Engel MT45

Engel MT45 (page 2 of 2)

MT45F-S, MT45FCP, MT45FP and MT45FL

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

How good are engel fringes!!

I looked at the cheapies, the no names, the waeco, and settled on just forking out the coin to get the real deal. Glad I did, it is great. Doesn't seem to draw a lot of power, never flattened my batteries, and I run it all the time when I'm away.
Sturdiness, good travel cover, cold cold rum.
Lacks factory fitted tie down points bar the handles and they will bend?

Nothing beats it

Purchased 4 years ago ,absolute bullet proof ,reliable,cant fault it.Use at as second fridge at home has been drowed on one occasion,thought that was the end of it.Left it for a day to dry out pluged it back in and it works like new.Been in 4wd over some pretty bad conditions and has never failed.You buy this fridge as an investment as it just keeps going
Ultra reliable,tough as they come.
Cant fault it in 4 years

Just a quick follow up,fridge still going strong no problems at all ,been to cape over Tele track etc twice never let me down ,

It was good for a few years.

We purchased fridge in 2003 from anaconda penrith
It has worked fine and still is working ok, BUT, over the last couple of years a bubble has developed in the evaporater (thats the part inside the fridge with pipes running through it).
The bubble is on the bottom of evaporater and is about 6cms wide x 2cms high, I phoned Engel and they said "it would cost more to repair than the cost of a new fridge."
It looks like the powder coating has seperated from aluminium of evaporater. The fridge has been looked after, not immersed or damaged internally,it is just a poorly made part. Hopefully it will hang on for a few more years!
Fridge has done the job so far, transport cover is good value, elect. cords good.
Expensive, should come with tie down brackets included. I brought brackets last week and screws in kit had been changed to bigger size. I have been using straps before that.

Very happy with my Engel

Very reliable fridge. Have not had any trouble at all. A good size for short camping trips or day trips into the bush. On a long camping trip would be better to have a larger fridge. Uses very little power once down to temperature. Temperature control is very good. Cools down very quickly. Not cheap but definately worth paying a little extra for this sort of quality. The canvas cover help insulate the fridge and protects it too.
Easilly detachable lid. Very low power consumption. Handy led light inside. Good temperature control.

fantastic

an excellent performer in refridgerating or freezing and has a low current draw on both 240v or 12v power.we generally use this unit as a fridge and we have 14 litre engel which we use as a freezer on trips away.can definately recommend this brand to consumers.Would be the best brand on the market,but the most expensive
reliable, rugged and will work well on an angle,does not need to be level.
expensive,but you get what you pay for