Elite Singles

Elite Singles Questions & Answers

26 questions from our users

Laine

Laineasked

How do i block a person from seeing my profile?

Milton H.
Milton H.

You cannot block your own profile. Ask to be removed from dating site. Taken off. Report it to authorities if you have to. Can not put your life in danger. They have to listen. Make them listen.

Judy S.

Judy S.asked

i accidently deleted my smile i sent now I cant see the persons profile, how do i find his profile again

Robert
Robert

Hi Judy,
Try and see if you can view your recent members you looked at on the site.

Ron

Ronasked

Can I hide my profile for a while when I am not available - not delete

Queenie
Queenie

Yes I believe so - have a look under your account profile details - there is an option to opt for this

Shirleyasked

Looked at the grid for Best Dating Sites 2020. Elite is placed second. Does not deserve it from this sampling of Australian experiences making an abysmal rating. Wonder who does the 'independent' survey? Definitely not "Word of Mouth" recommendation like restaurants have. It's a service - why not?

Private
Private

Don't sign up with Elite Singles. I'm getting matched with people outside my criteria and only one person a day. Very often being matched with those who have no photo on their profile too.
Once you sign up, you will NOT be able to get a refund

suzy.leavy
suzy.leavy

Absolutely don’t sign up. So expensive. Incredibly I finally managed to get a refund on the 2nd 6months that was automatically collected but only because I saw someone else recommend that you can request it via PayPal. Once I did that they refunded straight away (after ages of emailing them unsuccessfully)

Shirley

Hi Suzy, what a disappointment but forewarned is forearmed. Most of these dating businesses operate from out of Australia. RSVP is owned by Fairfax Media therefore owned by Channel 9. The pick of the crop on their Top 100 give you an indication of what's there. 3/4+ of them are interstate the last time I looked. Ho hum! All the best to you.

chris

chrisasked

How will i know if i have been blocked from using my elite single account because i no longer receive messages or matches anymore

Grahamasked

Unsubscribe me now

Grahamasked

I can't unsubscribe from this site

Graham

I want to unsubscribe from this site it doesn't provide what it advertises

Graham

How do I unsubscribe scribe it's not accepting my messages

Daz
Daz

Delete every photo and all of your info and then change your email address to a fake one.

Jodie L.

Jodie L.asked

I have found that the majority of my matches have no photos.
They say to ask for a photo.
This I think is so stupid and allows players to thrive.
Yes, expensive for so little.
Do you agree??

Sally

Elite singles is a total rip off. Dont waste your money! I keep getting men presented to me from interstate which is completely useless & they are usually about 10 years older than I am looking for. I have paid $100+ for the membership & have had absolutely no value whatsoever out of it. So I have put it down to experience & have absolutely nothing good to say about this site! Pretty annoyed!!!

Graham

Same here and I can't get through to cancel my subscription

pathetic

patheticasked

So can I put a block on my card or should I order a new card to prevent them renewing my membership

Sally

Id put a block on your card for them. The site is useless & a total rip off. It used to be good a few years ago but not the case now.

Cat
Cat

I agree-a few years ago I had no problems with them. Now...I paid for a subscription which suddenly stopped access to the website after a few hours. It took 7 emails to get them to admit they had provided ‘a wrong account name’ and have agreed to fix the error for me...however, they refuse to send more than one email a day to me, so I’ve now been waiting 7 days for this error to be fixed. Such a waste of money!

Disappointedasked

Has anyone taken this dodgy company on under Australian consumer standards?

Jo O.
Jo O.

I'd like to, they are threatening me with legal action if I don't pay the renewal subscription (wtf), I haven't been in for ages (this is a trap). I don't knbow where to go from here...

Tiger

Tigerasked

Hi Everyone.
Elite Singles
I have been messaging a person but now i get their messages but they don’t get mine. any ideas what’s going on?
If anyone could help

Disappointed

They are not registered probably and won’t receive ur msg even until the join, or it’s a scam and it’s just to suck u in, sorry but that’s been my experience

Sal

Salasked

Hi my name is Salvatore.
I cancelled my subscription last year before my line was up
How i have my money back ?

Christineasked

I am so devastated, as I deleted A perfect match, by accident what can I do?

Hi Christine,

Once you delete a match you are permanently blocking them. However one of the consequences of what happened to me is when I had my account deleted, (I had to join again and re-answered all the questions.) was alot of the matches that I had previously deleted came back because I was a "new" member. I am sure i did not answer everything the same way, as I was not in the greatest of moods. I have also seen multiple accounts (maybe they used a different email address) but I do not know if that is against their terms and conditions, it probably is. So possibly the only thing to do is delete your account and start again, a reboot as it were. Once you find him, let him know and get his contact details early.

Let us know if that works for you.

Good luck.

Christine

Thank you so much, that is so helpful it was very kind of you, and I wish you all the best, take care Christine

Christine

Thanks have rejoined Done exactly what you said it’s been two days now and he has not come up, but a lot of the other people came upI recognise that I deleted, but I had messaged him quite a lot, do you think they would notice that when you rejoin with new name candy figure that out thank you and thanks so much for helping me.

Jamesasked

Has anyone else had their account deemed "Suspicious" by elite and as such have them send emails to every match you had contact with and tell them that you are Suspicious and to not communicate with you ??

Max

Maxasked

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Jose

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

Lorri
Lorri

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

Jose

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

LCK

LCKasked

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

Unhappyjo
Unhappyjo

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

LizaS
LizaS

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Hatevaya

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

johneasked

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

Brisbane
Brisbane

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

johne

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

Hatevaya

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

Anne

Anneasked

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Minnie
Minnie

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

Very annoyed

Very annoyedasked

I cannot believe what has happened to me. I have contacted the police. I am then going to go on to Scam watch and report Elite Singles. I then will be going to ACORN.gov.au and report them there. It will take up to 6 weeks of investigation and the federal police will be involved. This website needs to be shut down as innocent people are been hurt by this corrupt website.

Shelley
Shelley

Hi there, I also agree, this site is absolutely terrible and I think we should all bond together and get them shut down. I almost went to Australian consumer affairs but gave up because im time poor. I got 2/3 of my money back when I wrote to them.

La2
La2

I agree they're charging me for soneguing that I had already canceled. Now there threading ne to send a debt collector which I think is another scam I won't pay for it and full stop!

LsarahS
LsarahS

Has anything been done by police/watchdog/lawyers at this point? I reported them to ACCC but I want to do more! Does anyone have any media contacts or influential online/TV friends who can give this some public coverage?

E girl

E girlasked

Has anyone ever successfully get their EliteSingle membership fee back?
I regretted i didn't read these reviews before i join & paid :(
I paid $300 for 6 months by my debit card about 3 weeks ago.
Now I'm worry that they will auto deduct another $300 for 6 more months' fee.
Can anyone please advise me.

Looking4truth

Hi Egirl, forget it no money back! Same happened to me, very disappointed. I sent them an email and the only thing they did was cancel the automatic renewal, please make sure you do that. It's a really bad site. Good luck! L4T

AJ1
AJ1

Just make sure you cancel before the renewal kicks in if you don't want to continue. They won't refund

Other Online Dating Sites