EnergyAustralia

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

Annoyed
Annoyed

Worst company to deal with

Glenn
GlennSydney, NSW

Electricity Bill not accurate - service appalling

I recently received my Energy Bill, it was 2x higher than previous bills. There are 2 people in my household, the bill was equivalent to 5 or more people. We have not changed any appliances, we have not used heating or air conditioning, and we were on holiday at that time. When I contacted Energy Australia they informed me it was an estimate. How could the estimate be so wrong, all of my previous bills are 50% cheaper? They then suggested a meter read, and then informed me I would be charged for the service. I have rejected the service charge and have raised a dispute. I am leaving Energy Australia, they are appalling.

Amanda J.
Amanda J.

overseas call centre

so when you call to sign up your are speaking with an Australian, once you are a customer you are now transferred to the Philippians and spending an hour on the phone to set up a payment plan that doesnt go ahead anyway and need to make another 2 phone calls after! hoping its actually sorted this time!

PissedoffSydney, NSW

Large Corporation Greed at its best

We have suffered 2 years of hell during covid-19 lock downs, being a small restaurant we have taken a huge amount of debt, I wonder how much Energy Australia received in Covid-19 grants....
Almost all of our suppliers agreed to provide some form of debt relief, some cut their debt by 70%, but not the great Australian Energy Australia, not only did they refuse to any debt relief, they are now chasing me hard, and my energy costs have gone up by over 50%.

Pissedoff

Apparently Energy Australia is no longer an Australian company, but Chinese owned.

Hugely disappointing
Hugely disappointingSydney, NSW

Extremely hard to cancel account

jbey
jbeyMid North Coast, NSW

Don't use this Company

Switched to them, all online. Rang up to make enquiry during cooling off period. Did not like my question so the 'curry' eater hung up in my ear. That was it, switched back to previous supplier. Great start I ended it, beware.

ServicesElectricity

Fair Go
Fair GoSydney, NSW

Fraud company

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Aussie Konrad
Aussie KonradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse Electric Company Ever

Cantfindsomethingthatsno
CantfindsomethingthatsnoVictoria

Incompetence at a level that has to be seen to be believed!

I am moving so I tried to login to cancel my gas account only to find that the login details were “invalid” checked the folder, yes all correct, try again no invalid, OK so I’ll create a new one, NO as the account number is invalid! So I rang them, only to be told my date of birth is incorrect, so I gave them my partners details yes all good, but my date of birth was still invalid. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, but was fobbed off, asked again, fobbed off again, so this time I yelled and swore at him to transfer me to his supervisor who naturally didn’t pickup. Upon reading other reviews this seems a standard practice.
BUYER BEWARE

Gerry
GerryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loyal customer treated with complete disrespect when I needed to close account

I have been with EA for years. I now need to close my account as I have sold the property.

AS expected - if you go online, you can sign up or move house but not cancel

I then call them - and I am on hold for 40 minutes. This shows complete contempt for customers. If you cannot put on enough people in your call centres, then you resolve this by providing a cancel option online

As a result - rather than cancelling one account, I am cancelling all four accounts with them.

Providing this kind of customer service is totally unacceptable.

Terrible customer service

Tried to cancel my electricity connection .Called them 5 days .I waited about 45 mins every time I called but no one answers.Tried live chat to disconnect my connection.Doesn’t work either.I put an online complaint.No response.Best example of the worst customer service.

Kerry B.
Kerry B.

Appalling customer service, LONG phone wait time.

Mash
Mash

Pathetic

Rang to cancel an account. After almost 30 minutes someone answered and informed me they had to transfer me to someone else (And trust me, I selected the right options). Why bother answering? Another 36 minutes later, I hung up. While I was waiting, I surfed the net and found out you could chat to Energy Australia. Even this option took 30 minutes! I got my account cancelled in the end, but what company thinks it is good business practice to keep customers waiting for so long?

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wait Time - 50 Minutes and Counting

Rang 11:48am (EST) on 26/04/22
At 12:38pm (50 minutes later) still on hold waiting to get through.
Keep getting the default on hold message to check website. Website says I need to call.

Be Aware
Be Aware

Run fast in the opposite direction

Residential electricity in two houses. Overcharged estimates by 2-3 times! For last 8 bills over two houses. Spend hours on the phone to them each time.
Try to ring but after 30 minutes on call they answer then hang up!

ServicesElectricity