EnergyAustralia

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

Rachel D.
Rachel D.New South Wales

Do not go with "On by EnergyAustralia"

ServicesElectricity

Great customer service with my plan switch

I switched to a new plan online for both of my electricity and gas account via live chat with a great customer service staff, and it was easy and fast.

gg1
gg1

Disgusting!

Changing over a retail account to someone else because of unforseen circumstances, they showed no compassion whatsoever to maintain the same plan at the slightly reduced rates. Unethical and money grabbers the only way to describe them!

Angry Customer
Angry CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless, Useless, FRAUDS

Business had been forced to close in August 2019. Called in September 2019 to cancel and was told my wife had to close the account as she was the account holder. Explained to them we need to close the account, very stressful time and her English was not perfect, they demanded she called. Did not hear from them for months, then get calls from collection agency Credit Corp and now Panthera demanding we pay for a bill for a period 24 June 2020 to 21 August 2020 of $911.47.
How do you charge a person for a billing period 9 months after contact to close the account. Fair trading will be the next point of call for me. Frauds..........Do not open an account with them..

Don’t recommend

Don’t recommend these guys at all, customer service passing me from person to person & telling me I need to pay when I haven’t lived there since Oct. it’s now jan

Jet
Jet

Seriously..

Talked to someone on the live chat today, used no grammar, got mad at me for accidentally disconnecting and couldn't even spell her own "name", this is seriously ridiculous I bet an 11 year old could type better than these people. BUT she did resolve it in the end then to offer if I would like another property connected!!!

Brad
BradSydney

Utterly useless customer support

ServicesElectricity

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
watgig
watgigSydney

Absolutely Shocking

Maria L.
Maria L.

Not implementing their own "bundle" offers and exceptionally poor customer service

I have both Electricity & Gas with this provider. In latest bill I received advice that I could "Bundle my G&E and and save money. Please explain - I already have both services with you. Twice I contacted them once by "chat" and today by phone. The moment I questioned the above - they hung up.

Kate
KateSydney

customer service very lacking

terrible wait times to talk to someone, very limited hours for phone enquiries and for online chat. cant do everything on their website. there is no email contact. rates might be good but is it worth it?

They make it impossible to leave them

There is no easy way to disconnect from them, they attempt to pressure you to let them move your home for you so that you stick with them. You can spend days simply trying to inform them of a 'move out date' if you're not reconnecting with them elsewhere. I was kept on hold for hours, and all I wanted was to move out of my place and not use them for my electricity in my next residence. 'Avoid at all costs' shouldn't be thrown around lightly, but seriously AVOID!

Awful!

I became a pensioner and they attached my pension card then increased my rates. Have gone to an Australian owned energy company and pay 75% less than I was with these turkeys. As soon as I said I was cancelling my service they hiked up my remaining and outstanding costs to $500! Now they have debt collectors calling me 3 times a day freaking me out thinking it is my child’s daycare and an emergency has happened. Absolutely disguising company. And Probe the debt collection idiots they use can EAD! How these thieves are still in business is beyond me. I absolutely loath that they use Australian in their business name. There is nothing Australian about these dimwits.

Caitlin P.
Caitlin P.Sydney, NSW

DO NOT TRUST THIS DIGUSTING COMPANY

Energy Australia tried to bill me an exorbitant fee for a three month period when I was not living at the residence for two out of those three months (i.e. there was nobody present at the property, therefore no one was using electricity). I disputed the bill immediately and was told that I was not expected to pay it, given it was in dispute. I made a complaint to the energy ombudsman and the matter is still ongoing. Since then, not only have Energy Australia continued to harass me by sending emails and text messages telling me that the bill is overdue, they have now put debt collectors onto me - this is illegal when the bill is in dispute.

Pam
Pam

Greedy

I realised energy Australia were not giving me my pension concession, I called them and they ran me around for 2 weeks telling one of their case workers would call me they also told me that Centrelink had put a stop on my concession card I phoned Centrelink and was told there was nothing wrong with my card and there was no hold on it, so when energy Australia finally called me they told me that I was getting the concession but they just hadn’t put it on my bill but they would put it on my next bill I have recently moved I asked about my previous bills, I was told they could not back date it because I have a new address, complete crap I have moved to another company who are charging me half the amount very bad company.

Chris s
Chris sSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sum bags do not go with them!!

Bloody hopeless and terrible found out of there hidden charges confronted them about it shopped around found a better retailer 4 months after I cancelled with them they sent me a bill stating I was still with them for a period of time sent dept collector's to call me for a sum of $81 that apparently I was charged when in fact I was not with them bloody terrible do not go through them stuff around as many that have put a review on them have said get on to call them just get thrown around waiting on hold long period of time nobody wants to deal with it worst company I've gone through glad I switched if your smart enough I would leave them if your thinking about going to them you do not want that problem go else were