Elinz

Elinz Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

82 questions from our users

Shanon Wasked

Hi,
I have recently purchased one of your roof mounted dvd player in my car, I also have another display which I have connected via the av out cables, which works fine when playing a dvd but when I try to play a video file from a usb stick it will only display on the dvd player and not on the other display. Why is this and is there any way around this?
Thanks Shanon W

Hi Shanon,

The movie sharing normally works if monitor 1 is on DVD mode then monitor 2 is on Av mode. The movie sharing is very much possible using this method but if screen 1 is on USB mode, it will only show the movie on the same screen as you require a different software and hardware to be able to share to screen 2 movies from USB. This is a normal limitation from standard headrest and roof mount DVD players.

Shanon W

ok well what about the sound out via av, I would like to send the av out to my car stereo as I find the fm transmission mode of the dvd gets alot of interference, but I don't won't to do this if the sound won't work through the stereo if im playing a file from a usb stick.

Hi Shanon,

Which DVD player you have there as we have them in 12.1" 11" and 15.6" if you wish to have the sound out the car speakers the normal way is really using the FM transmitter if its getting too much interference, please check if any of the wiring are touching metal. if you are still getting interference, Please send us an email sales@elinz.com.au for warranty.

Mohsen F

Mohsen Fasked

Hi
I’ve got a dm17 radio on my car and stop working, just shows a numbers from 1 to 5 on it seems like needs password! I have no manual book and password for it as it was on the car when I bought the car. Any directions to solve the issue?

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please try to reset the unit by pressing and holding the reset button for 5-7 seconds. Please try 0000 for the password.

Tony

I am having the same problem but when I press the reset button it just seems to turn the unit off again. I've tried holding the reset for just a few seconds and up to more than ten seconds but the outcome is just the same, unit turns off.
When I turn it on again the same problem reoccurs, white screen with 5 numbers connected in sequence by a blue line then the screen jumps to "loading Elinz electronics" and switches back to the previous screen.
Reset doesn't seem to do anything

Dan

Danasked

I have a roof mounted DVD player is there a way of upgrading the firmware/ codecs to play newer formatted movies?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your question.

Normally the firmware installed on these players are fix but stable as to normal roof mount DVD players.They normally don't go with a firmware update as most of the time they will also need to update the hardware. If you wish to play different formats that are not supported, some of our customers just download a video converter and convert the files to those which are supported so it plays fine with the unit.

maggieasked

Hi I have 2 dvd headrests when I play a dvd it plays on the other also which is great and visa versa. But when I play a movie on USB it plays on the one that it is plugged into but not the other though I have sound but no picture yet it is playing normally on the one with the usb. I have tried everything any ideas ?

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your query. The Master and slave function is only applicable when played using a Disc not on the USB as the input (Monitor 1) on DVD mode then (Monitor 2) AV mode. The feed from monitor 1 will only work using this same setup.USB mode uses AUX or others to play a movie and select file, Each monitor would require its individual USB stick if you wish to play movies for both.

maggie

Hi, I find that very strange as I have another set of DVD headrests and when I hook up one of these to the new headrests that I have purchased the USB plays on one headrest and also to the other. But when I plug the usb in the new headrest it won't play to the the older headrest

Hi Maggie,

The units are normally designed to do a master and slave function when using only a DVD on player 1, the usb movie sharing perhaps can be support for sharing if the units OS is android etc.

Alan

Alanasked

Hello I have 2 elina headrest DVD players but I cant figure out how 2 set the wireless headphones 2 the units, any help?

Hi Alan

Thank you for your query.
For the wireless headphones, please make sure that you have turned on the “IR transmission” on the headrest dvd player first, please press on “ IR-TX” on the remote control, and select either channel A or channel B on the screen, then tune in the channel on the headphone to channel A or B as accordingly.

parko_jose
parko_jose

We also found that the head sets don’t work outside the car. As soon as I lent in to the car to test them they worked.

Geoff & Lynasked

I have a Elinz D321M17 - the radio keeps searching for stations all the time. It plays for a while, then starts searching. How can this be fixed please?
Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff and Lyn.. Sorry to hear that.. I am not sure about that. Anyway I don’t think so you will get any sort of help from their stupid customer service. I am also fed up with those irresponsible people.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your query. To fix this issue, please turn off the AF/TA from the radio settings. Press the icon on the lower right hand part besides the headphone icon, look for the AF/TA above the Mhz word then dis select it from there. After doing so, try checking the stations again, they should not auto find anymore.

Thank you.....all fixed now

Darren B

Darren Basked

I have two questions.
Re: DCDUAL - Dash Cam Dual Camera Reversing Recorder Car DVR Video 170°
FHD 1296P 4.0 LCD

Question 1: LCD Display.
- Can it be turned off? its a bit of a detraction when driving?

Question 2: Rear Camera Cabling. (I have a 2012 Navara)
- Is it possible to purchase extension Cable for 2.5mm Audio Lead "Approx 1.5M".
as installing Camera on outside rear Canopy, cable too short for Feed R/H pillar to Roof Lining.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your query.

1. If screen saver is turned on, the screen will turn off by itself after 3mins, 5mins or 10mins depending on your preference, but the dash cam is still recording at the background.
2. This unit is designed for smaller cars, apologies we don't have an extension cable available for this.

Hope this helps.

Meg P

Meg Pasked

How do you connect the wireless headphones to the DVD headrest players?

Hi Meg,

Thank you for your query. Please make sure there are batteries on the headphones, Please turn ON the IR from the headrest DVD players then select A/B to which headphone to assign to a unit.

normal

normalasked

how to reset 1296p dash cam to English?

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. The reset button can be seen on this link https://www.elinz.com.au/assets/images/buttons-and-ports-DCAT308.jpg. Please send us an email to request for an updated user manual so we can send 1 for you.

Dangles

Danglesasked

Anyone had any issues with the DC305? Haven't actually tried it in the car yet but it will not hold a charge from the usb computer port or 5 volt usb mains adapter. It does seem to function properly when plugged in but as soon as you remove the power source it goes off, wont turn back on and resets the date/time stamps. Bought 2 a couple of weeks ago, will try out the one I gave the missus see if it does the same.

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. For charging the unit. We advise to use the cigarette lighter charger that came with it not the usb cable as its only for data transfer not for charging. Please do an initial charging for atleast 1hr using the cigarette lighter charger then when using, it needs to be constantly plugged in the same for full feature catering. The Date will hold once the intial charging is done and will retain in use. If you have further questions, please email us.

Emmalh

Emmalhasked

i have 2 headrest dvd players, one works fine the other has suddenly stopped playing the movies it has always played. it continues to say "loading" sometimes it may say read, but not all the time. it continues to do nothing else?
any suggestions?

Hi there,
Thank you for reporting the issue with us, Please try flipping the mode selection to AV then DVD mode. if after doing this the issue remains, please send us an email so we can reply back with warranty process.

Glenasked

I have a Dual dash cam that won't hold time and date information over night while the car is off. Does the unit require a constant power supply even when off? If so what sort of power draw do they take? Would it drain my battery if I don't drive for a few days?

Hi There,

Thank you for reporting the issue with us. We recommend to do an initial charge for 2hrs w/o use so the built in battery can allow the unit to go on standby and so that it can also hold the info saved. Please use the cigarette lighter charger for this.

Glen

I let the unit charge overnight and it was looking promising as there was a battery level indicator and the date and time had retained however after driving to work and parking for 8 hours the unit had gone flat and reset to default time/date. I have had to change out the supplied tf card also now as it was no longer being recognised. I'm assuming this is because the unit goes flat after driving before it can shut down properly. I have ordered a hardwire power kit but it is on backorder. Probably due to the fact you need it if you want to use the time date function. :(

Hi Glen,

Just making a follow up on this, do you already have the hardwired kit and has this issue been resolved now?

Ally

Allyasked

I’m trying to pair Elinz magnetic headphones to a new phone but i can’t discover them. What can I do?

Hi Ally,

Thank you for your query. If you are using an Iphone please set it to be discoverable 1st also same if you are using an android unit. Be sure as well that the headphones are fully charged when pairing. Let us know if this helps.

Leon

Leonasked

Hi, I have just installed an Elinz roof mount DVD player, my vehicle switches negative therefore the lights are staying turning on when the car is locked, and wont turn off in normal operation. Is there a switch to reverse polarity?

Hi Leon,

For this setup, you may choose to turn off the light from the actual unit itself so it does not stay ON all the time. Depending on the model of the roof mount you have, they have different switches.

Ziggy Jane

Ziggy Janeasked

Hi trying to get the 10.1” headrest DVD players to play the same thing but can’t get it to go. Is there a button or setting to choose this please?

Hi Ziggy,

Thank you for the query. To allow the unit to do this, you must 1st link them together. screen 1 connect screen 2 to AV out then screen 2 Av in then 1st screen should be on DVD mode while screen 2 on AV mode.

Mark S

Mark Sasked

Can Elina dash cam connect to iPhone via app??

Karen
Karen

Don't know don't have an iphone

Brian Tomkins
Brian Tomkins

never brought one so would not have a clue ask the manufacture.

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. There is no option to sync Iphone or Android phones to our dashcams eve with the use of any Application. Dash cams are stand alone system and operate on their own, there are some dash cams that cam hook up to a wifi connection, so far that is how far it can go.

Jason N

Jason Nasked

I have got a headrest dvd screen and trying to play movies via usb i have formatted to avi also mp4 will not play keeps telling me unsupported resolution format any ideas would be great?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your query. Please check on the resolution of the movie, the accepted resolution is on this link: http://www.elinz.com.au/assets/images/video-format-table.jpg

kgn

kgnasked

Hi - I bought a dc dual dash cam - the rear camera image and recording are reversed - so that left is shown on the right and right on the left. how can I rectify this?

K

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. The rear camera included with this kit normally presents itself as mirrored image. This is normal as with any other reversing cameras out there. Although some sets can reverse the image as preferred. You can check under setting on the dash cam if you have an option to revert the image from the rear camera. We can also send you an updated user manual for reference on this. Please just send us your email.

Samone B

Samone Basked

I have an elinz d321m17 I got out of the car turned it back on and it has changed language and the radio doesn't work? How can I fix this?

Hi There,

Thank you for your query. Please try and perform reset on the unit by pressing and holding the reset hole infront of the unit to refresh its settings.

Mark H

Mark Hasked

Hi there. I have a roofmount dvd
We have fitted it and the reading lights will not turn off when the unit is running.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your query. try to check if you can manually turn OFF the dome lights by pressing them. If not, the yellow wire is the dome light, you may just connect them to the door light so it only turns ON when you decide to do so.

Get an answer from our members and Elinz representatives