Listing monitored by Energy Matters

• Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (3)
  • Purchase Price$5,985.00
Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't honour warranty.

We have had there solar panels on our roof for one year, cracks where found in two panels. We have rang multiple times and no response do frustrating. We are in the process of going to office of fair trading.
Buyer beware of this company all talk when it comes to there warranty.

Margie
MargieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well

We had system installed in 2016 following years of paying excessive electricity accounts. Installed a system promoted by local council. I don't need to know what the readings are because I can read the numbers on the inverter and can see that while I have the oven, the dishwasher, fridges, freezers and the washing machine and TV on my SMART METER is ZERO and light is not flashing.
I was encouraged to put the App on my phone so that I could monitor the system and a representative came to show me how - not my style though so I don't bother using it.
Initially after installation I noticed a damaged tile on the roof and they promptly sent a firm to repair.
My experience has been very positive.

Chris P
Chris P

Fast installation

The team arrived on time and 5 1/2 hours later they were finished. I've had no issues with the company; the service is friendly and they do their best to answer your questions. Highly recommended.

Ron C
Ron CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service

Good information given to me at the start and good follow up to ensure the installation happened as scheduled. After installation the setup was well described to me by the installing technicians and I received all of the required documentation the next day via email..

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Flinders island Bill
Flinders island BillNorth-East, TAS

Faulty Inverters

Have had 2 inverters replaced because they were faulty, now the third one is leaking water, have tried to contact them, Energy matters, still no response as to what to do. Keep getting automatic emails saying they will contact within 2 days, NOT TRUE !

Is now a month but still no resolution to the problem, if you expect service I recommend you do not use Energy Matters as it seems the customers do not matter. !

Energy Matters

Yes, we paid a deposit back in October to go ahead with the installation which was booked for 14th January, this was cancelled on the day and since then we have heard they closed down, so what happens to our deposit.
Where should we go to try to re claim this.

Lynne24
Lynne24AU

Waited for 3 months for installation

We waited over 3 months to have our solar system installed, the system was paid for, the installer arrived with the panels to install today and the clips supplied did not fit our roof. The installation can no longer go ahead before Energy Matters winds up the business. Communication has been extremely poor. This process has been a nightmare and we are left having to start the process all over again with another company. Energy Matters have not returned my calls. A very disappointed customer.
2 days later and still haven't heard anything, they are not answering their phone and they still have our money. Now seeking legal advice.

Omi
OmiWagga Wagga

Don’t use this company

We’ve had an absolutely terrible experience with this company and don’t recommend anyone to use them. Our sales man gave us false information prior to signing up. We’ve had continuous issues since installation. It’s taken 10 months for us to actually use our solar and our bill is double what it was for the same time last year with just electricity. I’ve been on the phone to energy matters every day Monday to Friday asking for answers but I keep getting passed on to another case worker or told my currrent one doesn’t start till later and they will call me back which hasn’t happened yet or they are off sick. I’ve been doing this for 4 weeks now. It is beyond a joke. No one can tell me why this is happened.

dinu
dinumelbourne

Disappointed with the installation process

Dodgy - Don't do it

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Terrible Customer Service

The product seems fine, however the customer service is terrible. I have been waiting since August 2018 for a resolution to my issue and still cannot get a response and it is now mid November. Every time I am promised a response I don't get one and when I question why, I am simply told we are very busy!!!!! I have now even asked to speak to a manager and they have not even bothered to return my call even though i stated the reason for my call was due to a complaint. My system tells me it is exporting x amount to the grid and my bill is less than half that. i am simply trying to ascertain what is correct.

I recommend finding an alternative supplier, you will just be disappointed.

Graham R
Graham RMALVERN EAST

The Sun and me

I am surprised how efficient the system is,even in cloudy weather,and i
I am enjoying letting the sun make money for me

faradaydon
faradaydonSouthern and Hills, SA

No fuss

It's the second time we've used Energy Matters and, just like the first time, the process was seamless and carried out without any fuss or trouble.

Energy M.Energy Matters

Thankyou for the great review Don. The Energy Matters team are happy to have been of service again, so that you can power your home with clean renewable energy.

Terrible customer service

My parents had their system installed by Energy Matters so suggested I do the same. Following 2 online enquiries no one called me, so I called only to be told you were too busy to give me a quote. I was booked in for a phone appointment the following day at 1.00pm - which I made sure I was available to talk. No one called, and I am yet to hear. I will be taking my business to someone who wants it.

What every home should have

The process worked. The plan was executed. Only problem is the inverter drops out on a regular basis. I suspect its all to do with the power reticulation and not my system

Disappointed80
Disappointed80asked

Can anyone advise on service received from the company based in Menai?

janet Hay
janet Hay

I don't know about a company based in Menai.
My experience was:
15 Solar panels installed after negotiations and payment to Energy Matters.
The first meter malfunctioned and was replaced.our then providor 's accounts showed feed to the grid. November 2017 we changed providor to Energy Australia.we did not receive our 'delayed Account' until March.this showed no feed to the Gris since November. Almost a month later we are still trying to get proof whether the meter is faulty or the solar installation is faulty......we need this problem fixed and we are no nearer as at 16 April 2018. Janet Hay

Alex C.
Alex C.asked

Does a 7Kw solar system without battery cost $18,600.00+ to install?

BrianS
BrianS

far less

mikeesteele
mikeesteele

Wow! Nooooooo that's to Much. Geeze.

Tom Heeren
Tom Heeren

For reference, my 5KW system was just over $10,000 to install high-quality monocrystalline panels. Without knowing the panel type, where they will be installed or the site specifics it is difficult to give you a definitive answer, but over $18,600 does seem a like a high quote if the panels are just being installed on an ordinary suburban roof.

Get an answer from our members and Energy Matters representatives