EnergyAustralia

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

Catherine Mary
Catherine MaryCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Expensive Rates. NOT Australian Owned, very disappointed to learn despite the name.

Re solar and electricity to our residential property for a few years. Problem recognised when switched and found out how EXPENSIVE they were. No drop outs, customer service not required.

Rates and Fees

WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH

Got a huge bill, called them to discuss, spoke to a very unprofessional man who told me ‘that’s what my house is like so that’s the pricing’.. I chose to leave, another guy calls and says I was on the wrong plan, they send another bill, it was an estimation, I called and spoke to a lady who said they would send someone out within 7 days to do an accurate meter reading for me which never happened and then I still got charged for the estimation. Every time I spoke to someone no one knew what I was talking about, incorrect notes from conversations that didn’t happen were recorded. I was told people would chase it up for me then never got phone calls back.

Dalek7
Dalek7Sydney, NSW

Online Update to my plan - EASY!

Just easy to proceed with the process! Updating to a "fresh" 12mths of set pricing, given the expected BIG increase coming in July2022!
Using the "online" portal is very effective to monitor all aspects of the account!

Lynn Maree
Lynn MareeSydney, NSW

Dreadful experience

I have wasted over five hours today trying to understand the "best" offers from EnergyAustralia - over two of those hours were just holding to speak to one of EnergyAustralia's "helpful" operators. Finally, I resorted to using the website. Decided I would opt for a Total Plan with controlled load tariff - only to find that I cannot accept this Plan as when I log into my account I have a "VIP Offer" Total Plan Plus which gave me a bigger discount (wow!) but forced me to accept demand charges (bummer) - the latter not being levied on the Total Plan offer that I found BEFORE logging into my account

Annoyed
Annoyed

Worst company to deal with

Glenn
GlennSydney, NSW

Electricity Bill not accurate - service appalling

I recently received my Energy Bill, it was 2x higher than previous bills. There are 2 people in my household, the bill was equivalent to 5 or more people. We have not changed any appliances, we have not used heating or air conditioning, and we were on holiday at that time. When I contacted Energy Australia they informed me it was an estimate. How could the estimate be so wrong, all of my previous bills are 50% cheaper? They then suggested a meter read, and then informed me I would be charged for the service. I have rejected the service charge and have raised a dispute. I am leaving Energy Australia, they are appalling.

Amanda J.
Amanda J.

overseas call centre

so when you call to sign up your are speaking with an Australian, once you are a customer you are now transferred to the Philippians and spending an hour on the phone to set up a payment plan that doesnt go ahead anyway and need to make another 2 phone calls after! hoping its actually sorted this time!

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
PissedoffSydney, NSW

Large Corporation Greed at its best

We have suffered 2 years of hell during covid-19 lock downs, being a small restaurant we have taken a huge amount of debt, I wonder how much Energy Australia received in Covid-19 grants....
Almost all of our suppliers agreed to provide some form of debt relief, some cut their debt by 70%, but not the great Australian Energy Australia, not only did they refuse to any debt relief, they are now chasing me hard, and my energy costs have gone up by over 50%.

Pissedoff

Apparently Energy Australia is no longer an Australian company, but Chinese owned.

Hugely disappointing
Hugely disappointingSydney, NSW

Extremely hard to cancel account

Unreasonable run-around

My power and gas plan was due for renewal on 10th June. I received a letter telling me that unless I opted for something else, I would default to the most expensive plan available instead of being left on the current plan which is supposed to be the cheapest plan available. This doesn't come into the category of good PR in my book.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

jbey
jbeyMid North Coast, NSW

Don't use this Company

Switched to them, all online. Rang up to make enquiry during cooling off period. Did not like my question so the 'curry' eater hung up in my ear. That was it, switched back to previous supplier. Great start I ended it, beware.

ServicesElectricity

Aussie KonradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse Electric Company Ever

Cantfindsomethingthatsno
CantfindsomethingthatsnoVictoria

Incompetence at a level that has to be seen to be believed!

I am moving so I tried to login to cancel my gas account only to find that the login details were “invalid” checked the folder, yes all correct, try again no invalid, OK so I’ll create a new one, NO as the account number is invalid! So I rang them, only to be told my date of birth is incorrect, so I gave them my partners details yes all good, but my date of birth was still invalid. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, but was fobbed off, asked again, fobbed off again, so this time I yelled and swore at him to transfer me to his supervisor who naturally didn’t pickup. Upon reading other reviews this seems a standard practice.
BUYER BEWARE

Gerry
GerryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loyal customer treated with complete disrespect when I needed to close account

I have been with EA for years. I now need to close my account as I have sold the property.

AS expected - if you go online, you can sign up or move house but not cancel

I then call them - and I am on hold for 40 minutes. This shows complete contempt for customers. If you cannot put on enough people in your call centres, then you resolve this by providing a cancel option online

As a result - rather than cancelling one account, I am cancelling all four accounts with them.

Providing this kind of customer service is totally unacceptable.