Emerald Energy All-in-One Heat Pump

Emerald Energy All-in-One Heat Pump Questions & Answers

philipjones95
philipjones95 · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

Does the fan on the Emerald 270L's water heat pump run continuously. Had mine installed today and after 5hours the fan is still running. It's quite noisy at night. I was told by the person that installed the unit the fan stop after water heats up. Like a gas unit.

David M.
David M.

No it doesn't. I needs to run when it is heating up.

Lhan
Lhan

I never noticed it running for that long, I guess it is the initial intake of water in the tank, it has a bigger tank compared to my normal gas one that is probably it took longer to heat all that water.
But once it’s all within the set operating temp, the unit will turn off and will only turn on again if the water temp in tank goes below the set figure which 60 deg in mine.
Best to download the app so you can set it to quiet mode at night or get that boost mode if you need it to heat the water faster than normal in case too many are using it. Cheers Al

Helen
Helen · All-in-One Heat Pump 220L EE-HWS-A1-220E

HI, before a had the 220L EE-HWS-A1-220E installed I asked your rep directly "can it be connected to off peak electric" His reply was yes, just ask the electrician to do it. After the unit was installed I asked the electrician to connect it to off peak (as was my old hot water system) His reply was "no it cant be connected to off peak". My Question is "CAN I OR CAN IT NOT BE CONNECTED TO OFF PEAK SUPPLY".

George K.

Vinay
Vinay

Hi George,
I'm not a tech expert but I setup the timer on the unit to turn it off at nights and turn it on during day times. I also have solar installed hence I save on electricity by operating only during the day. You could also try this with the Emerals app. Please check this with your supplier.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi George, Thank you for reaching out.
Our system must be installed on a dedicated circuit on the main line of the house and cannot be connected to the off-peak circuit. However, it can be set up on timers, allowing users to determine when the system operates.
We recommend setting up the system on a timer that aligns with the off-peak tariff to maximize efficiency and cost savings.
For personalized assistance in setting up the timer functionality, please reach out to us directly through our contact page at external link .

Errol
Errol · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

What is the cost of regular heat pump maintenance to maintain manufacturers warranty if done every 6 months as prescribed. This all adds to the cost and eventually the heating compatibility of the Unit

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Errol, Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry.

The cost of maintenance varies based on factors such as the specific model of your heat pump and any additional services required.

We encourage you to reach out to us directly at external link  so we can better assess your maintenance needs.

Jeffery G.
Jeffery G. · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270

Where is the Emerald heat pump made

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Jeffery, Thank you for reaching out with your question regarding our Emerald Energy Heat pump. We're delighted to assist you with your inquiry.
Emerald Energy's systems are meticulously crafted in Australia to cater to the specific demands of the Australian climate. Our product development team is responsible for designing and engineering these systems, with components sourced globally. Our systems are manufactured in China, utilising these components and adhering to our unique design philosophies.
Should you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our dedicated Support team using the link below.
Feel free to reach out to us anytime at external link .

Gabriel · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

How many simultaneous showers can be had in a family of 4 with the 270E? Generally with instant boost (gas) only one can shower with good water flow and heat. Any other showers or taps direct heat away / lessens the heat.

Ian H.
Ian H.

No idea sorry

Frustrated
Frustrated

4 showers in a row No problem

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Gabriel, Thank you for reaching out to us and we understand the importance of reliable hot water supply, especially for a family of four.

Regarding your inquiry, the 270E is designed to provide hot water efficiently for multiple fixtures simultaneously. While the instant boost feature ensures a comfortable shower experience for one person, it's understandable that you're seeking assurance for simultaneous usage.

Typically, with proper installation and usage, the 270E can support multiple showers running simultaneously. However, factors such as water pressure, temperature settings, and the condition of plumbing fixtures can influence the performance.

We're committed to providing you with the best possible experience, and we value your feedback as it helps us improve our products and services.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out at external link .

Thanks for the response.

You're welcome

Matt S. · All-in-One Heat Pump

Hi there - I had the all in one 220l (no boost/E) installed on Friday….extremely happy but…
:- I’ve tried to turn the water down on the unit but it stays at 60deg. (Arrow down doesn’t lower temp) Is this normal? I can’t do it from the app either.

I understand it heats to 60deg to kill bacteria but surely it only needs to do it once a day then go to a set temp like 55 deg like I’m trying to put into unit display but won’t let me.. can it be done??

Also I set the 3 timers on unit the same 9-4pm to work with my solar … then I figured out how to do smart actions on the app.
I set this too come on at 11-4pm.

Will this smart action on app override the unit timer - or do I need to turn timer off on the unit display and the app smart action will just work..

Help me please :):)

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Matt, Thank you for your enthusiasm about your new All-in-One Heat Pump! Regarding your questions:

1. Adjusting Temperature: You should be able to adjust the water temperature directly on the unit, although not from the app. If the temperature isn't changing when you attempt to adjust it, this might mean the display is locked. We recommend reaching out to our support team, who will be happy to assist you in unlocking this feature so you can adjust the temperature to your preferred setting.

2. Timers vs. Smart Actions: For your convenience, we recommend sticking to the smart actions available through the app for scheduling when your heat pump operates. In your case, it's best to disable the timers on the unit and utilise the app for all your scheduling needs. This approach simplifies control and ensures your heat pump runs exactly when you need it to, especially in alignment with your solar setup.

For further assistance on this matter, please reach out to our support team directly at external link , and we would be happy to help.

Matt S.

Hi there… thanks so much for your reply.. ok I’ve just figured out how to do it and I’ve dropped it to 55 deg… see how that goes…
Ive turned timer off on unit and just using the app..

Love this unit .. its amazing..

Thanks,

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Matt, You're welcome. Fantastic to hear you've successfully adjusted your settings and are now fully enjoying your Heat Pump!

If you have a moment, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could share your positive experience in a review. Your feedback not only helps us but also guides others in making informed decisions about their Heat Pump needs.

Thank you for being a part of our community,

Mark B. · All-in-One Heat Pump

Had the 270L with boost(EE-HWS-A1-270E i think) Installed 5 days ago. Temp was initially set to 60C. Its a lot hotter than older unit and we don't use much hot water so i set temperature to 50C. The display panel and log in app both show this. 50C.
Last 4 morning in a row at 8am the log in the app shows the device changed temp to 60C and it starts heating. Once it reaches this temperature after about an hour the device then changes back to 50C.

Why is my temperature setting being overridden daily and making me waste power? How do i fix this

RMeakins
RMeakins

Hi Mark, I also have the Emerald heat pump hot water system. I'm not an expert, but there are actually regulations requiring that hot water heaters use a minimum of 60 degree temperatures. Lower than this can allow Legionella bacteria to grow in the tank. I would guess.that there is a feature that automatically heats the water to this temperature for safety reasons.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Mark, We want to clarify that the automatic adjustment of the water temperature to 60°C, despite being set to a lower temperature, is a necessary safety feature. This is designed to prevent the growth of Legionella bacteria, ensuring the health and safety of our customers, as highlighted by the regulations mentioned by RMeakins.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding of the importance of these safety features. If you have further questions or require assistance in optimising your unit's performance while adhering to safety standards, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at external link .

Mark B.

Ok that makes sense. i had no idea that was a thing.
Thank you RMeakins and Emerald Energy

Matt · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

If I use smart actions to turn the heat pump on/off during the day , to utilise solar , does that mean I do not need to have timers set on the unit ? if so how do I clear all timers on the unit ? and is using smart actions the best way to use the heat pump ?

Val E.
Val E.

Hello Matt, No timers are needed on the unit. Smart actions are triggered automatically, i.e. Switch-on at 11:00 am and Switch-off at 7 pm. You will receive notifications on the smart phone. So far it worked out very well for me. Timers on the unit are cancelled by setting the on and off time to be the same.

thanks Val

Emerald Energy   DM

Absolutely, Matt. Val's advice is spot on. Using smart actions with your heat pump means you don't need manual timers, and his method to clear existing timers by matching the on and off times is correct. Smart actions are indeed an efficient way to operate your heat pump, especially to align with solar power usage. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at external link , who will be able to assist you with any technical enquiries.

davrown
davrown · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

Our heat pump water heater was installed two weeks ago. I set up the timer on the unit panel to come on at 0630. although it appears in the Wi-Fi-connected smart log of the App, it has only occurred once, as shown in the APP activity log. Also, I set the water temperature on the unit to 55 degrees Celsius, down from 60 degrees Celsius. The App does not show the change, although the activity log does, and when the unit starts, it heats back to 60C and shows this on the unit panel. The activity log shows a reversion back to 55C after the water heats to 60C and this shows on the unit panel. Am I doing something wrong? On normal operation, the unit panel shows a flashing sterilisation icon. Is this normal? I await your reply.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Davrown, Thank you for reaching out. We're committed to ensuring your heat pump operates flawlessly and appreciate the opportunity to address and resolve your concerns. For a detailed understanding of your Heat Pump's behaviour and to receive the best technical support, please reach out to our support team directly at external link . They are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks again,

Mark B.

I got my unit installed 5 days ago and have this exact same issue.
Daily at 8am the device changes the temperature to 60 degrees, heats up to this temp, then reverts to 50 degree i have it set at.
How do i fix this?

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Mark, We want to clarify that the automatic adjustment of the water temperature to 60°C, despite being set to a lower temperature, is a necessary safety feature. This is designed to prevent the growth of Legionella bacteria, ensuring the health and safety of our customers.

peter.madden.9
peter.madden.9

So we are stuck at 60deg no matter what ?

Manjit Singh
Manjit Singh · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270

I have Emerald EE-HWS-A1-270 system installed today. Just curious to know that will it function automatically or do we manually need to turn it on and off?

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Manjit, Thank you for reaching out. The system will function automatically, so there is no need for you to manually turn it on and off.

We hope you enjoy your new Heat Pump.

Thanks again,

Growles
Growles · All-in-One Heat Pump

I’m interested in the hot pump option but my neighbour has one fitted and seems to operate quite often and is pretty noisy,especially as our unit position would be between 2 bedrooms so I am worried about noise in particular.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Growles, Thank you for reaching out. Considering that the proposed unit location is between two bedrooms, it's valid to be concerned about potential disturbances.

The operating noise level of our Heat Pumps is 49 decibels, which is equivalent to the sound of light to moderate rainfall. This level of noise is generally considered to be on the quieter side for such equipment.

As a potential solution, you might consider scheduling the operation of your Heat Pump to run during the day. While this can help in reducing any disturbance during night-time, it's important to note that running the Heat Pump during off-peak hours (typically at night) can be more energy-efficient and cost-effective. Thus, choosing daytime operation might slightly reduce these efficiencies.

We hope this information helps in making an informed decision that balances your comfort with energy efficiency. If you require any further information, please let us know.

Chris W.
Chris W. · All-in-One Heat Pump

Does the Emerald 270 have to be hardwired in or does it plug into a PowerPoint?

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Chris, The All-In-One Heat Pump is available in two versions: one with an Electric Element and another without it.

For the version without the Electric Element, installation is straightforward – it can be plugged directly into a standard 10 amp general purpose outlet (GPO).

In contrast, the version with the Electric Element requires a more involved setup. It must be hardwired to a 16 amp dedicated circuit breaker.

WoodenEye · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

hey all, I've made enquiries about this heat pump and finally had a call back to discuss pricing. I was called by a mob called 'Carbon Savers'. Has anyone else dealt with them for the Emerald Heat Pump HW system? The whole conversation was odd, they tried to sell me a payment system for the Heat Pump, tried to dissuade me from the 270E with backup electric heater, and three times confused which state I was in. I was also asked a number of intrusive questions about household income (which I declined to answer) and number of rooms and people in the house and whose names were on the rates notice.
This is now pushing me to another brand as I'm not confident with dealing with a company that can't take on board my details from the introductory conversation and who tells me they employ their own installers who are electricians (no mention of plumbers) and couldn't tell me if they were local to me. They wanted $2400 after rebates for the 270 WITHOUT the electric booster (but told me this one does boost the hw?? I am so confused now).
If EMERALD can please explain if this is legit and why am I being pushed to a different unit to the one highly reviewed here ?
thanks

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi WoodenEye, Thank you for reaching out. Carbon Savers is a trusted installation partner of Emerald. When personal questions are asked about household income, the number of people and rooms in the house, and the names on the rates notice, this is typically to determine eligibility for government rebates and incentives, and to ensure that the heat pump system you receive is the most suitable for your specific needs.

Regarding the product options, the difference between the E and non-E models of our Heat Pumps are as follows:

- The 270 E model (EE-HWS-A1-270E) includes an electric heating element. When boosted, this feature allows for quicker water heating and a faster recovery rate. However, this can impact energy efficiency slightly due to the additional electric element.

- The non-E model (EE-HWS-A1-270) does not have an electric heating element. When boosted, it still provides improved heating efficiency by increasing the work rate of the system. However, this will not be as rapid as the electric boost in the E model.

We recommend you make a decision about choosing a non-E vs E model based on your personal preference and circumstances.

Should you require further assistance, please contact us directly at external link , and our team would be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Belal H.
Belal H.

Can anyone of Emerald let me know that Emerald 270L's Tank have any vacuum flask protection?

Alan
Alan

I just paid outright so only got the required questions to ensure the 270E was the correct fit for my place. All went to plan through to installation. The Rates Notice query would be required to get the Govt Rebate to ensure no double dipping etc for any property.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Belal, The Emerald 270L Heat Pump employs a different approach to insulation and efficiency:

1. The tank is made of diamond enamel, which is noted for having better insulation properties compared to stainless steel. This material improves heat retention and efficiency.

2. The system uses air pressure to ensure that cold air does not enter the system, maintaining the desired temperature by preventing external temperature influences.

These features maximise the performance of the system by enhancing efficiency. They achieve the same outcome of reducing heat loss and maintaining temperature stability.

David B.
David B. · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270

RE: New Heat Pump EE-HWS-A1-270 installed 11/01/24. Working well so far.
o The tank temperature is 60deg C. I know this is important to prevent legionnaire's disease.
o But the output temperature is too high: also 60 deg C. I need to drop the output temperature to 50 deg C. I understand I do this using the orange mixer knob.
o On this orange knob, does the -- (minus) on the curved arrow on the front of the orange knob mean 'to lower the output temperature turn this way' (clockwise), or 'to mix less cold water turn this way' (clockwise)? o Also, how sensitive it this knob? Eg how many degrees change will I get if I turn the knob 1/4 turn? And will this change be virtually immediate? (I have a hot water tap 1.5m of pipe from the orange knob.)
NOTES: 1. Installers should explain this to the customer!!
2. I am learning how to use the control panel and the App, so I know how to check the internal tank temperature.
3. I am measuring the output temperature at the nearest hot tap using a large mug and two laboratory thermometers.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi David, Thank you for reaching out with your questions regarding the temperature settings on your new All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270. We're glad to hear that the unit is working well for you so far.

We can see you've reached out to us with this enquiry directly through our support form. Our technical specialists will be happy to assist you, as they are best equipped to handle this matter.

Sunny P.
Sunny P. · All-in-One Heat Pump

I am not able to add the heat pump in the app to control. I tried both Bluetooth and API mode.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Sunny, We are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced with pairing your device.

To resolve this issue, please contact our support team at external link . We look forward to configuring your Heat Pump's Wi-Fi capabilities as soon as possible.

Sash · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

The manual says warranty maybe be void if 6 monthly check and cleaning of the unit is not done. Seems too often to me. Have had electric water units not needing practically no maintenance in the past. The following processes are what concern me...

CHECKING THE ANODE & REPLACING IF REQUIRED
(Frequency: Every Half Year - Replace if required)

CLEANING THE INNER TANK AND ELECTRIC HEATING ELEMENT
(FREQUENCY: EVERY HALF YEAR)

Tim D.
Tim D.

Could someone from emerald energy please address this post? Specifically, how will this requirement affect warranty claims? Will you require proof of servicing to honor your warranty?

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Sash and Tim, Thank you for bringing this warranty information to our attention. We appreciate your concern and would like to assure you that we are looking into these details. Please note that our offices will be closed during the festive period, and we will respond to you promptly early in the new year. We appreciate your understanding during this time.

Sash

I have had Emerald 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E with optional element installed yesterday. I installed the app. I was promised complete control over all functions via the app to schedule boost/standard/silent functions as needed to better utilise my solar. My findings however are disappointing. The temp control is no longer in the app, apparently it was in the past. Smart actions can schedule heat pump on or off, which is useless feature I think as opposed to being able to schedule say Boost function when the sun is usually out say 10am to 3pm etc. I can't even create a boost schedule Nd have it ready for the day. As such buying it with app/Wifi seems money not well spent. If these features are meant to be added, then I don't mind waiting but the advertising has to be corrected

Emerald Energy   DM

Dear Sash and Tim, Thank you for your valuable feedback and queries regarding our All-in-One Heat Pump, and the associated warranty and app functionalities.
Warranty Concerns:
Regarding the maintenance schedule, the recommended checks and cleanings are in place to ensure the longevity and efficiency of your unit. We realise that this may seem frequent compared to traditional electric water heaters, but these steps are crucial for maintaining the advanced technology of our heat pumps. Regarding warranty claims, while regular maintenance is advised, we evaluate each situation on a case-by-case basis. Proof of servicing is helpful but not always mandatory for warranty claims. We aim to be reasonable and understanding of our customers' circumstances.
App Functionality:
Regarding the app functionality, we hear your concerns about the current limitations, specifically the absence of temperature control and detailed scheduling options. Our goal with the app's design was to simplify operations and ensure the system's efficiency and reliability. However, we acknowledge that this might not align perfectly with every user's expectations.
While direct temperature control is not currently available via the app, you can manually adjust it on the unit. Please note frequent temperature adjustments can impact the system's efficiency. As for the boost scheduling feature, its exclusion was a strategic decision to optimise the system's energy efficiency. Frequent boosting can lead to increased energy consumption, which contradicts the unit's energy-saving purpose.
We value user input and are considering reintroducing some of these features in future updates, particularly if we see a consistent demand. Your feedback is instrumental in guiding our development process. We aim to strike a balance between offering comprehensive control options and maintaining the efficiency and simplicity of our systems.
We appreciate your patience as we work to enhance our products and services. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at external link  for any immediate assistance or further clarification.
Thank you for choosing Emerald Energy, and we are committed to ensuring your satisfaction with our product.

Sash

Thanks for your response Emerald Energy Team.

Unfortunately its not good enough!

I brought the unit after reading your website info for temperature and smart control. The reason for buying it and paying extra for both app/wifi control and extra element was to make my life easier. I intend to use app control from within my house to control both temperature and boosting when necessary primarily before I wake up on cold or all of winter mornings or afternoons. I have solar so I plan to schedule it as I need it. Having to walk outside and set this up is silly and if you can do it outside why not on the app? Why make it hard? Don't see the point.

Furthermore you advertise smarts and temperature control(See bottom for links and text) and the only option you have in it is to turn the pump on and off. Wow really!!! I suggest having a look at your website brochure. You cannot advertise one thing and say another once customers have brought your product. I will be asking for full refund including STC credits the installer has claimed, or would be taking this matter to NCAT if my concerns aren't resolved.

As it stands today the wifi is not working. I am not able to connect to it with wifi. I have a smart home with several automations. I can see the unit is connected to my wifi but the app is having trouble with connecting to it, so I need to resolve this as well. I have emailed your support team and hoping they will get back to me asap.

Regarding the maintenance. I know several companies use this to cop out of honoring warranty claims. I am pretty savvy with doing what is required and will be following the instructions on the maintenance doco. I am assuming pictures dated with checks should be enough as there is no mention of having to hire plumbers is stated anywhere. Purpose of bringing this up was to highlight the frequency of maintenance check and wash requirement so other purchasers are aware of this.

This is from your website brochure.

Connect, control and save more with Emerald’s Wi-Fi Hot Water Heat Pump!
EASE OF CONTROL
• Control your water temperature via your mobile phone.
• Turn your heat pump on or off from anywhere, anytime.
MONITORING AND NOTIFICATIONS
• Review your pump's activity log to understand and optimise energy usage patterns.
• Track daily, weekly or monthly energy consumption for better long-term management.
• Optimise water heating patterns so you can reduce wastage and achieve significant
cost savings.
• Get notified if your heat pump encounters an issue.
BOOST MODE
• Tap Boost Mode in app to increase your water temperature
quickly for those urgent needs.
SMART AUTOMATIONS
• Set the heat pump to align with your habits and
preferences, for optimal comfort and maximum savings.
SOLAR SOAKER
• Utilise excess solar energy - the Emerald Wi-Fi
Heat Pump operates at zero cost when there’s
excess solar in your system

WoodenEye

Not sure if this is helpful but with our old heat pump hw system (with no booster)we were able to have plenty of hot water when outside temperatures dropped down to -4’C . This was about 10-15 yrs ago with an older system with old tech. I thought the booster element in these systems was to quickly heat water should you be running low on hot water ?
We only ever ran out of hot water on our ~300L tank when we had a house full of people to stay and lots of showers and baths were run. So this is the main reason I’m currently considering a new heat pump system with a booster element.

Sash

Thanks woodeneye. I know you are trying to help but I have 7 people in the house and trying to ensure I don't run out of hot water after a few showers. Seen it go down to 35 from 60 degrees after 3 adults take their turn so boost is necessary. The point here is I paid for something and have been misled. I am getting reasons like oh we wanna make sure it is efficient etc. Sorry the manufacturer does not get to be my nanny after they sold the product especially when I can do the same thing manually. This feature was advertised and I feel I was duped. This is not a small item like a mobile phone charger I can replace anytime if not happy. I have to put up with it for at least 5 years......

I would say features missing are
1 Temperature control.
2 Boost scheduling and temperature monitoring to stop boosting once temperature achieved.
3 Boost offer when temp falls below certain temperature quickly.
4 Boost between times a and b when sunny etc

Not sure why this product is even advertising as smart. Only thing it can do is turn it on and off via smart.

Day before yesterday I had to get home to reset the wifi on the tank as the wifi plus app were not working and this is two weeks after I set it up. So it would have not turned it on at all if I had it off. Also who turns their hot water off unless they like cold showers or going away for a while......

Emerald Energy   DM

Dear Sash, We hear you and appreciate your feedback. We are very keen to work with you to achieve the best possible outcome, as supporting customers is always our top priority. It's clear from your detailed comments that there are several ways we can assist.
A member of our support team will contact you shortly to discuss your feedback and support in providing resolutions.

Kerri
Kerri

I have been looking to replace my hws with this brand, but won't be now as I'm a techy geek girl and not connecting to WiFi I would be upset as well. Broken promises with cheap machine

Sash

100% Kerri. I spoke to the company rep Adam a few days ago. I advised him the heat pump docos say it can heat to 70 degrees and I want to heat the water to 70 degrees with either boost or solar as needed incase everyone wants to leave the house and with 7 people it's gonna be sketchy. Adam did try to advise me the "regulations" say water can't be heated more than 60 degrees but on probing futher he was talking about the need for tempering valve which had a highest temp allowed of 60degrees. I advised the 70degrees is doable on the EE-HWS-A1-270E(-1) as per their doco. He advised the (-1) means the commercial version. I asked how am I meant to know that?
He also advised they had considered temperature control but we're concerned customers would go lower than what's safe against Legionella control of 60 degrees. I said well you could not allow to go under 60 then, but looks like it can do just the one number 60 degrees but the product document says temperature control on app etc.
Also Adam advised the reason boost is not available for reasons I can't really understand. Why would you peeve off your customers to pacify the government. BTW these are not mandatory requirements either. So the thing is the efficiency of the unit is reduced if you are able to boost more than 24 hours in a go. If the efficiency is reduced the rebates etc are reduced. So they are not able to sell for less utilising the rebates etc. It's like buying the latest Galaxy phone being advertising playability of all games out there, but then saying you can only play games for ten minutes if you want to buy this phone for half the price. Who would buy it? Does not even make sense. I suggested adding boost feature to schedule at least for now with 6 or 8 hour schedule a day if not all hours which should also satisfy whatever silly gov regulations they have signed themselves up to. Adam promised to look into it. For now awaiting his response. For the moment I have to remember to hit the boost button manually everyday or just react to family members complian about cold temperatures.
About the maintainance: Adam advised this requirement is stringent for where water is of poor quality and he will update me since Sydney is considered to have good quality water.

To Emerald: Please understand. In trying to please the government you are going to annoy your customers. The particular issue here is your docos mislead your customers . The product document says and I quote " SMART AUTOMATIONS
• Set the heat pump to align with your habits and preferences, for optimal comfort and maximum savings."
Not sure you understand the meaning of align with your habits and preferences. This product costs a fair bit, the only reason I went with it over Reclaim was due to its compactness other than my mandatory requirements of feature set I wanted in it.

Stu
Stu · All-in-One Heat Pump

Hi, we have a house that runs heating through hydronic (radiators) and is powered by gas. Would one of these heat pumps be able to keep the heating on along with providing showers, and how easy would it be to transfer? thanks

Emerald Energy   DM

Hello Stu, Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry.

Regarding your current setup, our Heat Pump systems are specifically designed to provide hot water, so they are perfectly suited for your shower needs. However, it's important to note that these systems are not intended for air heating and cooling purposes. They won't be compatible with your hydronic radiator system, as they are exclusively for hot water supply in your home.

For more detailed information and to discuss the specifics of installation, I invite you to contact us at support@emeraldenergy.com.au. Please include your contact details and postcode in your message, and we will connect you with a qualified installer who can address your individual installation requirements.

Kim L.
Kim L. · All-in-One Heat Pump

Hi, I just had the 270 installed and was wondering how I could set a single timer for it to run from 10am to 5pm? Currently, when I try to set a timer, the controller panel cycles through three timers, meaning I have to set up three timers before it will save and return to the main menu. I would like to only set a single timer to run the system during the day.

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Kim, Please see our instructions below for setting a single timer on the control panel:

1. On the Control Panel, press the 'Clock' button for 3 seconds to begin setting your Timer. You can set 3 different ON/OFF time periods.

2. Press the 'Up' or 'Down' buttons to interact with the controller timer settings.

3. The No. 1 and hour segment of the timer will be flashing rapidly. Press the 'Up' or 'Down' button, to set the hour in which you want the system to turn ON.

4. After setting the hour you want the system to turn ON, press the 'Clock' button again, and the minutes segment of the timer will begin flashing. Press the 'Up' or 'Down' button to set the minutes of the System 1 timer.

5. After setting the minutes for the System 1 timer period to turn ON, press the 'Clock' button again to enter the OFF setting of the System 1 timer; this is the time the system will turn OFF. The setting method is the same as presented in the steps above.

6. After setting the System 1 timer OFF period, press the 'Clock' button to complete the System 1 timer. The system can have 2 more System timers (2,3). Press the 'Power' button to exit the Timer settings and return to the main interface.

If you require any further assistance with this matter, please reach out to support@emeraldenergy.com.au and our dedicated support team will be able to help resolve any issues.

Allan Horsley
Allan Horsley · All-in-One Heat Pump 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E

Is the Emerald 270L EE-HWS-A1-270E made in Australia

Terry R.
Terry R.

Believe made in China. Am happy w the one I have

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Allan, Our Emerald Energy Heat Pumps are designed and engineered for Australian climates in our Australian head office, and as Terry kindly pointed out, manufacturing takes place in China with componentry sourced globally.

Nuwan L.
Nuwan L. · All-in-One Heat Pump

Hi, I need to know that, can my current Hot water solar panels connect to your Emerald Planet 270L heat pump (To its hot water storage tank)?
(like my current solar/GAS system, so can we replace my current “Pumped gas-boosted hot water system” by Emerald Planet 270L heat pump system, so I can keep and reuse my current Hot water solar panels)

Emerald Energy   DM

Hi Nuwan, While connecting these components is technically feasible, it's important to note that we generally advise against it. To ensure safety and compliance with relevant standards, we strongly recommend consulting a certified plumber to thoroughly evaluate the installation requirements. This step is crucial before moving forward with any decisions to ensure everything is done correctly and safely.

Get an answer from our members and Emerald Energy representatives

Select a listing for your question
Emerald Energy All-in-One Heat Pump