Electrolux SilentPerformer Animal (ZSP4303PET)

Electrolux SilentPerformer Animal (ZSP4303PET)

MPN: ZSP4303PET

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.3

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (4)

Terrible - (And dont buy from Godfreys)

This machine only worked properly for the first few times. It seemed to clog easily - manually having to clean out each of the many cylinders each time. Then it stopped working. (It seemed to overheat like a hairdryer). Because of the pandemic, Godfreys wouldn't fix, exchange, refund. I had to buy a new machine and now I'm stuck. Save your money

Purchased in June 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for A$250.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Clogging IssuesYes
annoyedwithoptus

annoyedwithoptusSydney, NSW

NOT silent. Sucks good, until it breaks down. Warranty is FAKE.

I do not know why they call this silent, it's actually as loud as any other vacuum cleaner. It does suck well. However, motor breaks down at 10 months. Warranty claim was refused. Said it was due to poor maintenance of filters. They expect you to clear the filter after each use or else warranty is void. Basically, they could use this clause on anything. They could even refuse your claim if the motor breaks down on the very first use.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$280.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst product I have ever purchased!

Worst product I have ever purchased and Electrolux customer care was woeful! Good guys reused to replace it and made me call Electrolux myself to try and get resolution which was a waste of time too. They absolutely didn't care at all.... Be warned and don't buy Electrolux anything!

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Electrolux SilentPerformer Animal (ZSP4303PET) compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent vacuum

We love our Electrolux cleaner - it has awesome controlled suction for different floor types (we have wood, carpet, tile and Lino surfaces), cleans our stubborn cat’s hair in no time with a turbo head, has a head that goes under our large couch and so on. Take note of the manual and clean all the filters (there are more than 1!) regularly to ensure it works properly.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Impressive!

Bought this vacuum today and OMG! I had the house cleaned last week but still managed to get 3 bags full of pet hair off the carpeted area in the living room. Great suction even at minimum and needs no effort to push around. Other reviews have mentioned short cord, didnt find that an issue. Happy with it, lets hope it continues to please.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$249.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Suchit jani

Suchit janiSydney

Not too silent for price to pay

Not too silent for price to pay, this Vac was really good performer till the warranty went on, Literally one day after the warranty finished harvey norman did not want to respond us. First thing they told when we called was to ask us how we have cleaned machine, they asked us to bring machine to store , upon bringing the machine to store. Store always found something wrong with how we have maintained the machine but never bothered to helps us professionally clean the machine. Machine is still the same noisy, low on the suction and unable to perform.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Yehudi

YehudiBAANDEE

Artifact

Date PurchasedJul 2017
t18

t18Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So quiet

After years of basically disposable kmart vacs i decided to buy a decent one. Best choice i could have made. Sticks to the floor and runs so quietly. I love the power switch so i can turn down suction to make it easier to move the head. Would buy again.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
anne4141

anne4141PERTH

Amazing

Amazing vacuum. Very powerful, especially on floors and tiles.
The first time I used this I filled up two containers on 3 rugs I thought were clean!

The only issues I can find - the turbo head only works well when completely clean. I have two double coat dogs and the turbo brush quickly fills with dog hair. The filters also need to be washed a fair bit. I also wish the power cord was longer.

Apart from that it is amazing.

I've owned a dyson before,and prefer the electrolux.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Tony

TonyAU

A really good vacuum for the price.

Pros:
Very quiet, powerful turbo head that picks up pet hair, lightweight, variable speed so you can ramp up the suction or keep it at a low setting for some surfaces, easy to empty, good price, 2 year replacement warranty.

Cons:
Poor onboard brush/crevice tool that isn't quite up to standard and awkward to use.

Such an improvement on our heavy, noisy Dyson that died. Turbo head for carpets, multi-purpose head for other surfaces, and everything looks great. It's a lower-priced bagless so remember to clean those filters regularly to prolong its life. But if it does die within 2 years you get a new one. The Good Guys have a 3 year replacement deal for only a few dollars more and no waiting.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Griff

GriffAdelaide

So far so good

I had very specific parameters when looking for a vacuum cleaner. It had to be cyclonic with good suction, bagless, reasonable quality and longevity and <$200. I don't think you can find one better for your money. Was looking at getting a second hand Dyson but so far so good. Doesn't feel cheap and nasty and think it will last as long as I look after it. The battery operated ones aren't quite there yet and only have approx 40min max of battery life. Can't do the whole home with that. Has extension and different settings for carpet/tiles etc. Suction is good but not outstanding. It isn't a Dyson but I think it was much better than getting someones second hand vac.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Max

MaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Nice and quite vacumm

Purchased in November 2017.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
heather

heatherSouth East Queensland, QLD

quiet achiever

This machine was bought to replace a Dyson.
We are more than happy with its suction, noise levels, and ease of use.
The cord is a good length, meaning we dont have to keep changing sockets. It comes with sufficient accsories for our needs.
It is easy to empty, and about half the weight of the Dyson.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

AnnetteSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I'd heard about the on switch problems

I was expecting great stuff after ordering this model. My mother who was a fanatical dutch cleaner who over the years always swore by the electrolux brand. Unfortunately my brand new model won't even switch on. Sooo disappointed .... even more so after talking with the customer help line. They directed me to look for a turn on button on the hose handle. I felt like a fool when i could not find a turn on button on the hose handle but was relieved that another witness also could not see this suggested button as there is not one!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Annette

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did contact customer care ref #N170802429. This morning I also sent customer care another e-mail. I would like my money back, I've lost interest in having an electrolux vacuum.

Regards A.Gordon

See all Electrolux SilentPerformer reviews

tigre

tigreasked

SilentPerformer Animal (ZSP4303PET)

Afte 18 months' or so of use, the vacuum suddenly started collecting pet fur around the cylindrical mesh top filter instead of in the main cannister. This means that I have to stop several times to prise out the fur from around the filter and that it also doesn't pick up as much as it used to. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone else know how to fix it? It doesn't look like Electrolux monitors this page and their manual is extremely basic. When we asked for a technical manual, we were told this was not an option.

Chris

Chrisasked

SilentPerformer Animal (ZSP4303PET)

I had this vacuum now for two years always clean it properly after use but now the suction just slowed down after a few minutes. No obstruction in hose or head. Do you know what is wrong?

Enelia
Enelia

Hi Chris, just noticed your message. I just have my vacuum for 4 months now and regarding your question, sorry I don't have any ideas what could be the cause. Have you tried contacting Electrolux about it?

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

Compare all 4 Electrolux SilentPerformer