Listing monitored by Energy Matters

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (0)
  • Purchase Price$6,200.00
Gremlin
GremlinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A test of time that Energy Matters failed miserably

Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't honour warranty.

We have had there solar panels on our roof for one year, cracks where found in two panels. We have rang multiple times and no response do frustrating. We are in the process of going to office of fair trading.
Buyer beware of this company all talk when it comes to there warranty.

Flinders island Bill
Flinders island BillNorth-East, TAS

Faulty Inverters

Have had 2 inverters replaced because they were faulty, now the third one is leaking water, have tried to contact them, Energy matters, still no response as to what to do. Keep getting automatic emails saying they will contact within 2 days, NOT TRUE !

Is now a month but still no resolution to the problem, if you expect service I recommend you do not use Energy Matters as it seems the customers do not matter. !

Energy Matters

Yes, we paid a deposit back in October to go ahead with the installation which was booked for 14th January, this was cancelled on the day and since then we have heard they closed down, so what happens to our deposit.
Where should we go to try to re claim this.

Lynne24
Lynne24AU

Waited for 3 months for installation

We waited over 3 months to have our solar system installed, the system was paid for, the installer arrived with the panels to install today and the clips supplied did not fit our roof. The installation can no longer go ahead before Energy Matters winds up the business. Communication has been extremely poor. This process has been a nightmare and we are left having to start the process all over again with another company. Energy Matters have not returned my calls. A very disappointed customer.
2 days later and still haven't heard anything, they are not answering their phone and they still have our money. Now seeking legal advice.

Omi
OmiWagga Wagga

Don’t use this company

We’ve had an absolutely terrible experience with this company and don’t recommend anyone to use them. Our sales man gave us false information prior to signing up. We’ve had continuous issues since installation. It’s taken 10 months for us to actually use our solar and our bill is double what it was for the same time last year with just electricity. I’ve been on the phone to energy matters every day Monday to Friday asking for answers but I keep getting passed on to another case worker or told my currrent one doesn’t start till later and they will call me back which hasn’t happened yet or they are off sick. I’ve been doing this for 4 weeks now. It is beyond a joke. No one can tell me why this is happened.

dinu
dinumelbourne

Disappointed with the installation process

Energy M.Energy Matters

Dodgy - Don't do it

Terrible Customer Service

The product seems fine, however the customer service is terrible. I have been waiting since August 2018 for a resolution to my issue and still cannot get a response and it is now mid November. Every time I am promised a response I don't get one and when I question why, I am simply told we are very busy!!!!! I have now even asked to speak to a manager and they have not even bothered to return my call even though i stated the reason for my call was due to a complaint. My system tells me it is exporting x amount to the grid and my bill is less than half that. i am simply trying to ascertain what is correct.

I recommend finding an alternative supplier, you will just be disappointed.

Terrible customer service

My parents had their system installed by Energy Matters so suggested I do the same. Following 2 online enquiries no one called me, so I called only to be told you were too busy to give me a quote. I was booked in for a phone appointment the following day at 1.00pm - which I made sure I was available to talk. No one called, and I am yet to hear. I will be taking my business to someone who wants it.

MaxC
MaxCLaunceston, TAS

Sales department is brilliant, after sales department hopeless

I notified Energy Matters of a problem on June 1, they promised action within 10 to 14 days. A reminder on June 19 was ignored. On July 7 they told me the warranty had expired - it hadn't. Then they gave advice by email which allowed me to fix my own problem.
I will be building a new house next year, Energy Matters won't be supplying the solar panels.

PhilR
PhilRMelbourne

Poor support with no follow up to issues

We had our solar upgraded with additional 3Kw to give 4.5Kw and a Powerwall 2. After 1 1/2 month of believing we are grid free our bill estimate is $345. Origin believe we are taking grid power when Tesla say its from the Powerwall.
Contacted Energymatters will little success they did not take the matter seriously acting as if its not their problem. I'm constantly pushing them to look into the problem but this is just not customer service.
Tesla are assisting but as they are not the installers they have limited assistance.

IanW
IanW

Energy Matters Useless for After Sales Service

G_M_H
G_M_HMelbourne

Terrible Service just take your money and then nothing

We had a large installation of Solar Panels and a monitoring system installed. The system has stopped working on a number of occasions and we cannot contact them. Wait for over an hour on hold, give up and press 1 to leave call back. Never get a call back. They are tied into Sun Edisson who went bankrupt and we have not been able to contact them since then. Wish we had gone with a more reputable company

Energy M.Energy Matters
Allan
AllanSydney

Over promise under deliver

I was promised installation before Christmas 2017 - had two installation dates in February (your panels in another state) and March (cant find your panels) and still no action. Very poor.

Disappointed80
Disappointed80asked

Can anyone advise on service received from the company based in Menai?

janet Hay
janet Hay

I don't know about a company based in Menai.
My experience was:
15 Solar panels installed after negotiations and payment to Energy Matters.
The first meter malfunctioned and was replaced.our then providor 's accounts showed feed to the grid. November 2017 we changed providor to Energy Australia.we did not receive our 'delayed Account' until March.this showed no feed to the Gris since November. Almost a month later we are still trying to get proof whether the meter is faulty or the solar installation is faulty......we need this problem fixed and we are no nearer as at 16 April 2018. Janet Hay

Alex C.
Alex C.asked

Does a 7Kw solar system without battery cost $18,600.00+ to install?

BrianS
BrianS

far less

mikeesteele
mikeesteele

Wow! Nooooooo that's to Much. Geeze.

Tom Heeren
Tom Heeren

For reference, my 5KW system was just over $10,000 to install high-quality monocrystalline panels. Without knowing the panel type, where they will be installed or the site specifics it is difficult to give you a definitive answer, but over $18,600 does seem a like a high quote if the panels are just being installed on an ordinary suburban roof.

Get an answer from our members and Energy Matters representatives