Elna Sew Fun

Elna Sew Fun

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cindy Taylah Barics

Cindy Taylah BaricsNorth Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Machine

Easy to use! Best budget buy! Easy threading and is a no fuss option for your first sewing machine! Using it for patchwork and love it!
Light weight yet very sturdy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Lincraft for $80.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Intermediate

2 years going strong

Great for beginners, have been using it for 2 years now and can't complain! Love the options and accessories it comes with. Have been using it for making baby clothes, toys and other items, also for mending clothes. Always easy to set up and easy to use. It can be used with a wide range of materials as well!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Misses stitches at its best!

The machine is loud it disturbs my down stairs neighbour! Then it moves out of position due to vibration.
The tension has to be constantly adjusted along with needle changes, even when sewing similar types of fabric.
It jams up and breaks thread often.
No fun, at times VERY stressful.
Being given a different machine!!

Date PurchasedJan 2013

MarGMelbourne

Great for beginners

Has all the basic stitches. Easy to thread, operate and light enough to carry with ease. Manual is written clearly and has easy to follow diagrams. Other accessories and parts can be found through eBay or ordered through spotlight stores. No speed control for stitch speed. As I said, good, basic and great for beginners and novice sewers like me

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Don't even think about buying the Elna 1000..

Barely used and now the tension problem can't be fixed. Stitches are slipping. I can't get a straight line and the lower tension is too loose. Have tried every combination of stitch size and tension. Have cleaned and oiled (and BTW the manual does not tell you how to oil it). Have changed the needle. Have checked and cleaned the feed dog. And I am 33 days out of warranty. Complete waste of money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

can't sew 1m without stuffing up

Date PurchasedJan 2015

gavink7

gavink7SUNSHINE COAST

No good ...

Simple basic machine. Within 5 years the machine stopped feeding forward the material - it was not used much so is like new. It was bought as a gift from my mother to my wife, however we were unable to find the receipt from Spotlight to have it repaired under warranty. A pity that we cannot get it repaired under warranty. I'm sure it can be fixed easily, however Spotlight only keep customer records for 3 months.

JB01Queensland, Australia

Good little machine but poor customer service

The machine is good for the price. I was having some trouble with it (probably due to inexperience) and can't find my owner's manual. I contacted Elna and asked if they could point me to where I can download a copy. They responded by telling my they would send one out to me if I paid $22. I can't believe in this day and age they don't have their books available on line. I can access the manual to many of my other household items on line. I'm sorry Elna but I refuse to pay such a ridiculous amount...seems like a money grab to me.
Well priced, basic machine.
Thread was catching underneath. I'm not sure waht was wrong as I don't have teh manual. A friend checked it over and got it working.

shortysmum

http://www.4shared.com/rar/AKFsHwiT/Elna_Sew_Fun_Sewing_Machine_In.html# here you will find the manual

I love my sew fun

This is a great machine for beginners. It has all the basic functions. If you are wanting to do really fancy stitching then I would suggest a more advanced machine. I have had mine for about 5 years or so. It has been very reliable. I've used it for clothing, button holes, zips, zig-zag and straight stitching.
It has been very reliable. Instructions good.

JB01

I'm looking for the Instruction Manual for the Sew Fun, I contacted Elna and they want $22 for it. Can anyone help with finding it on-line?

bazil.lee.1
bazil.lee.1

kyliekins

kyliekinsQLD, 4054

Great for beginners

I bought this machine a few years ago when I wanted to start making my kids clothes. I chose the Elna because I knew it was a great brand, and spotlight had this mahcine on sale at the time.
It is great for a beginnner, the bobbin is easy to thread, and the instruction booklet is great. It sews most fabrics, although does struggle a little with thicker fabrics. It was a great machine to use to remember the basics of sewing again.
The only negative is that the throat of the machine is not quite big enough if your doing bigger projects, such as quilts.
Easy to use, reliable
thraot of the machine is a little to small for bigger sized projects.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Can see the same one. Think its almost the same as the ELNA 1000 and 2000.

But it may be similar to the 2002 or the 2110. Hope this is helpful. Can read online or download.