Electrolux UltraSilencer

Electrolux UltraSilencer

Origin (ZUS4065OR), Pet Lover (ZUS4065PET), Z3347, Z3357, Z3365 and 4 more

Awesome for the price

Good for both carpets and tiles. Has many attachments which comes handy cleaning different surfaces, curtains, sofa etc.Overall, very happy with the product. No complaints yet. It also looks great.

Purchased in November 2018 for $348.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo

Piece of junk

I have bought 3 Electrolux vacuum cleaners and the quality has dropped and dropped, with the latest one the handle has snapped, the aluminium extension won't stay extended and breaks , also they used to have additional tools on board,. As you can guess i will never purchase one again . Do yourself a favour and buy a german vacuum cleaner, i wont say the brand but better all round

Purchased in May 2015.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
Clogging Issues Yes

Very very unhappy

From new this vacuum had a high pitched scream when hose extended+only ran for 5 mins before switching off. Emailed electrolux numerous time but no replies. Rang+they sent a new handle. Didn't help. Sent to Electrolux and 3 weeks later got it back saying it was fixed. Have used it once but still has squeaky sound when hose is extended. The plastic buttons holding the handle and pipes on are very hard to work and it takes me ages to change attachments. Very very upset with this machine. Would never ever buy another electrolux again!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best vacuum ever

Super Quiet, super suction. After 2 years the cord rewind still works perfectly and it takes the tough punishment with ease. Looks great too. Even when the bag is 95% full it still sucks like a champion. So much better than my old bagless machine which created a dust storm every time I emptied it into the bin. I LOVE this cleaner.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Wow this blows my mind about quiet vacuum, Miele we are looking at you

When I owned a Miele, I was pretty impressed with how sound dampening has been carefully well thought out compared to my entry level Kmart vac.

When I gets my hand on an ultrasilencer, it just blows my mind, it brings vacuum quietness to a whole new level, at least for me.

Excellent Vacuum!

I think this is a great vacuum. It is very quiet for the power, so I am happy with it. It picks up everything from our carpet which is quite thick and our old vacuum struggled. It has a setting for tiles/carpet which is great, it is easy to switch from kitchen to living room cleaning!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I's been a good vacuum cleaner

It works quite well, it's used daily and we have had it for 10 years. We need to get a motorhead for a better performance on the carpet. We have had a new motor and a few new heads and a hose. We also had to have the plug renewed. I don't like having to replace bags as I think that is wasteful and expensive.
The noise is not a problem for us, but it would spoil a movie on TV for those watching while vacuuming in that area.
We have a mixture of titles carpet and floorboards.
When it finally gives up the ghost we will probably replace it with a rechargeable type.

Date PurchasedOct 2008

Great vacuum!

Very happy with the performance and suction. Vacuum is easy to use and comes with a multitude of accessories, very useful. Design is pleasing, haven't had an issue with the suction. Definitely not "silent" but not as loud as many other vacuums. Vacuum is light and easy to maneuver. I mostly vacuum curtains, carpet and wood floors with this vacuum. Replacement bags are easy to work and inexpensive to purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Not a bad vacuum

Not a bad vacuum, sucks well when it has a new bag in it. Really sticks to the floor. The bonus turbo head we got with it is useless. The only down side it the foot wheel didn't last very long and I'm not paying $80 for another. Will more then likely buy another but would ask for 2 foot tools.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Good vacuum cleaner

This Electrolux vacuum cleaner is good enough. It’s not so heavy, so easy to manoeuvre around the home. The vacuum cleaner is great for all types of flooring. But it’s a bit loud, so I can’t vacuum in the mornings or the evenings because my neighbours will not be happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

5 stars.

This vacuum cleaner really sucks.

For such a quiet unit you wouldn't think that it'd suck so hard, but suck hard it does. It does a lot of sucking, even pet hair that accumulates on the carpets. It's also nice and quiet so while it sucks hard it doesn't disrupt my two cats. One of them even plays with it while it does all the hard sucking.

Verdict: this little sucker knows how to suck and it doesn't make a lot of loud noise that sucks for everyone in the house.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Very annoying to use, makes me angry every time i use it! Wonder who designed this one??

This is the WORST!!! vacuum cleaner i ever had!@!@: it's very heavy and hard to manoeuvre about.
It hardly rolls, i have to drag it behind me and the hose kinks easily!
Also the hose is too short, so almost impossible to reach to the ceiling trying to get to cobwebs. Have to stand on a stool to get to higher places.
It's awkward to hold with its curved handle which squeaks loud when it turns.
The floor attachment isn't going into corners and the switch where you change from carpet to tiled floor constantly snaps back. The "3 in one" crevice/upholstery tool is total rubbish: the crevice tool is too wide and one cannot get into narrow spaces, and the upholstery brush keeps half falling apart when putting a bit of pressure on.
It was only silent in the first couple weeks, then started to make noise like almost all other vacs. GRRRRRR!!!
And the turbo pet nozzle is making a hell of a racket!
Also, the two halves of the plastic body aren't fitting together well at all, there is a gap between the two.
Apart from good suction this is a very bad and very overpriced vacuum cleaner, i will never buy anything from Electrolux again!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Dotti, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the vacuum cleaner. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Vacuum cleaner

Lovely cleaner. So quiet and has lots of suction. This is perfect for when my housemates are asleep so I can do my vacuuming. My dog is not scared of it either. The handle is a great bonus. The size is perfect particularly for an apartment. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

This is perfect, I can't live without it.

Extremely satisfied with the suction on this product, making performing tasks a bliss.
It is not extremely light but not excessively heavy neither I'd say it would be fit to its structure description, it would be what you would expect of this beauty. Brilliant disguised with minimal noise, you can vacuum any hour of the day and not wake or annoy other household members. Very easy to manoeuvre around the home, wheels are rubber supported and well lubricated making twist and turns breezy and not ruining or marking the floors.
This model comes with hard floor and carpet extensions so can be used on either, also cones with your typical mini extensions for doing the trickiest of the trickiest. The Electrolux Silencer vacuum can cover large areas 3-4 bedrooms even more without getting hot. This product is built to last and replacement antibacterial bags don't need replacing every few days more like every couple of weeks and in saying this I vacuum everyday, a large 3 story apartment.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Can't live without!

Love the performance of the vacuum, suction is great extention is perfect length. Easy to change the bag, store & clean . The handle extends to full length & when tucked away it slides inside the pole making it shorter & easier ro store. Has different speed settings which is very handing when being a mum of boy's. Absolutely love my vac

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great vacuum cleaner

I've had this vacuum cleaner now for 2 months so it's had a good work out.
It is pretty quiet so I'm able to vacuum the house while the kids are in bed safe in the knowledge that I won't wake them.
It has adjustable suction powers for various floor types as well as a power head for carpets and a nifty little attachment that is a 3-in-1 multi tool.
My house is a 3 bedroom single level house with both tiles and carpet, the Ultrasilencer cleans both surfaces well.
One great feature of this vacuum cleaner is the 12 metre long cord, it means I don't have to unplug as I work around the house.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Quiet and efficient

We've had a few dud vacuums lately (cheap imported models from Godfreys), so we thought we'd try the Electrolux brand again, since the old barrel cleaners worked well in their day. This one is ideal for our purposes. It sucks up the debris, rather than throw it across the tiled floor like some Chinese brands did, and it's light, easy to drag, and quiet. I give it a 4 out of 5, which is good considering I'd rate previous purchases as 2 at best.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Awesome technology

My Electrolux is quiet, very light to handle, maneuver well.It cleans my vinyl floors, and tiled areas extremely well.Super efficient, great buy. This vacuum cleaner is great for all types of flooring,seems to do high piles really well.One of the things I love is the quietness of this cleaner, even the grandchildren can watch their shows, while I vacuum, Awesome.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best vacuum cleaner ever !

i bought one of these in "used" condition back in 2006, it already was a few years old back then.. maybe 4-5 i am not sure.
as of now in 2017 it is still kicking hard with no issues. Suction is great, it is very very silent (mind you back then it was the most silent one i've ever seen, some vacuums are silent now due to new tech motors etc)
it's just about the right size, very powerful, auto cord works like a treat, all parts are still intact after 13+ years of use, just the right weight, easy to pick up and store, easy to change bags, only negative i can say about is the expanding hose, even though it is metal and high quality, it is heavy for most uses, and it can damage wall corners and other similar areas if used without an attachment. i use a plastic one from another vacuum does the job..

i don't know if Electrolux preserved the same quality with their more recent products but for this particular model, i applause them. And if this one fails "i doubt if it will" i will happily buy another Electrolux

Date PurchasedJan 2006

It sucks, but it supposes to!

The model number also 1700W + Paketto, whatever this means, well got the 1700 and surprised it's not more. I briefly inherited it after fixing it (bad wiring connection in the lead) But since it was given to my daughter by her mother in law...I gave it back! I absolutely loved it; quiet, retractable lead. One simple but smart attachment brush that becomes a wider tool just flicking open its side flaps. I have to mention though I do the carpet with a Dyson, a lot more efficient for carpet but quite noisy.
Well I have been reunited with it recently and even came back with a canister for which I have no Idea what to do with! My daughter was given a new one so did not need two!
I feel sorry for those who had bad experience with theirs as I find this one so good, even if I have to put up with bags again. I believe it was bought quite a long time ago. It gets a little hot and I can see later models have much bigger wattage.
+s quiet, efficient retractable lead long enough for me. Basic simple tools for non floor area.
-s discontinued!, Needs bags, tool does not have a permanent place in the main body to be at hand at all time.
Only joking about purchase date!

Date PurchasedJan 1997

I have an electrolux utrasilencer vacuum cleaner and it's broken on the pipe, can I buy a new pipe with out a vacuum cleaner with it?
You should call Electrolux service. I had a problem with the connection between the floor head unit and the tube and they were helpful and I got the problem sorted quickly.

Hi we currently have an Electrolux ergospace deluxe which is at the end of its life. We are looking at the Electrolux Ultra Silcener Origin. Does it use the same vacuum bags as the ergospace?
Hi Andrea, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist with the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux vacuum cleaner. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, TaniaYes, both models use the same s-bag range.Is Tania an AI/robot/machine? Why you are not given an answer straight?

Please advise where I can buy vacuum bags for this model. I have looked at several websites and I cant find. Please advise if there are other models that the bags will fit?
I get my bags at either Bing Lee or Good Guys. They should be able to make sure you get the right bags.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Electrolux-Ultra-Silencer-S-Bag-Vacuum-Cleaner-Megapack-16-Bags-UMP3-/172323702801

UltraSilencer Origin (ZUS4065OR)UltraSilencer Pet Lover (ZUS4065PET)UltraSilencer ZUSG3000UltraSilencer ZUS3940PUltraSilencer ZUS3950PUltraSilencer Z3372UltraSilencer Z3365UltraSilencer Z3347UltraSilencer Z3357
Price (RRP) $449.00$399.00$399.00$399.00$399.00$399.00$379.00$399.00$469.00