Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees
judy
judyAdelaide

Tariffs feedback

Shame on you energy Australia. We are encouraged to go cleaner energy with solar, so what do you do, drop the feed in tariff rate. You and the government should be ashamed, but you don’t your big and powerful and couldn’t care less about us paying your wages.

honesty
honestysydney

Sadly they are no longer competive

Michelle
MichelleSydney, NSW

Sigh. An hour of my life I'll never get back again...

Da T.
Da T.

don't use if you have a choice

Services are alright, but they charge you for a call out fee to get the meter re-read when it was their issue that the initial reading put in the wrong number.
(my bill gone up from usual 200 to 1000) they said if I don't get a re-read and the next reading shows the difference (number gone back down), I will be credit back, but who knows.

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity and Gas

Brenton L
Brenton LMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Changed the Solar feed in tariff without notification

I have been with Energy Australia for over 10 years. I got solar panels and switched to a new plan. First bill and they reduced the solar feed in tariff without notification. Contacted them and after 7 days, one live chat and 2 phone calls they still cannot produce the notification. Even with a SPECIALIST saying they would do it in 48 hours. Even their SPECIALIST can’t find the notification and unable to send it. Changing contract details such as rates without notification is very poor and a good way to lose customers. Wasted too much time with them on this. I have switched to a better deal and getting close to my my original contracted feed in tariff rate.

MicoCologneWico
MicoCologneWico

Subpar/Overpriced

Was given a trial period with EnergyAustralia.
However overpriced for the annual (3 month period). For a single apartment owner.
If EA charged/billed monthly (not annually). I would transfer right back too EA.
However probably not possible anytime soon. If most Australian Power Distributers
charged/billed per month. Pretty sure they would probably force Dodo out of business by now.
While also saving on using overseas resources for added power too Australian homeowners & businesses.

@SHiK
@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive rates!

I have my elec and Gas acc with them, good customer service, the online account is easy to use. they not have chat as well, overall pretty happy with them!

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Gareth O.
Gareth O.South East Queensland, QLD

This review was 5 Stars but my quoted 16.1 cents Solar Feed in was incorrect

consumer07
consumer07Sydney, NSW

EA absolutely fine then over the past couple of years ridiculous errors etc

Find out how EnergyAustralia compares to other Energy Providers

Solar reading failed and just done an estimate

Had my first quarterly bill with EnergyAustralia and also a new solar system installed which is a 6.6kw system. I received a bill which I should have been in credit for. Instead of re reading the meter they just left. Finally got onto them and getting a re read tomorrow. Fingers cross it actually comes in credit.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
mike s.
mike s.

lack of customer experience-New Customer

Trying to get a connection to new build. Questions will take 20 minutes (I am at work) and ONLY oper 8-5 to me customer services IS NOT their strong point. Was considering total package solar, battery and gas though on bottles so maybe not

Rates and Fees
Jay
JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not so satisfied

The billing errors and issues surrounding their meter reading few years ago, which resulted us in leaving Energy Australia, was poorly handled. However the refund they told us we were owed was easy enough to sort and took just few minutes via Live Chat today (2/10/19). Though I have yet to receive the funds, as it takes 3-5 business days. I'm also positive the amount owed to me was much more but who really has the time to seek out meter reading records and calculate actual amount?

Dalapetus
DalapetusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cheap Rates?

Not fine

Feeling bad after seeing bill of electricity it is of $400 even though we are not using equipment such as iron and heater. How it's possible. I call but not solution.

ServicesElectricity
Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Meena, I am sorry the bill you received has left you feeling this way. There are multiple reasons that you bill can increase I am happy to help you understand this more if you would like to email me at: help@energyaustralia.com.au

pillybeeHunter Region, NSW

Meter Readings

When challenging you bill and being offered another meter reading for a price, dont except this as the same person who read the meter before will read it again, he is a subcontractor of Ausgrid.
'Have found out thru contact with Ausgrid who read our meters that the subcontractor for our area is unreliable and is not saying they are estimated readings. I have referred this to the Ombudsman (EWON) and local MP for investigation.

Bronwyn Lavis
Bronwyn Lavisasked

Can you please tell me what rate i am on with my solar

Bronwyn Lavis
Bronwyn Lavisasked

How do i find out what rate im on with my solar?

Kate
Kate

There is on your bill, ussually last page, smaller print (Your electricity usage and service calculation): "Feed-in Tariff" - shows you the price in kWh/day or just kWh
I used probably a website to compare those tariffs: https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/solar-calculator/, I am not sure do you have similar in South Australia?
It depends what solar system you have got - I have no battery therefore charges for usage are higher with most of energy retailers. It needs to check all details (Supply Charge, Peak Consumption, Off Peak Consumption) plus talk to them to get better deals.

kathyasked

Has anyones gas bill doubled mines gone from 359 to 733.00 for one person

Fatih D.
Fatih D.

It’s happen to me aswell . Stay away they just ripping you off

kathy

Yes its unreal so its happened to you too,so who have you changed to.

Buba m.
Buba m.

first quarter was normal then bang double in usage nothing changed single person . I have a lots of low power things running to cut the cost of elec. I now remember why I left them a few years ago.

Get an answer from our members and EnergyAustralia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers