Elinz

Elinz Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

93 questions from our users

JON WILLIS

JON WILLISasked

I have a elinz dcgps dual 32gb 2 1/2 screen camera works fine.
Can I switch off the screen off as its too bright at night?
Jon

Douglas
Douglas

Hi Jon, that is a good question , i thought the same about the screen been a little bright on night driving . In short I dont know and will have a look at the instructions again and/ or ring Elinz on 1800 881 773 for help on this. If we cant dull the screen manually we could consider attaching a piece of window tint to the screen.
Regards Doug.

Hi Jon and Douglas,

Thank you for your query. The unit has a lamp setting that you can turn OFF and ON, the lamp settings enable the unit to see during night times. If the screen is too bright it can disabled or adjust resolution under settings. If you need an updated copy of the user manual, Please send us an email, we'd be happy to assist.

Brent E

Brent Easked

I have 2 Elinz dash cams and they are both now continually turning on and of all the time while driving along and now on one of them when going into reverse the screen wont change to full revers screen, any idea why? Brent

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your query on this matter. Please check the setting on the camera for the reversing camera, there should be an option to set the reversing camera to full screen when turned ON. To further assist you on the matter please send us an email and include your order number so we can specifically check which unit you have. we can also send you an updated user manual for them if needed. cheers.

Nikki

Nikkiasked

My newly purchased dash cam seems to be working fine, but I can't download the videos I saved from the memory card to my computer. They all seem to have a lock on them. What do I do?

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your query. If you are accessing the video while directly connected to a pc from the dash cam, please turn OFF the G sensor from the dash cam as if that is ON the videos will have that lock sign for security. Once you have turned off the G sensor, you can try downloading the videos again. If the issue still persist after doing this, please let us know.

Toniasked

I have just purchased the DCREAR5NITK rear view mirror dash cam and it has a small manual but it doesn’t show what the symbols mean on the screen. Is there another more informative manual available?

Hi Toni.

Thank you for your inquiry. Please send us an email to request for a user manual so we can reply there with an updated user manual for the unit. Our email is sales@elinz.com.au

Done, thank you

Hi Toni,

No worries. You are welcome.

Meghan R

Meghan Rasked

Hi! We have the headrest DVD players in the car and are currently traveling for a couple of months. Both screens were working fine until today! When you turn one if them on you can very faintly see the Elinz symbol, then it turns completely black. Any ideas?

Sorry,
I do not have these items and no experience with them

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for your query about this. May we clarify that the issue is just happening on 1 screen or both? if only on 1 screen can you please swap the power cables to see if its just that as we are suspecting its the power cable supplied. If it is, please send us an email so we can send you another and advise of its process.

Mohy

Mohyasked

Hi ,
I recently bought Elinz DC dual dash can, but it doesn’t turn on at all unless it is unplugged. It even turn off straight away after I unplug it from the cigarette lighter. Is that normal or the battery is faulty? I was expecting it lasts for a couple of minutes at least.

Ron Britten

I don't have this product. Sorry. I do however have a different brand and it turns ON when ignition turned ON. (Cigarette lighter connection). When turned OFF it runs on for about a minute to record parking function. Sounds as if you have a faulty item, BUT don't take this as gospel.

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. Please do an initial charge of at least 1-2hrs w/o use to juice up the battery, the battery life however is only good for memory function and for park mode, if you wish to maximize the full features of the unit, please keep it plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket as with normal dash cams out there. if you wish to have it full time with power, you can purchase the hard wired kit as an option.

Michael L

Michael Lasked

Hi there,

I bought Dash Cam Dual Camera Reversing Recorder Car DVR Video 170 FHD... from Ebay, November last year. Since we started using it we have to plug it in the car all the time. Is this normal? I would thought there is a built in rechargable battery? I did wanted to recharge it at home but does not work. Is this normal?

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your query. As with regular dash cams, in order to maximize the functions and features, they really need constant power to work. So we really do advise to have them plugged in when being used. The battery on the units are normally good just for memory purposes if you are on park mode. If you wish to have continuous power to them an alternate is to purchase the hard wire kit so you don't need to unplug and re plug all the time.

Nicole G

Nicole Gasked

H, I have the Elinz D321M17 and the radio keeps going up and down. Sounds like it's constantly changing from clear stereo sound to muffled mono sound and its annoying. How can I fix this please?

Brad
Brad

In my opinion, for what it's worth, If every other function of the unit is working correctly, I will assume you have tuned to a distant FM station. Try tuning to a local (closer) FM station. If the fault persists, you have a vehicle antenna problem or poor (bad) antenna connection to the unit.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for raising the issue. Does the issue happen to you regardless of the location you're in or all the time? Please try to observe the flow if you are tuned in to a nearer station if the issue persists, try checking if the AF/TA function is ON from the unit. make sure its OFF. this can be seen under the radio menu, if you need further guidance, do send us an email. We'll be happy to assist.

Lachy

Lachyasked

Hey with an elinz headrest what does the single green wire do coming out of head rest?

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. The green wire is the FM transmitter. You don't need to connect that to anything just place that somewhere not touching any metal, all should be good.

Vossanator

Vossanatorasked

I have a D321M17 unit and when it powers up it goes to the loading page then utomatically to the 5 number configuration page . After about 10 secs it makes a loud pop in left speakers and then starts reloading again and so on . Have tried reset and disconnecting speakers . Could anyone please help on this ?

Thank you for your query.

Please try disconnecting the power harness from the unit for 10mins and reconnect right after. If the issue still persist, please email us with the buyers complete name or order number so we can check the warranty. send the email to sales@elinz.com.au

Cooksons

Cooksonsasked

I have dual headrest DVD players, I want to be able to use normal headphones not the IR ones as I don’t want to be fussing with batteries. How can I plug normal headphones in? There is no headphone jack which I’m disappointed about

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our headrest dvd players are only designed for IR headphones.

Regards,

Jerry

Shanon Wasked

Hi,
I have recently purchased one of your roof mounted dvd player in my car, I also have another display which I have connected via the av out cables, which works fine when playing a dvd but when I try to play a video file from a usb stick it will only display on the dvd player and not on the other display. Why is this and is there any way around this?
Thanks Shanon W

Hi Shanon,

The movie sharing normally works if monitor 1 is on DVD mode then monitor 2 is on Av mode. The movie sharing is very much possible using this method but if screen 1 is on USB mode, it will only show the movie on the same screen as you require a different software and hardware to be able to share to screen 2 movies from USB. This is a normal limitation from standard headrest and roof mount DVD players.

Shanon W

ok well what about the sound out via av, I would like to send the av out to my car stereo as I find the fm transmission mode of the dvd gets alot of interference, but I don't won't to do this if the sound won't work through the stereo if im playing a file from a usb stick.

Hi Shanon,

Which DVD player you have there as we have them in 12.1" 11" and 15.6" if you wish to have the sound out the car speakers the normal way is really using the FM transmitter if its getting too much interference, please check if any of the wiring are touching metal. if you are still getting interference, Please send us an email sales@elinz.com.au for warranty.

Mohsen F

Mohsen Fasked

Hi
I’ve got a dm17 radio on my car and stop working, just shows a numbers from 1 to 5 on it seems like needs password! I have no manual book and password for it as it was on the car when I bought the car. Any directions to solve the issue?

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please try to reset the unit by pressing and holding the reset button for 5-7 seconds. Please try 0000 for the password.

Tony

I am having the same problem but when I press the reset button it just seems to turn the unit off again. I've tried holding the reset for just a few seconds and up to more than ten seconds but the outcome is just the same, unit turns off.
When I turn it on again the same problem reoccurs, white screen with 5 numbers connected in sequence by a blue line then the screen jumps to "loading Elinz electronics" and switches back to the previous screen.
Reset doesn't seem to do anything

Dan

Danasked

I have a roof mounted DVD player is there a way of upgrading the firmware/ codecs to play newer formatted movies?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your question.

Normally the firmware installed on these players are fix but stable as to normal roof mount DVD players.They normally don't go with a firmware update as most of the time they will also need to update the hardware. If you wish to play different formats that are not supported, some of our customers just download a video converter and convert the files to those which are supported so it plays fine with the unit.

maggieasked

Hi I have 2 dvd headrests when I play a dvd it plays on the other also which is great and visa versa. But when I play a movie on USB it plays on the one that it is plugged into but not the other though I have sound but no picture yet it is playing normally on the one with the usb. I have tried everything any ideas ?

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your query. The Master and slave function is only applicable when played using a Disc not on the USB as the input (Monitor 1) on DVD mode then (Monitor 2) AV mode. The feed from monitor 1 will only work using this same setup.USB mode uses AUX or others to play a movie and select file, Each monitor would require its individual USB stick if you wish to play movies for both.

maggie

Hi, I find that very strange as I have another set of DVD headrests and when I hook up one of these to the new headrests that I have purchased the USB plays on one headrest and also to the other. But when I plug the usb in the new headrest it won't play to the the older headrest

Hi Maggie,

The units are normally designed to do a master and slave function when using only a DVD on player 1, the usb movie sharing perhaps can be support for sharing if the units OS is android etc.

Alan

Alanasked

Hello I have 2 elina headrest DVD players but I cant figure out how 2 set the wireless headphones 2 the units, any help?

Hi Alan

Thank you for your query.
For the wireless headphones, please make sure that you have turned on the “IR transmission” on the headrest dvd player first, please press on “ IR-TX” on the remote control, and select either channel A or channel B on the screen, then tune in the channel on the headphone to channel A or B as accordingly.

parko_jose
parko_jose

We also found that the head sets don’t work outside the car. As soon as I lent in to the car to test them they worked.

Geoff & Lynasked

I have a Elinz D321M17 - the radio keeps searching for stations all the time. It plays for a while, then starts searching. How can this be fixed please?
Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff and Lyn.. Sorry to hear that.. I am not sure about that. Anyway I don’t think so you will get any sort of help from their stupid customer service. I am also fed up with those irresponsible people.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your query. To fix this issue, please turn off the AF/TA from the radio settings. Press the icon on the lower right hand part besides the headphone icon, look for the AF/TA above the Mhz word then dis select it from there. After doing so, try checking the stations again, they should not auto find anymore.

Thank you.....all fixed now

Darren B

Darren Basked

I have two questions.
Re: DCDUAL - Dash Cam Dual Camera Reversing Recorder Car DVR Video 170°
FHD 1296P 4.0 LCD

Question 1: LCD Display.
- Can it be turned off? its a bit of a detraction when driving?

Question 2: Rear Camera Cabling. (I have a 2012 Navara)
- Is it possible to purchase extension Cable for 2.5mm Audio Lead "Approx 1.5M".
as installing Camera on outside rear Canopy, cable too short for Feed R/H pillar to Roof Lining.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your query.

1. If screen saver is turned on, the screen will turn off by itself after 3mins, 5mins or 10mins depending on your preference, but the dash cam is still recording at the background.
2. This unit is designed for smaller cars, apologies we don't have an extension cable available for this.

Hope this helps.

Meg P

Meg Pasked

How do you connect the wireless headphones to the DVD headrest players?

Hi Meg,

Thank you for your query. Please make sure there are batteries on the headphones, Please turn ON the IR from the headrest DVD players then select A/B to which headphone to assign to a unit.

normal

normalasked

how to reset 1296p dash cam to English?

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. The reset button can be seen on this link https://www.elinz.com.au/assets/images/buttons-and-ports-DCAT308.jpg. Please send us an email to request for an updated user manual so we can send 1 for you.

Get an answer from our members and Elinz representatives