Engel MT80

3.6

Peterg
PetergRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It could be better..it has the potential to be..But Engel are resting on their past...

Purchased in June 2017.

Amps and motor

Ad a yachty liveonbord and can say this model is great. No 1 . Don't make noise in my HF AM RADIO. Waco do.
I had a 40 l used 28 Ramos a day in 30 at a 1.5 setting, full up. This up at 11' S 152' East in PNG

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Fridge Good - After sales service RUBBISH

Bought a MT80F in October, 2010. In May 2011 the little screw cap on the 12-volt lead (plug into cigarette lighter) broke. I emailed Customer Service - was basically told that it was of "superior quality" and to take it to the retailer I bought it from.
The retailer has told me that "they" meaning Engel are being rude and arrogant and difficult to deal with, and I would probably just get a replacement plug.
For a $1900 fridge/freezer a replacement (better quality) lead would not be too much to ask.
I'll will be trying a Waeco next time.
Fridge/freezer is good. Good Size for family

Find out how Engel MT80 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Paul C.
Paul C.asked
MT80

I just brought a 80 lt dual zone could its all new to me can someone tell me if I freeze all my meat in freezer side an run it off my solar what is a good setting for the unit ito be running at cheers

David hawkins
David hawkinsasked
MT80

Hi I have a older 80L about 15 yo can I put the devider in it to make it fridge one side and freezer the other side. Kind regards
David Hawkins.

Aaron Gardener
Aaron Gardenerasked
MT80

Honestly some of these comments are just laughable. Everyone thinks they’re high and mighty when they are actually just a tad ignorant and self involved. Brilliant fridge, and the hardcore campers and fishermen will testify to this. Mine is 10 years old and still almost silent.... not sure what’s wrong with yours folks.

Engel MT80

Engel MT80F-C
  • Discontinued

Engel MT80F-C

3.0
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $1,999.00$2,049.00$1,949.00
Type Fridge OnlyDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity80L75L
Can Capacity118 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletBattery, Car (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
Weight39 kg42 kg
Dimensions 561 x 790 x 490 mm561 x 790 x 490 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Construction MaterialStainless SteelSteel