to be free of charge but if it wasn't and considered an additional purchase then i am happy to pay for it - what ever was meant to be the case originally i am comfortable with. Also my ignition button stopped working a few years ago. Its not the battery - can you tell me the cost of a new piece for that as well please? BBQ has been great bar these two minor issues BTW and its eight years old now and still going strong.
i have the same problems too. couldn't find the dripping tray

I have the same problem, none of the igniters work! I called the call Centre they where no help, I called the local Electrolux agent that the call Centre Recomended they where less than useless, I just wanted to book a call out appointment, the lady wanted me to provide a list of the parts I needed??? If I knew that I’d buy them myself and not need a call out... what am I??? The engineer?? What a shockingly disappointing lack of customer service.... any ideas ???
We had no choice but to buy a new one which they sold us at a discounted price. It was the new beefeater- the only one that fit the space in our concrete bench. When I rang all the BBQ and appliance shops they said it was a well known problem with Electrolux. On the bright side, the new BBQ so far is working well.

The ignition system has failed on my EQBL 100AS BBQ. I was told to get a new battery which I've done, but to no avail. Any other ideas?

Built In Barbecue EQBL100AS (4 Burners, Low Hood)
Price (RRP)$2958