EnergyAustralia

EnergyAustralia (page 3 of 3)

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees
RussPGippsland, VIC

Beware new offers

I recently switched to Energy Australia's offer of "Gas Flexi Saver" because on the surface it appeared a really good deal - until I received full conditions and found it included a 50% increase in gas usage charges. This is worst for smaller users, the first 100 MJ/day has gone up on Feb 1st 2016 from 1.96c/MJ to 2.85c/MJ, that is an increase of 45.5%! It is less of an increase for bigger users, but still a lot. I have gone looking for other plans.

RussP

I get that price increases occur nationally, and annually, but why should prices for small users rise 45% when larger users only see about a 20% or so rise? Prices should be set to encourage conservation, not discourage it.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Russ, thanks for your prompt response. In addition to the above, I can advise we align our prices with the network charges. For more information on pricing changes, please visit http://www.energyaustralia.com.au/vicpricechange. Thanks, Thy

Shocking Service

Always problems receiving bills on time but if you're late paying they take away your discount. My account online service is down once again, you think after all the money they take, their system would be up to scratch shocking services intend to change this quarter.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Overpayed for awful service.

All of my bills for a year were around the $800 mark. Then, around 8 months each time they sent me each bill, they sent me another one for close to $1200 demanding I pay immediately. Changed companies in a heart beat and haven't had an issue since.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Sammeh, my name is Catherine. If you would like me to look into this for you I would happily do so. You can contact me directly on help@energyaustralia.com.au. Have a great day, Catherine.

george k
george kSydney, NSW

Final account

Sold my late mother's house five weeks ago and requested a final bill. They told me the new owner had also applied for a new connection. Still no bill despite chasing it up. The estate bank account has now been closed, with all other debtors paid so I don't intend to pay the bill if and when it is ever received.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi George, Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I have replied to your email and look forward to getting this sorted for you. Many thanks, Catherine.

Overcharge and borrow my money for the year ... then send 5 letters at once

tony1951
tony1951Gippsland, VIC

Why do we have these companies??

Why can't we pay direct to the service providers like in the old days.Now we have all these companies simply to make money & cost more for power without making a stitch of electricity or gas.This mob just keeps getting dearer & dearer with no real explanation.We have cut our usage so much but in the last month its gone up another $100 almost.Thinking about solar but from whats told you get no real return because they stop your discounts making the cost almost the same.Governments thanks a lot for selling off our assets.

Mish
Mish

Unhappy customer.

I recently called energy australia to organise a payment plan with them. When i spoke to the lady she question me on why i wanted to do a payment plan. I informed her that i was unable to pay my bill in full as i am a uni student. She then question me how much money i receive every fortnight which made me upset because i felt that it was unprofessional and rude that she asked me that.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Lying unorganized company

My account was lost! even though I had received my confirmation welcome letter and they asked me to register again. They don't have any clear timetable of their peak and off-peak time. The bills are not sent regularly and they sometimes send a few bills together. The provide minimum online services. Even the eWise service has been ended and they said it was because their customers wanted a better service. It's a lie. Well, you could have provided a better service before discontinuing the other one. They are not with Flybuys. Not a good customer support. I will switch to another service as soon as my contract ends.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hey Daniel, I apologise for the inconvenience that these issues have caused you. Would you like to email me your details at help@energyaustralia.com.au? I'll be able to get this sorted from there, thanks. - Jarrod

Daniel

The review was written 4 years ago, so it is a bit too late to sort it out, I switched to another energy provider this month.

Harpo

Incompetent energy providers

fronk_l
fronk_lMelbourne

What Customer Service?

Got an overdue notice but no bill before it. Called them today hoping to get a copy of the "lost" invoice - waited for over 55 minutes before an answer. And the consultant said " Don't tell me. It's about the overdue notice and no bill?" Geez, can't these people think about putting a notice up on their website to say there's been a recent billing issue? Or even a tele-prompt?
Issue dealt with promptly - I hope!
Aged considerably waiting for a consultant, when they could have put a notice up on the web page.

My year of living with EA

Jimmy B Rustled
Jimmy B RustledMoe

They could suck more

Things were running smoothly as TRU Energy. But then the merge happened. No quarterly bill arrived. Instead I was greeted with a 6 month bill. So I paid that. The next bill arrives, this time quarterly, saying I owed $16.46, my discount from the last bill which I paid on time. Ring them up and fixed the problem in under 10 minutes. That was the positive part. However, the guy on the phone said sometimes the system "misses" the discount. Even after this, I still hate them less than Origin and Lumo, and of the major retailers their prices are the best in my area. I guess we're forever doomed to choose between the least worst retailer rather than the best.
Surprisingly quick to pick up the phone and useful too.
Incompetence.

Beeper
BeeperBendigo

Billing problems

I changed over to Tru Energy now Energy Australia a number of years ago and never had any problems
with my billing till they changed to Energy Australia. The last 3 bills I have paid by the due date using Bill Pay and I continue receiving Reminder Notices saying I owe the discounted amount for not paying on time.

I contacted them by email but no one bothers to reply. Received a generic reply saying the matter will be attended to within 5 working days. Trying to get through to a customer service consultant is near impossible. Their customer service is a disgrace. I am going to move to another provider.
Good discount provided
Disgraceful customer service and inefficient billing service.

aussieniks
aussieniksSydney, NSW

Incompetent and not helpful

Nugmeister
NugmeisterMelbourne

Not happy with the price increases

Joined EA through Energy Watch in 2011. They were then the cheapest we could find. Have had no probs with billing or customer service, but since the merger with Tru Energy, we are now paying Tru energy's inflated rates, which meant a 15% price increase on January 1 this year, a total of 33% price increase in less than 2 years. I am talking about the actual rate (18 c/kwh to 24c/kwh) and supply charge as well. Contract is up in a couple of months, so will wait till then to leave. Not very happy with EA for signing people up on cheap rates and then bumping them up. There are now many cheaper retailers to choose from.
Accurate prompt bills
33% price increase in less than 2 years

Petendel
PetendelVictoria

Nuetral Review As They Don't Seem to Want Me

I needed to get a new retailer after going solar and my existing retailer (Origin) had very high tariffs for TOU. EA do not put rates on the web for solar - you have to ring. Rang them and was verbally given some rates. I asked them to email them to me in a contract. Oh no - we don't email - can only send by snail mail. Gave them my address but the information never arrived.

Given that they can't send a simple contract via email, and can't even mail it, my degree of confidence in them dealing with any issues was very low so I did not bother them any more.
Seemed to be an Australian call centre
Extremely poor response in supplying marketing information

Unreliable information from Energy Austral;ia