Empire Zoysia Turf

Empire Zoysia Turf

2.7

Gold Coast Garry

Gold Coast GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Does NOT live up to the hype!

I had 350 M2 laid in an open position with a little shade around the edges. I wanted something sun tolerant more than anything. It has established well with heavy watering but does much better in the light shaded areas. The open areas in the sun are burnt to a crisp in no time. It is NOT sun tolerant! Where it is in the semi shade, it is rich and full of colour. It needs a LOT of water! All in all, not worth the additional cost over say a couch.

slanger

slangerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy if you live in Melbourne

When having my front garden landscaped, I chose Empire Zoysia or EZ Grass. Their website says it is the best turf for keeping its colour, supposed to be good at weed suppression too. I have now had it for two seasons. The first winter, my neighbors asked me why my new turf had died....I contacted the Qld based company and they didn't want to know. Said that it was due to excessive cold weather in Melbourne. Second year (warmer) it looked dead too. I am dreading the coming winter....Should have stuck with the Sir Walter Buffalo.

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good turf but doesn't live up to hype

This turf claims to be:
    lawn grub resistant
    Weed resistant
    shade resistant
    drought resistant
    fungus resistant

my experence is that it is definitely NOT lawn grub resistant. it get destroyed every couple of weeks even with killers being used regularly. It is average with weeds. I wouldn't say its bad with them but not as good as they lead you to believe. Shade resistant i would say is good, drought resistant- this is a tough one. It dies off really fast however rebounds well and fast so hard to say. fungus hasn't been a problem yet. Overall i wish i saved apron 50% of the cost and put down couch instead. I don't think this grass performs much better than basic couch (not wintergreen)

Gardening & Landscaping