Engel MT45

12 questions from our users

Cary x

Cary xasked

MT45

My 40ltr engel fridge/freezer has recently started to drain most of my battery flat over night, seems to be running quite often. Have replaced my 100ah agm with a new 135ah agm and the problem is still on going. What could it be, on our way to the Cape and will need to have it sorted. Running engel as freezer at -11 which I've done for the past 6years.

Shane

G'day Cary, I'm not sure if its the same issue -but I had a similar event while on Fraser a while ago. I run an Optima battery ( as the dual / 2nd battery) I would drive a few hours a day without topping it up on a solar panel. Thinking this would be enough to keep it charged. It is but not for a few days, the battery was slowly using more power than I was putting in. When it gets down to 10.5 to 11 volts while running the fridge it needs a good charge to get it up to speed again. Your freezer will draw a max of 2.5 a/h's per hour for memory. I thought I would fully charge my battery with a hour of driving, this is not the case I've been told it can take 4-5 hours of driving. A good quality 120a/h battery will drain to about 50%-60% meaning you'll get about 50 hours at 1 a/h , 25 hours at 2 a/h ( ballpark) . But that's draining it to the max.
The solution is not to let it drain that far down and try to recover by driving a few hours a day. Solar is needed as soon as you stop to keep it 80% charged plus at all times. I'm also off to the Cape again in June , can't wait.
So charge it up fully ( volt meter will be 12.8 / 13 v) and maintain a charge via solar ( or 240v) and see how that goes. And try not to discharge it to the max to often, they can struggle to recover - I could be wrong but that sounds that could be the situation in your case. Cheers Shane 0406 787473

Jeannie D.

Jeannie D.asked

MT45

We can buy a thermostat for $90. Is it able to replace our thermostat which is unable to turn itself off when it reaches temperature

Russellasked

MT45F-S

My Engel cycles on for 4 seconds then off for 4 seconds and repeats this for as long as it is turned on.
It starts doing this as soon as it is turned on.

G'day Russell,

Some thing wrong there, if you have set on ? say -5 , it will run for a while and turn off for short periods. After 24 hours or so it'll run less and be off longer as the fridge has achieved its desired temp.
It sounds like a thermostat or control setting issue. You'll need to get it to a Engel service agent to have it checked/ fixed. Might still be under warranty ? Cheers
Shane.

Russell

It short cycles as soon as you turn it on , it never achieves temperature - it does not matter what number you set the thermostat to.

Clean not green

Clean not greenasked

Hello I have a 40th Anniversary MT45F G4 S
It belonged to my late father and I believe he bought it March 2005 , I am trying to establish if it is 40 or 60 litres , it looks quite large ? I am selling it to buy one smaller
Many thanks Jayne Dexter

danti
danti

Still available?

John M.

John M.asked

what is the load current of MT 45F-S

G'day John,

The fridge / freezer draws a small amount of power - as a guide between 1 and 2 amp per hour , depending on the outside temp / where the fridge is placed etc. If you have a reasonable dual battery setup with a DC-DC charger / good AGM battery etc. and your travelling each day it'll just keep running.
If your stopped for a few days , you'll need to have a solar blanket to top up the battery.
Any questions pls feel free to ask ( or call 0406 787473) Happy touring.
Cheers
Shane.

Angry19

0.5 - 2.8 amps at 12.8volts.

Simon C.

Simon C.asked

What year is a MT45F-G4-P

reg gasked

how old would my 40th anniversary mt45f-g4-s engel be

Angry19

I think it was released in 2005.

ok thanks

Mitchoasked

How to replace a display battery in a Engel MT45-s

Angry19

Yes, remove the lid, then unfasten the screws holding the entire top cover around the control/display. A couple are at the back, part of which comes off with the cover. Remove cover carefully, making sure wires stay connected, then you'll see the battery in it's socket inside the cover by the back of the display. If I remeber right, the scrws holding the hinges on are the front ones for the cover too, so they have to come out.

It becomes obvious as you remove the screws and lift it off.

Mitcho

Thanks very much - I knew it must be easy but couldn't find any info on line. Cheers

Bill

Billasked

MT45

DID ENGEL MAKE A MODELmt45S-G4-P?iF SO HOW OLD WOULD IT BE NOW?

Ken W.

Ken W.asked

MT45

What are the measurements of the unit

Baz
Baz

I don’t know
The review was to poo-poo Engel and their service agents
Cheers

KERRY SHORT

KERRY SHORTasked

please explain the difference between the models ie MT 45S OR .fp and cp

One has a light in it, when you open the door as far as I know,mine has no light and turbo freeze,temp gauge,basket

David keen

David keenasked

MT45F-S

Whats the best site to buy spare parts need new thermostat?

Engel MT45