Solar but no connection?

Installation went like a dream in spite of inclement weather. However after nearly 4 months I still don't appear to be connected to the grid, or getting any benefit!

6.6kw Solar deal just @ $2,999 only + Free travel voucher worth $1,500.

Install a 6.6KW system for only $2,999.00, and receive a travel voucher worth $1,500.00 if you choose to install with us within 7 days of making an enquiry.

Kenneth Hoy
Kenneth Hoyrydalmere

Great product, poor communication

The before sales service was very good, installation excellent but communication with the company prior to installation was very poor.

GOOD EXPERIENCE

Good communication via phone and email. Smooth installation process on the day, Overall a positive experience. It took a while for the power supplier to adjust the meter so that we received our feedback credits but that is not the fault of the installer. I am happy to recommend Energy Matters.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thanks for the great review Malo! The Energy Matters team are happy that you are now powering your home with renewable energy and receiving your feed-in tariff.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Energy Matters compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Robyn
Robyn

Prompt knowledgeable service.

From my first phone call to them to the conclusion of their service they were extremely competent. They exlained the details of the solar power system in an understandable form. The panels were installed about 6 weeks later. I am now getting a rebate and my energy bills are significantly reduced. My only complaint was that it took longer than expected for the compliance to be carried out and for this information to be passed on to the energy supplier.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thanks for the great review Robyn! The Energy Matters team are pleased to hear that you are making good energy savings with your new system.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Maria S.
Maria S.Matraville

Solar panel installation

I would like to thank everyone from Energy Matters for the smooth installation of my solar panels. The installers were very knowledgeable and professional.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thanks for the great review Maria, the Energy Matters team appreciates it!

Still reviewing

Happy with all aspects. Only problem was we had to wait for months for our system to be connected with the AGL grid because AGL insisted on a CRL form which your people didn't recognise.

Ad

Apalling response from Energy Matters when told that our solar panels have not been connected since

From the first contact ( through ISelect) Energy Matters were prompt, efficient and courteous.
As far as we can tell at this stage, their service was excellent.

We have a serious complaint: through a late billing from Energy Australia, we were unaware that the solar installation was not working. It is one 2 weeks since a,erring Energy Matters and no remedial action has been taken, only ineffectual telephone call.

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Advice and Installation Very Good but One Question Unanswered

I am very happy with the price, advice and installation of my solar panels. Everything went well and to plan. The only consideration that I have is that I have requested a very simple request from Energy Matters on three occasions if there is an app or website to track my energy use and solar supply and I am yet to receive a reply.

Deborah Thomas
Deborah ThomasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reputable & Reliable Solar Installer

Energy M.Energy Matters

Hi Deborah, we’re glad to hear that you are enjoying the benefits from your solar system, and making good energy and financial savings.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Energy Matters compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Peter Curtis
Peter CurtisMelbourne

Still in early stages, but looks promising.

I thought the process was timely, as I contacted my council to check availability of government rebate.
I spoke to a number of people given a detailed email that was helpful. The contractors arrive on schedule. The job was done well and instructed me on use. I have found the system very smooth. I am very pleased.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thanks for the positive review Peter, Happy New Year!

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Not all that great.

Installation good.. but it was put off 3 times.. bad communication in the end.. can’t get receipt for money payed.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Good company to deal with

Andrew
AndrewKurrajong

Good setup for solar and battery

Works well however take care on the size of battery as too small and you are still paying for high feed in tariffs. Also if you have an existing solar array any new solar plus battery seems not to include the existing solar as input into the battery.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thanks for the review of your system Andrew. Energy Matters has a PV + battery storage calculator here: http://www.energymatters.com.au/solar-calculators/solar-battery-calculator.php

PGC
PGC

Very good so far

Great wattage being generated so far. We haven't really hit summer in Melbourne at the moment but the panels have given great readings on semi sunny days.

Energy M.Energy Matters

That's good to hear PGC, thanks for the feedback. Slightly cloudy days can sometimes be better than cloudless ones, due to the higher levels of solar radiation hitting your PV array from sun + clouds.

Disappointed80
Disappointed80asked

Can anyone advise on service received from the company based in Menai?

janet Hay
janet Hay

I don't know about a company based in Menai.
My experience was:
15 Solar panels installed after negotiations and payment to Energy Matters.
The first meter malfunctioned and was replaced.our then providor 's accounts showed feed to the grid. November 2017 we changed providor to Energy Australia.we did not receive our 'delayed Account' until March.this showed no feed to the Gris since November. Almost a month later we are still trying to get proof whether the meter is faulty or the solar installation is faulty......we need this problem fixed and we are no nearer as at 16 April 2018. Janet Hay

Alex C.
Alex C.asked

Does a 7Kw solar system without battery cost $18,600.00+ to install?

BrianS
BrianS

far less

mikeesteele
mikeesteele

Wow! Nooooooo that's to Much. Geeze.

Tom Heeren
Tom Heeren

For reference, my 5KW system was just over $10,000 to install high-quality monocrystalline panels. Without knowing the panel type, where they will be installed or the site specifics it is difficult to give you a definitive answer, but over $18,600 does seem a like a high quote if the panels are just being installed on an ordinary suburban roof.

Get an answer from our members and Energy Matters representatives