Electrolux UltraSilencer

Origin (ZUS4065OR), ZUS3940P, Pet Lover (ZUS4065PET), etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (5)

Honest review

Purchased in September 2015 at The Good Guys for $365.00.

I have had this vacuum for over 10 years

I’ve had this vacuum for over 10 years and it’s suction is still amazing even when the bag is full. Very quiet and cleans thoroughly. Nice long power cord, which means it doesn’t need to be plugged in in every room. Because I have had it for so long, some parts are needing to be replaced ie the telescopic pipe and the part on the hose that it clips into as these have worn. The only thing I don’t like is the auto cord retract button.

Purchased at Noel Leeming Physical store for $800.00.

JB

JB

Low quality

Bought this vacuum cleaner in late 2015 and have had multiple issues, despite only light use (once per week) on floorboards. Had to get the head repairs after the rollers came off, the hose crimps, and then finally it stopped powering on.

Purchased in December 2015 at Billy Guyatts for $334.00.

aussiepiper

aussiepiperSydney, NSW

The ultimate in planned obsolescence

Nice and quiet indeed and aside from the fact that the parts start to disintegrate soon after purchase, this vacuums, quietly. However the handle broke shortly after purchase and little wonder. The tiny screw holding the two parts together was bound to fail. Now the head no longer locks into the hose. Another part broken. Surely the ultimate in planned obselescence. The retailer didn't want to know of course. "Trade it in. Buy another one..." for $300+

Purchased in August 2008.

The silencer that now Screams

The vacuum is not even 6 months old and it has begun to emit a screaming sound when you increase the suction past 3. It is obviously a dud. Electrolux is not a product worth buying

Purchased in January 2019 for $399.00.

Product is usedDaily
SMJ

SMJ

Awesome for the price

Good for both carpets and tiles. Has many attachments which comes handy cleaning different surfaces, curtains, sofa etc.Overall, very happy with the product. No complaints yet. It also looks great.

Purchased in November 2018 for $348.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Pet OwnerNo
Stew

StewPerth, WA

Piece of junk

I have bought 3 Electrolux vacuum cleaners and the quality has dropped and dropped, with the latest one the handle has snapped, the aluminium extension won't stay extended and breaks , also they used to have additional tools on board,. As you can guess i will never purchase one again . Do yourself a favour and buy a german vacuum cleaner, i wont say the brand but better all round

Purchased in May 2015.

Sue

SueTauranga

Very very unhappy

From new this vacuum had a high pitched scream when hose extended+only ran for 5 mins before switching off. Emailed electrolux numerous time but no replies. Rang+they sent a new handle. Didn't help. Sent to Electrolux and 3 weeks later got it back saying it was fixed. Have used it once but still has squeaky sound when hose is extended. The plastic buttons holding the handle and pipes on are very hard to work and it takes me ages to change attachments. Very very upset with this machine. Would never ever buy another electrolux again!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best vacuum ever

Super Quiet, super suction. After 2 years the cord rewind still works perfectly and it takes the tough punishment with ease. Looks great too. Even when the bag is 95% full it still sucks like a champion. So much better than my old bagless machine which created a dust storm every time I emptied it into the bin. I LOVE this cleaner.

William

WilliamPerth, WA

Wow this blows my mind about quiet vacuum, Miele we are looking at you

When I owned a Miele, I was pretty impressed with how sound dampening has been carefully well thought out compared to my entry level Kmart vac.

When I gets my hand on an ultrasilencer, it just blows my mind, it brings vacuum quietness to a whole new level, at least for me.

Amy

Amy

Perfect vacuum cleaner

Great suction, easy to maneuver, kind of loud. I use it in my studio apartment at uni on carpet and lino and it works wonders. It is a very powerful vacuum. The only downside is having to buy new bags but they last me a long time which is fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hannah

HannahSydney

Excellent Vacuum!

I think this is a great vacuum. It is very quiet for the power, so I am happy with it. It picks up everything from our carpet which is quite thick and our old vacuum struggled. It has a setting for tiles/carpet which is great, it is easy to switch from kitchen to living room cleaning!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Papamike

PapamikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I's been a good vacuum cleaner

It works quite well, it's used daily and we have had it for 10 years. We need to get a motorhead for a better performance on the carpet. We have had a new motor and a few new heads and a hose. We also had to have the plug renewed. I don't like having to replace bags as I think that is wasteful and expensive.
The noise is not a problem for us, but it would spoil a movie on TV for those watching while vacuuming in that area.
We have a mixture of titles carpet and floorboards.
When it finally gives up the ghost we will probably replace it with a rechargeable type.

Date PurchasedOct 2008
Abby

AbbyMelbourne

Great vacuum!

Very happy with the performance and suction. Vacuum is easy to use and comes with a multitude of accessories, very useful. Design is pleasing, haven't had an issue with the suction. Definitely not "silent" but not as loud as many other vacuums. Vacuum is light and easy to maneuver. I mostly vacuum curtains, carpet and wood floors with this vacuum. Replacement bags are easy to work and inexpensive to purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Jamie

JamieBrisbane

Not a bad vacuum

Not a bad vacuum, sucks well when it has a new bag in it. Really sticks to the floor. The bonus turbo head we got with it is useless. The only down side it the foot wheel didn't last very long and I'm not paying $80 for another. Will more then likely buy another but would ask for 2 foot tools.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Magda

MagdaSydney

Good vacuum cleaner

This Electrolux vacuum cleaner is good enough. It’s not so heavy, so easy to manoeuvre around the home. The vacuum cleaner is great for all types of flooring. But it’s a bit loud, so I can’t vacuum in the mornings or the evenings because my neighbours will not be happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

5 stars.

This vacuum cleaner really sucks.

For such a quiet unit you wouldn't think that it'd suck so hard, but suck hard it does. It does a lot of sucking, even pet hair that accumulates on the carpets. It's also nice and quiet so while it sucks hard it doesn't disrupt my two cats. One of them even plays with it while it does all the hard sucking.

Verdict: this little sucker knows how to suck and it doesn't make a lot of loud noise that sucks for everyone in the house.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Dotti

DottiMullumbimby

Very annoying to use, makes me angry every time i use it! Wonder who designed this one??

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
susie q

susie q

Vacuum cleaner

Lovely cleaner. So quiet and has lots of suction. This is perfect for when my housemates are asleep so I can do my vacuuming. My dog is not scared of it either. The handle is a great bonus. The size is perfect particularly for an apartment. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Belle

Bellecobram

This is perfect, I can't live without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017