Elysian Energy

Elysian Energy

Brand Manager for Elysian Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
  • Rates and Fees

vish
vishAU

Poor customer service

Even after 2 months of applying for new electricity connection, multiple phone calls and emails; Elysian energy were unable to activate electricity connection at my home. Very poor communication from their side. Finally I requested my application for electricity connection and went to Origin energy who connected the house within 48 hours with awesome trial of emails to update me about every step.

Terrible Customer Service

We have had Elysian Electricity for over 2 years. I like the monthly billing and being able to look up usage and solar feed in on a half hourly basis. However, that is the end of the good points.
On several occasions the bill has been wrong due to the wrong pre-paid tarrif. The online usage charts are frequently not updated for days or weeks. For the last few months the invoice is several weeks late.
Following up these issues is made virually impossible because emails are never answered (apart from one time when a completely incorrect reply was given) and the customer "help" line is rarely answered.

Hussein
HusseinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worse ever customer service

Though the rate slightly lower than other retailers but the customer service the worse ever in this industry. To call them take more than 75 mints on hold & finally got in trained customer service do not know what she talking about.when you leave a call back no. no one call you back. Service not worth to use.

William
WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unable to fix trivial billing mistake

I switched to a different provider in July.
Contract terminated on July 5 but they invoiced the plan fee for the month of August.
I notified them immediately but never got an acknowledgement.

When I finally managed to talk with a customer service agent, they are unable to confirm anything in writing and they are unable to confirm by when the mistake will be fixed by the billing department.
In the meanwhile, I keep receiving overdue notices when instead I should be receiving a refund.

Richard
RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Race to the bottom on service

They offer fairly cheap power, which isn't so cheap after you have some experience with their hokey way of billing (flat tiers based on usage with pre-pay every second month).
BUT, thier service is not just poor.. it's non-existent. You will never get a reply to an email, and you will never get through by phone - you cannot contact this company at all. In my case I just wanted to update a credit card (guess what, their online portal doesn't work either).
I found the best way to update payment details was to swap retailers. You may find the best experience is to avoid these guys altogether.

Alex M.
Alex M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If only zero stars were possible! Do not join them the cheap power isn’t worth it!

Rates and Fees
Allison
AllisonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stay Away From This Company

Stay away from this company. The most terrible and incompetent service have ever received! I applied through Elysian Energy to have my electrical service abolished in order to demolish my property. 6 weeks later and a multitude of phone calls, which kept me on hold for 3 plus hours each time, I have been told that the application has STILL not been correctly completed by Elysian. This company has cost me valuable time and money and I am still no closer to getting a result. There is no one to speak to to resolve my problem. I am constantly told I will receive a call back but I am forced to call them again myself because no such call comes. Emails go unanswered. My next step is to contact the Ombudsman.

ServicesElectricity

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
AndrewLT
AndrewLT

A huge disappointment

I went to http://www.energymadeeasy.gov.au. Entered address and NMI number. Results indicated Elysian Energy would give me the best value. I went to https://www.elysianenergy.com.au/. First few attempts to sign up failed - javascript error. Phoned and after a long wait, I was told the IT people were updating their website. A week later, I managed to sign up but apart from an automated email response, nothing happened after a 10-day cooling-off period. Nobody responded to messages and the 1300 number is disconnected. Customer service is terrible. IT systems are useless.

The Last Express
The Last ExpressCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling customer "service"

Andrew
AndrewSouth-East, TAS

They clearly don’t want customers

I was looking for a greener energy provider. I live in Tasmania and there are a very limited numbers of energy providers, unlike other states. Elysian services Tasmania and prides themselves on green, cheap energy. However, their website is broken. It is impossible to sign up for an energy plan. I’ve tried different devices and web browsers, but still get the same error when I try and select a plan (screenshot attached). I contacted them a week ago about this issue and haven’t heard back.

If that’s how they treat prospective customers, imagine how they treat actual customers. Just don’t bother. Avoid.

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bait & Switch - didn't even get to first bill before 50% increase in usage charges

Absolute disgrace. Signed up from pricing at victorianenergycompare, received a contract that matched those same rates, filled in all direct debit and other forms, set up MY Account etc and when I received my very first bill, the rate had literally gone up about 50% for All Usage (approx 20c to 30c per kw/h).

Contact them, of course, quoted contract, and was glibly told that the rates could change at any time, and they yep, a rate change had taken place. But 50%??

Shortest I've even been with an energy retailer.

At the moment, they do not even come up in the "compare" sites, so I'm not sure about this mob at all.

Massively disappointed, and feel scammed.

brookechook83
brookechook83AU

First Month in And Im Leaving Due to Poor Customer Service

ServicesElectricity

Brett
BrettSouthwest, VIC

Avoid Elysian Energy

I don't recommend Elysian Energy, like other customers I have had billing issues where I have been incorrectly charged for my usage only to then receive an additional $400 bill out of the blue for the error. My energy bills have ended up being significantly higher than my previous provider despite their claim of a smaller per kw charge. Their customer service is atrocious and the manager I spoke to in relation to the issue was rude. I have changed to another provider and now have the battle of getting my final bill updated before Elysian Energy direct debit my last bill so I don't have to chase them for a refund due to the way they make you pay for your energy plan in advance.

Grandpa.Ears
Grandpa.Ears

Insanely complex invoicing and wrong, wrong, wrong

Arthur
ArthurGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good straight forward plans, but very poor customer support