Entertainment Book

Entertainment Book

• Trip Completed Yes (7) · No (30)
  • Ease of Booking

Pete

PetePerth, WA

Not good

Please go back to the first app very disappointed with this, it crashed and cost me $30. I spent ages setting up my favourites and poof they all had to be reinstalled because iPhone 6 is a bit of a problem, hello.

Helen I.

Helen I.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very, Very Disappointing

Lee

LeeLaunceston, TAS

What a woeful way to run a business

I have spent hours attempting to call in regards to a recent purchase, without any success. Constant on-hold music for hours and then call termination.
No response via facebook so have had to resort to sending refund request via the website.
Legally they are bound to refund my money or I will be contacting the ACCC.
After having read the reviews and seen the new app, I can understand why so many subscribers will not be renewing their association with this mob.

Dissatisfied with new App

Find the app to be a cheap comparison to the previous. Poorly designed as difficult to find options. Less visually appealing. So many restaurants now
not available. I did not use the app during covid as recognised restaurants were struggling - they really aren't now as difficult to get bookings. Please restore the previous app. If no improvement then I wont be buying this in future as is waste of money for me..

Natasha O.

Natasha O.

Please return to old app

This is extremely user unfriendly- it is clunky and difficult to search general ideas for discounts you may be interested in. As others have indicated, please bring back the ease of navigation and look of the old app. Have purchased for years, unlikely to purchase in the future with this functionality

Go the frow

Go the frowPerth, WA

Extremely Disappointed

Nola

NolaPerth, WA

Same old same old

Waited for months for brand new update that appeared yesterday.Useless only change is swipe down instead of across. Doesn't show used venues unless you tap then starts from beginning again so time consuming. Better improve or more negative responses forthcoming.

Deanomeister

DeanomeisterSouth East Queensland, QLD

New app is diabolical.

After literally 2 decades of buying the book, and later the digital membership, I was interested to see what was in store with the new app. We have tried several times to use it now. Please bring the old one back, or something similar to it. The new app is horrendous, clunky, and frustrating. We won’t be buying a new membership unless the new app is overhauled again. So disappointed.

Ecka

Eckaperth

Will not purchase again with this Appalling App

I will not be purchasing again if that app remains! I have always purchased the book which I loved. We were forced to go app and I loved the original one with gold crown. This one is appalling! Very difficult to use. In fact I think it is the most user unfriendly app I have ever had. Why would you change something that works. Leave it alone! No value here.

Simba

SimbaSydney, NSW

Total, complete and absolute RUBBISH

The new app is so appalling, with such bad navigation, UX and poor design - it is almost impossible to believe that management would have signed off on this. No point in going in to further detail.

It fails the 101 test.

Worst app ever

Not sure what possessed the powers of B to change a perfectly good working app that was “user” friendly. Places that used to be on the old app have been removed. Very disappointing when you’ve paid for offers that have been taken away. The tutorial video is a waste of time. It doesn’t even match the app. (no such option to “explore all”)
Whoever approved this app change should try using it or perhaps listen to your feedback as I haven’t seen or spoken to one happy user since the change. Won’t be wasting my money on buying the next edition. I feel sorry for the businesses that use this platform to draw customers as there won’t be many subscribers left after this disaster!

Susan

Susan

Not happy Jan!

Why oh why would you change a perfectly functional & easy to use app? Like everyone else I have found it difficult to navigate & am annoyed I can no longer find my stored favourite venues. Think you will need to change it fast or you and the various charities involved will lose customers.

Wish I could give this 0 stars

Absolutely the worst App I have ever used. I have been an Entertainment book user for many years, first the book and then digital but I am sorry to say, I won't be renewing if the current app is my only option. I have always put in a suburb to see which restaurants are available and now I can't work out how to do that and why scroll across instead of down? I can't recall the last time I felt compelled to write a review of something and certainly not a bad review but this just had to be said.

Ronnie

RonnieFar North Queensland, QLD

Restaurants

Some restaurants have been taken off while you have paid for the membership.
Rattle n hum bar and grill.
Bring the book back. Have emailed and phoned, no reply

Very disappointed.

Trip CompletedNo

New app is useless!

Please return the old app, or improve the new one by listing the restaurants by category like it used to be in the old app. I can’t find anything interesting now

Find out how Entertainment Book compares to other Booking Services

Terrible. No shops know how to use it

Have tried to use it on 3 occasions at 3 different places and not a single person has known how to activate the discount - hence no discount applied. A complete waste of money.

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Terrible new app

The new app is difficult to navigate does not show offers in a particular location with ease. Unfortunate that they have changed the app and I will not be repurchasing. As are the sentiments of others I have spoken to.

Please bring the book back

The app is terrible. People who buy the entertainment guide choose their restaurants by the deal and then look at location (not the other way round). What was great about the book is you could sit down on a Sunday afternoon and look at the diff sections - gold, purple, blue etc and then plan out where you were going to go because you could see everything on the one place and flick from page to page. I like to look for 2 for one deals. But in the app, I have to go to each place on the map to look at the deal and then find out that it’s only some small percentage off amd keep trying until I get one. Instead, I want to find all the best deals (2 for one) - 50% off. Then work out where they are, then go.

Sandra L

Sandra LQueensland

What have they done too the app !!

I’ve bought the entertainment book for years & really loved to use it until they changed the App, it’s terrible to navigate , won’t save all my favourites & doesn’t even make it easy too see where a restaurant is. Seriously thinking of giving it a miss if they don’t improve

Johanna Bradley

Johanna BradleyFar North Queensland, QLD

False advertising and no stuffed around

My employer offered a "bonus $70 worth" on Entertainment App. So I signed up and then realised where, what and how do I get my "bonus $70"??
The contact provided was an expired email. Then a number I was given went through to someone who was to high up to deal with me. It was weeks of emailing back n forward trying to get a simple answer. Never was resolved. Still 6 months left so will see if I use it enough to do another year or not...
Also the app tells me I am a Gold Card, but there is absolutely NO information as to what that means.