Elna Sew Fun

3.3

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

BecxxWestern Australia

Not bad but hard to use for a beginner

Can’t expect much for the price but made a mistake thinking it would be good for a beginner but with a slight press of the foot the machine goes way too fast. I couldn’t sew straight when first began. Using my mums old pfaff machine worked like a dream and a lot more user friendly and so much less touchy with the foot. The sew fun just zooms and it’s so easy to make mistakes. Pity cause the rest of the machine is good. Its just the foot pedal.

Purchased at My Layby for A$399.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Beginner
Cindy Taylah Barics

Cindy Taylah BaricsNorth Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Machine

Easy to use! Best budget buy! Easy threading and is a no fuss option for your first sewing machine! Using it for patchwork and love it!
Light weight yet very sturdy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Lincraft for A$80.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Intermediate

2 years going strong

Great for beginners, have been using it for 2 years now and can't complain! Love the options and accessories it comes with. Have been using it for making baby clothes, toys and other items, also for mending clothes. Always easy to set up and easy to use. It can be used with a wide range of materials as well!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Elna Sew Fun compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Misses stitches at its best!

The machine is loud it disturbs my down stairs neighbour! Then it moves out of position due to vibration.
The tension has to be constantly adjusted along with needle changes, even when sewing similar types of fabric.
It jams up and breaks thread often.
No fun, at times VERY stressful.
Being given a different machine!!

Date PurchasedJan 2013
MarG

MarGMelbourne

Great for beginners

Has all the basic stitches. Easy to thread, operate and light enough to carry with ease. Manual is written clearly and has easy to follow diagrams. Other accessories and parts can be found through eBay or ordered through spotlight stores. No speed control for stitch speed. As I said, good, basic and great for beginners and novice sewers like me

Date PurchasedJun 2012
Lyn

LynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't even think about buying the Elna 1000..

Barely used and now the tension problem can't be fixed. Stitches are slipping. I can't get a straight line and the lower tension is too loose. Have tried every combination of stitch size and tension. Have cleaned and oiled (and BTW the manual does not tell you how to oil it). Have changed the needle. Have checked and cleaned the feed dog. And I am 33 days out of warranty. Complete waste of money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

can't sew 1m without stuffing up

Date PurchasedJan 2015
gavink7

gavink7SUNSHINE COAST

No good ...

Simple basic machine. Within 5 years the machine stopped feeding forward the material - it was not used much so is like new. It was bought as a gift from my mother to my wife, however we were unable to find the receipt from Spotlight to have it repaired under warranty. A pity that we cannot get it repaired under warranty. I'm sure it can be fixed easily, however Spotlight only keep customer records for 3 months.

JB01Queensland, Australia

Good little machine but poor customer service

The machine is good for the price. I was having some trouble with it (probably due to inexperience) and can't find my owner's manual. I contacted Elna and asked if they could point me to where I can download a copy. They responded by telling my they would send one out to me if I paid $22. I can't believe in this day and age they don't have their books available on line. I can access the manual to many of my other household items on line. I'm sorry Elna but I refuse to pay such a ridiculous amount...seems like a money grab to me.
Well priced, basic machine.
Thread was catching underneath. I'm not sure waht was wrong as I don't have teh manual. A friend checked it over and got it working.

shortysmum

http://www.4shared.com/rar/AKFsHwiT/Elna_Sew_Fun_Sewing_Machine_In.html# here you will find the manual

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Elna Sew Fun compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

I love my sew fun

This is a great machine for beginners. It has all the basic functions. If you are wanting to do really fancy stitching then I would suggest a more advanced machine. I have had mine for about 5 years or so. It has been very reliable. I've used it for clothing, button holes, zips, zig-zag and straight stitching.
It has been very reliable. Instructions good.

JB01

I'm looking for the Instruction Manual for the Sew Fun, I contacted Elna and they want $22 for it. Can anyone help with finding it on-line?

bazil.lee.1
bazil.lee.1

kyliekins

kyliekinsQLD, 4054

Great for beginners

I bought this machine a few years ago when I wanted to start making my kids clothes. I chose the Elna because I knew it was a great brand, and spotlight had this mahcine on sale at the time.
It is great for a beginnner, the bobbin is easy to thread, and the instruction booklet is great. It sews most fabrics, although does struggle a little with thicker fabrics. It was a great machine to use to remember the basics of sewing again.
The only negative is that the throat of the machine is not quite big enough if your doing bigger projects, such as quilts.
Easy to use, reliable
thraot of the machine is a little to small for bigger sized projects.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Can see the same one. Think its almost the same as the ELNA 1000 and 2000.

But it may be similar to the 2002 or the 2110. Hope this is helpful. Can read online or download.

Amy M

Amy Masked

Hi, I can’t remove the top cover, in order to oil my recently bought Elna 1000. I took out the 3 screws (1 on the side, and 2 in the top on either side of the handle; as indicated in the manual) but the cover only lifts slightly on the right, and something doesn’t allow any movement on the left end. Any clues anyone, please?

Julesasked

My cheap Elena Model no EL2000 is so slow chugging along. Sews ok but need more speed any suggestions

Becxx

Seems like they must really vary cause mine is super fast. Whether they can adjust it if you get it serviced Im not sure. It would be good to know.

Jules

Yes I must have something to do with the foot control I’d say. I’ll let you know if I find out

Jules

Going to order a new speed control pedal from eBay they are not expensive I will let you know if it makes a difference l

Lynne

Lynneasked

Hi, questions can i bask or float on my Air Artist machine, some of my towels & hand towels keep slipping out of the hoop. Also can i buy other size hoops for that machine .