EnergyAustralia

EnergyAustralia (page 3 of 4)

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

Not so happy !

Rang today to ask about better rate. Thought I was currently getting 22%. Then was told couldn't get better rate even though I have been with them for over 10 years or even more and have ALWAYS paid my bill on time. Was then told that my contract had actually run out and was only getting 20%. He could sign me up then for new contract right now. When I asked why no one contacts you to let you know when your contract runs out . He told me that was my responsibility to know that. I would have though that after sooooo many years as a loyal customer they may still want my business . Will be definitely looking for a different provider.

Hi Tracy,
I am sorry to hear the experience you have had with us. Can you please email us at help@energyaustralia.com.au so we can arrange our sales team to contact you regarding some discounts before you decide to switch. Kind regards, Alyce

challis
challissydney

Direct debited me for my present and previous homes

nailer
nailerSydney, NSW

Meter readers out of control + overcharging

I had problems wit EA before. The meter reading was too high. It took me a lot of effort to have it corrected.
Now, knowing about tariff changes, I photographed my meter every day at the same time for two weeks. The final reading on the invoice is 77 kWh LOWER than it was recorded by me. It comes to around $3, because that 77 kWh will be charged at the next reading for the new charge. How many customers does EA have? Do they under-quote now every customer?
Of, BTW, your subcontractor reader lost his ID.

Dennis
DennisCorlette

Have You Checked What The New Rates from 1/7/17 actually are?

For a start Energy Australia have changed the times for their Peak Rate from 2pm to 8pm to 3pm to 9pm.
The increases that I have been quoted are as follows:
Peak Usage 11.5%
Off Peak Usage 38%
Shoulder Usage 26.5%
Daily Supply Charge 10.52%
As can be seen some of these increases are daylight robbery and will not be noticed by most customers until they see their bills. Anybody with a pool and off peak hot water will see this part of their electricity costs increase by 38%.
The change in Peak rate times also means another 90 hours a quarter when all the family are at home using electricity 8pm to 9pm whereas the usage between 2pm and 3pm would be minimal.

jennyc355NSW, 2460

Ok if you don't have solar panels..

Rang to get information as we have solar power panels being installed ..We are already with EA so I thought it a good idea to enquire about what was availbable ..What a shock , we will have to pay surcharge of $10 per month and fitt 6.1 ...not worried about the 6.1 but pay a surcharge and $10 was the lowest one . Needless to say I doubt we will be with EA when the install is finished ..

jennyc355

had told ea we were having meter changed over included in the solar install but still insisted , NSW ..6.1 plus $10 per month surcharge ..

BARB s

3 Phase Smart Metre STUFF UP???"/NSW Government will continue to pay you at the Solar Bonus Scheme r

Dishonest & disrespectful company

We had a gas leakage for approx two years and we were massively overcharged during that period. Now, Energy Australia is refusing to reimburse us for the money extra charged. The dispute's ongoing for more than three months, and they are blaming the supplier (Jemena). The fact is that we don't have a contractual agreement with the supplier, we have with EA. They are very quick to get our money, but dishonest and disrespectful when they have to refund us. A gas leakage is a very serious safety matter. They not only put us in risk, but our neighbours too. After wasting a lot of our time trying to negotiate with them, we reported the matter to the Ombudsman and the Fair Trading. The worst company ever!

Matt
Matt

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Terrified!

OMG! I'm trying to choose a service provider for gas & electricity and used compare the market. Do Do came out as cheapest but the reviews were so very bad that I thought I'd just go to Energy Australia. Your reviews are worse!! I'm terrified ti sign up with anyone. What is a customer supposed to do? Customer Service is absolutely terrible and no one knows what they are doing, such a sad state of affairs.

No callbacks

This mob do not call back and when they do its someone on the end of the line that cannot be understood. They even now want to charge $1.69 if you want a paper bill. I've spoken to the energy ombudsman and was told this can't be applied. My advice hold it back when paying.

Shaoli
ShaoliHORNSBY

bad call back service, badly delay no response

I have been waiting for a call back due to NSW Solar Bonus Scheme closure issue, but never get any call back , I have been called 3 times ask for more call backs, but it still on the waiting list, its been a month.

Dr. Siva PSydney, NSW

World's most frustrating customer service

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hard to download full a/c why not send it when you send the email have you something to hide, it is

I can not download my bill .I want to see whole a/c, I am registered what steps do I take to view Bill as when I press View bill noyhing happens

text message from Energy Australia

I have received a few text messages from Energy Australia this year, all about outstanding balance. I do not have an account with Energy Australia. The last text message on the 14 October states I have $897.73 balance. How can I get text messages when I don't even have an account? Please advise me how to stop receiving them. Thank you, Tunde

Tunde
Tunde

I can't read your comment. I tried to click on "read more" but nothing happened. Tunde

Casso
CassoAdelaide

Shopping for better energy deals

Having seen the add for one big switch I started looking around for a better deal. For Electricity In S.A , click energy are offering 20% off (slightly lower rate but higher supply charge) And Simply Energy are offering 30% off (with similar rates and lower supply fee) And 10% off Gas. I called EA , it took 3 attempts and really long hold times to get thru to the correct department, but finally I was put through to an Australian call centre and got 25% off both electricity and gas. Before this call I was getting 3%. Sadly energy providers don't automatically give loyal customers the best deal, you need to go looking for it.

2 chances

Started with E.A. on a pensioner discount which diminished till I was on full retail. Rang them and they made an offer and I said I would still look around well next bill was higher. So I rang again and was told it couldn't be changed. Have switched to Lumo and now getting offers of better rates, etc. They had every chance to keep me but blew it several times.

Batsa
Batsa
chuck48AU

Denergising Australia.

I made the mistake of doing an online move when I changed address. When I got to my new address I managed to attract a number of bills some weeks later including for the closed accounts (which had been paid for) at the old address.
The usual merry go round ensued with the call centre without resolution and it was only after I managed to get through to and Australian rep in Bundoora did it finally resolve.
They are not alone and Telstra and Coles Insurance seem to have the same flawed billing systems with call center operatives with no power (pun intended).
Oh for the good old days of the SECV and Gas and Fuel.
Privatisation has been an unmitigated disaster.

chuck48

Thanks, as I wrote it did mange to resolve itself after much ado.

PossumCorowa

Supply cost differences between coast and inland NSW.

John
John

Bill price increases!

So, all energy companies have raised their prices. Great. Is it because so many households are installing solar panels? I've read the actual reason why prices are going up and I do not believe it for one second. How about you buck the trend and keep your service fee the same as it was? Look after your customers, especially the loyal ones.

Tess65Brisbane

No Follow Up

Tess65

Hi Kiri, I've already done that.... Just waiting for a call and a return email and ultimately my account to be sorted.

james
jamesMelbourne

Price Increase letter and prices Jan 2016

I just received a letter from EA saying that their prices for GAS are increasing. I think you need to reword the letter as you stated (Or looks like you are stating) the first 27.4 mj per day was $2.64 and the second block of 21.9 mj per day is $2.09. This can be misinterpreted to mean the first 49.3 mj for the day will cost $2.64 + $2.09 = $4.73. I think the letter should have said 0.0264 per MJ. hence, the first 27.4 mj will cost .72 cents and the second 21.9 mj will cost .45 cents = $1.17 - Just a bit confusing.. I think if you give people a per MJ cost in the letters they can understand it better. Just some feedback for you. thx

RussPGippsland, VIC

Beware new offers

I recently switched to Energy Australia's offer of "Gas Flexi Saver" because on the surface it appeared a really good deal - until I received full conditions and found it included a 50% increase in gas usage charges. This is worst for smaller users, the first 100 MJ/day has gone up on Feb 1st 2016 from 1.96c/MJ to 2.85c/MJ, that is an increase of 45.5%! It is less of an increase for bigger users, but still a lot. I have gone looking for other plans.

RussP

I get that price increases occur nationally, and annually, but why should prices for small users rise 45% when larger users only see about a 20% or so rise? Prices should be set to encourage conservation, not discourage it.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Russ, thanks for your prompt response. In addition to the above, I can advise we align our prices with the network charges. For more information on pricing changes, please visit http://www.energyaustralia.com.au/vicpricechange. Thanks, Thy

Melbourne Customer
Melbourne CustomerMelbourne

Ok company, trying to recover from poor customer management

I was their customer in 2012, but I left them in the beginning of 2013 shortly after the first time I had to deal with their customer support.

As I could see their investment in re-branding, on their website, and that their gas charges were reasonable in 2015 I came back to energy Australia.

This second round has being acceptable, dealing with their customer services department has been alright.
and I really enjoy receiving my bills through e-mails.

Shocking Service

Always problems receiving bills on time but if you're late paying they take away your discount. My account online service is down once again, you think after all the money they take, their system would be up to scratch shocking services intend to change this quarter.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Overpayed for awful service.

All of my bills for a year were around the $800 mark. Then, around 8 months each time they sent me each bill, they sent me another one for close to $1200 demanding I pay immediately. Changed companies in a heart beat and haven't had an issue since.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Sammeh, my name is Catherine. If you would like me to look into this for you I would happily do so. You can contact me directly on help@energyaustralia.com.au. Have a great day, Catherine.

george k
george kSydney, NSW

Final account

Sold my late mother's house five weeks ago and requested a final bill. They told me the new owner had also applied for a new connection. Still no bill despite chasing it up. The estate bank account has now been closed, with all other debtors paid so I don't intend to pay the bill if and when it is ever received.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi George, Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I have replied to your email and look forward to getting this sorted for you. Many thanks, Catherine.

Other Energy Providers