Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees
honesty
honestysydney

Sadly they are no longer competive

Michelle
MichelleSydney, NSW

Sigh. An hour of my life I'll never get back again...

Da T.
Da T.

don't use if you have a choice

Services are alright, but they charge you for a call out fee to get the meter re-read when it was their issue that the initial reading put in the wrong number.
(my bill gone up from usual 200 to 1000) they said if I don't get a re-read and the next reading shows the difference (number gone back down), I will be credit back, but who knows.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Brenton L
Brenton LMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Changed the Solar feed in tariff without notification

I have been with Energy Australia for over 10 years. I got solar panels and switched to a new plan. First bill and they reduced the solar feed in tariff without notification. Contacted them and after 7 days, one live chat and 2 phone calls they still cannot produce the notification. Even with a SPECIALIST saying they would do it in 48 hours. Even their SPECIALIST can’t find the notification and unable to send it. Changing contract details such as rates without notification is very poor and a good way to lose customers. Wasted too much time with them on this. I have switched to a better deal and getting close to my my original contracted feed in tariff rate.

Gareth O.
Gareth O.South East Queensland, QLD

This review was 5 Stars but my quoted 16.1 cents Solar Feed in was incorrect

Solar reading failed and just done an estimate

Had my first quarterly bill with EnergyAustralia and also a new solar system installed which is a 6.6kw system. I received a bill which I should have been in credit for. Instead of re reading the meter they just left. Finally got onto them and getting a re read tomorrow. Fingers cross it actually comes in credit.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
mike s.
mike s.

lack of customer experience-New Customer

Trying to get a connection to new build. Questions will take 20 minutes (I am at work) and ONLY oper 8-5 to me customer services IS NOT their strong point. Was considering total package solar, battery and gas though on bottles so maybe not

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Jay
JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not so satisfied

The billing errors and issues surrounding their meter reading few years ago, which resulted us in leaving Energy Australia, was poorly handled. However the refund they told us we were owed was easy enough to sort and took just few minutes via Live Chat today (2/10/19). Though I have yet to receive the funds, as it takes 3-5 business days. I'm also positive the amount owed to me was much more but who really has the time to seek out meter reading records and calculate actual amount?

Dalapetus
DalapetusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cheap Rates?

Not fine

Feeling bad after seeing bill of electricity it is of $400 even though we are not using equipment such as iron and heater. How it's possible. I call but not solution.

ServicesElectricity
Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Meena, I am sorry the bill you received has left you feeling this way. There are multiple reasons that you bill can increase I am happy to help you understand this more if you would like to email me at: help@energyaustralia.com.au

pillybeeHunter Region, NSW

Meter Readings

When challenging you bill and being offered another meter reading for a price, dont except this as the same person who read the meter before will read it again, he is a subcontractor of Ausgrid.
'Have found out thru contact with Ausgrid who read our meters that the subcontractor for our area is unreliable and is not saying they are estimated readings. I have referred this to the Ombudsman (EWON) and local MP for investigation.

LesleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Discount was reduced

Energy Australia was giving me 27% discount which I was happy with, they contacted me about 4 months ago and reduce my discount to 20% Anytime Saver
I am trying to get a better deal now with another company that hopefully will have lower consumption charges

Graham Allsopp
Graham AllsoppSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bill Scam

Energy Australia has been contacted multiple times regarding an interstate move.
We moved from one hot 2-bed unit to a 2nd 2 bed unit 120 kms north right on the waterfront. Our bills jumped from $265/qr to $325 for the next 52days of one QR.
Energy Australia asked for photos of the meters and 5 days later there is no reply blaming the retailers for the short cycle.
The solution offered was to charge us 52% of the average previous consumption.
No rely has been offered.

Gulie
Gulie

Unfair, unprofessional service

Very Dissapointed

No loyalty, no policies, they send me bill in January and then other bill again in January with double $$$ and “option” for pay due to February!!!
after debates, they are agreed to "extend add “second bill” to my original 3 months cycle. Which is must happen on April, no apologies, no discounts, was not offered!!!
The customer service just acted like a normal, that nothing wrong happens, people apparently can get two different electricity bills on the same month." Ridiculuous.
Outrageous. Disgusting.
Oh yes and, about discount, two weeks ago they offered discount, today when I spoke to other customer representative, he hasn’t idea and didn’t accept any discount which were offered earlier.

LibbyElderslie

No service. Fake promises.