EnergyAustralia

EnergyAustralia (page 4 of 6)

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees
Dennis
DennisCorlette

Have You Checked What The New Rates from 1/7/17 actually are?

For a start Energy Australia have changed the times for their Peak Rate from 2pm to 8pm to 3pm to 9pm.
The increases that I have been quoted are as follows:
Peak Usage 11.5%
Off Peak Usage 38%
Shoulder Usage 26.5%
Daily Supply Charge 10.52%
As can be seen some of these increases are daylight robbery and will not be noticed by most customers until they see their bills. Anybody with a pool and off peak hot water will see this part of their electricity costs increase by 38%.
The change in Peak rate times also means another 90 hours a quarter when all the family are at home using electricity 8pm to 9pm whereas the usage between 2pm and 3pm would be minimal.

Gazluthier
Gazluthier

Have gone out of their way to correct the situation and provide the information we required. Good on

They have gone out of their way to clarify and put my mind at ease. I was at fault in the first instance by not making a reasonable analysis of my bills. They are of course always too high, but my expectations that my solar would cut hem in half was unreasonable. Batteries are next. I apologise to Energy Australia and all the people who have taken the time to educate me as to the mystery of give and take.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Thanks for your kind words and there's no apology needed! If there's anything else we can do to assist you, please let us know. Thanks! - Jarrod

jennyc355NSW, 2460

Ok if you don't have solar panels..

Rang to get information as we have solar power panels being installed ..We are already with EA so I thought it a good idea to enquire about what was availbable ..What a shock , we will have to pay surcharge of $10 per month and fitt 6.1 ...not worried about the 6.1 but pay a surcharge and $10 was the lowest one . Needless to say I doubt we will be with EA when the install is finished ..

jennyc355

had told ea we were having meter changed over included in the solar install but still insisted , NSW ..6.1 plus $10 per month surcharge ..

Luis
Luis

Customer Service helped me

There was an error processing my direct debit payment, and I got notified after the due date for the bill, causing me to lose the discounts. I told them via online chat, and they were able to help me and apply the discounts!
I know that enegy companies have a foul fame, but you were good this time :D

BARB s

3 Phase Smart Metre STUFF UP???"/NSW Government will continue to pay you at the Solar Bonus Scheme r

Dishonest & disrespectful company

We had a gas leakage for approx two years and we were massively overcharged during that period. Now, Energy Australia is refusing to reimburse us for the money extra charged. The dispute's ongoing for more than three months, and they are blaming the supplier (Jemena). The fact is that we don't have a contractual agreement with the supplier, we have with EA. They are very quick to get our money, but dishonest and disrespectful when they have to refund us. A gas leakage is a very serious safety matter. They not only put us in risk, but our neighbours too. After wasting a lot of our time trying to negotiate with them, we reported the matter to the Ombudsman and the Fair Trading. The worst company ever!

Matt
Matt

Terrified!

OMG! I'm trying to choose a service provider for gas & electricity and used compare the market. Do Do came out as cheapest but the reviews were so very bad that I thought I'd just go to Energy Australia. Your reviews are worse!! I'm terrified ti sign up with anyone. What is a customer supposed to do? Customer Service is absolutely terrible and no one knows what they are doing, such a sad state of affairs.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

No callbacks

This mob do not call back and when they do its someone on the end of the line that cannot be understood. They even now want to charge $1.69 if you want a paper bill. I've spoken to the energy ombudsman and was told this can't be applied. My advice hold it back when paying.

Shaoli
ShaoliHORNSBY

bad call back service, badly delay no response

I have been waiting for a call back due to NSW Solar Bonus Scheme closure issue, but never get any call back , I have been called 3 times ask for more call backs, but it still on the waiting list, its been a month.

Dr. Siva PSydney, NSW

World's most frustrating customer service

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hard to download full a/c why not send it when you send the email have you something to hide, it is

I can not download my bill .I want to see whole a/c, I am registered what steps do I take to view Bill as when I press View bill noyhing happens

text message from Energy Australia

I have received a few text messages from Energy Australia this year, all about outstanding balance. I do not have an account with Energy Australia. The last text message on the 14 October states I have $897.73 balance. How can I get text messages when I don't even have an account? Please advise me how to stop receiving them. Thank you, Tunde

Tunde
Tunde

I can't read your comment. I tried to click on "read more" but nothing happened. Tunde

Casso
CassoAdelaide

Shopping for better energy deals

Having seen the add for one big switch I started looking around for a better deal. For Electricity In S.A , click energy are offering 20% off (slightly lower rate but higher supply charge) And Simply Energy are offering 30% off (with similar rates and lower supply fee) And 10% off Gas. I called EA , it took 3 attempts and really long hold times to get thru to the correct department, but finally I was put through to an Australian call centre and got 25% off both electricity and gas. Before this call I was getting 3%. Sadly energy providers don't automatically give loyal customers the best deal, you need to go looking for it.

2 chances

Started with E.A. on a pensioner discount which diminished till I was on full retail. Rang them and they made an offer and I said I would still look around well next bill was higher. So I rang again and was told it couldn't be changed. Have switched to Lumo and now getting offers of better rates, etc. They had every chance to keep me but blew it several times.

Batsa
Batsa
chuck48AU

Denergising Australia.

I made the mistake of doing an online move when I changed address. When I got to my new address I managed to attract a number of bills some weeks later including for the closed accounts (which had been paid for) at the old address.
The usual merry go round ensued with the call centre without resolution and it was only after I managed to get through to and Australian rep in Bundoora did it finally resolve.
They are not alone and Telstra and Coles Insurance seem to have the same flawed billing systems with call center operatives with no power (pun intended).
Oh for the good old days of the SECV and Gas and Fuel.
Privatisation has been an unmitigated disaster.

chuck48

Thanks, as I wrote it did mange to resolve itself after much ado.

PossumCorowa

Supply cost differences between coast and inland NSW.

John
John

Bill price increases!

So, all energy companies have raised their prices. Great. Is it because so many households are installing solar panels? I've read the actual reason why prices are going up and I do not believe it for one second. How about you buck the trend and keep your service fee the same as it was? Look after your customers, especially the loyal ones.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Very good service during my 2.5 year experience.

I've been with Energy Australia for 2.5 years and had good experiences. I've recently arranged to change address, and the process has been a little bit difficult. However! the customer service via phone has been positive.

David CavuotoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overall very happy, i would reccommend

i have been with Energy Australia for over a year and i have gas and electric with them, the only issue i have had previously was if i pay my bill on the final day to pay i have been sent a late notice which is frustrating because i paid it on time otherwise no other issues.

When i moved from my previous property to where i live now and i transferred my account over i reviewed my plan and found a better deal and Energy Australia matched it without hesitation which surprised me .. i really like how their customer portal displays my bills and has all the data i want to see about my billing patterns which is helpful ..

Good Morning,

Thanks very much, I appreciate it

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Good Morning David! You're most welcome, your business and loyalty with us is much appreciated. Thanks, Thy

Sammy
Sammy

Error Resolved

I moved in to my new place last Friday and called on Friday morning to reconfirm power was still be switched on to which I was advised it would be. To my dismay when I arrived home from work there was no power. I contacted Energy Australia and was helped by their staff and a technician was organised for the day after to help get my power switched on for the long weekend and the move ahead. While there was an error in the beginning Energy Australia worked quickly to help rectifying my problem.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Sammy, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with EnergyAustralia. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto management. - Kind Regards, Christina

Tess65Brisbane

No Follow Up

Tess65

Hi Kiri, I've already done that.... Just waiting for a call and a return email and ultimately my account to be sorted.

Where's the little owl?

Good service, online sign up was easy. Lost one star from me because their ads would have you believe that included with sign up is a cute and helpful owl perched on your shoulder. No such owl materialised and I am disappointed to say the least.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi there, thanks for your positive and constructive feedback. I will ensure to feed this back to management accordingly for future improvements. Have an awesome weekend - Thanks, Thy

LaraMelbourne

No issues

I have been with Energy for years. Never issues. Tried to connect my parents to AGL as per their wish and oh crap. They are bunch of morons. They stuffed up everything that could be stuffed up. They are back to Energy which should have happened from the start.

Lara

Hi Danielle. Thank you for your reply. Yes I never had issues with Energy for the past 10+ years. However judging by the reviews on this site there is room for improvement on your behalf. Whatever you do do not turn into AGL.

no complaints

No complaints from me. Bills are on time and reasonably priced, even discounted if payed by due date. Come on people, such a big company is bound to to get a few things mixed up give them a break. Good job guys

Villager
VillagerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Company with competitive discounts

Been with Energy Australia for more than 3 years now. I was on an old plan. Was shopping around as there were many good offers available. Thought would give them a call as well. The offered me the same benefits as they would to a new customer. Many other providers did not offer me same benefits because I had solar. I have been very satisfied with their service. I did have to wait on the phone line a bit for the customer service rep. I am hoping they pro-actively approach existing customers when better deals are available as I was about to switch to new provider. I am hoping my pleasant experience continues. I hope I don't have to write a bad review.