Entertainment Book

Entertainment Book

• Trip Completed Yes (0) · No (2)
  • Ease of Booking
PG18

PG18Melbourne

I hope who approved the app changes has been sacked

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Check the venue first before ordering

Went to Subway kilsyth with the buy one get one free. Asked if they still accepted it and told no, even though the voucher was valid. Experienced it in several bistros too. The look of annoyance they give is embarrassing. So you are paying for a product that doesn't always deliver.

New App Crap

New app allows you to save one favourite, provides no history and is not user friendly. I emailed them about a month ago and they assured me these things would be fixed. Bring back the old app please.

Kathy

KathyPerth, WA

New App is difficult to use

I don’t like the new app. Too many photos to scroll through and no list of local eateries. The map is not easy to use either. Unlikely to purchase again this year.

Howard

HowardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Entertainment Book goes backwards

The Entertainment book used to be great value, I have bought it every year for at least 12 years. But over the last 12 months a lot of the restaurants who used to accept it, in Adelaide, have dropped off. This may be due to C19. However, what was a very good app has now gone completely downhill. It is harder to navigate, less features and the look and feel of it is terrible. Entertainment book lift your game and go back to what was a good app.

Maz

MazMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Give us a choice

Every year I would buy 5 books for friends/family and myself. Last year I bought the app, only the one as no one else wanted it. I wish I had not bothered. I hate it. It is not user friendly at all and very frustrating. PLEASE go back to or give us a choice of having the book or app. I am afraid I will not be purchasing the app again.

Steven M.

Steven M.South East Queensland, QLD

New app different, but just as good.

New look app took a while to start working after technical issue with Android phones, but it was worth the wait. The app, despite what others have commented, is logical and easy to use. All the offers that interested me can be placed in the favourites cue. I've recommended it many times and will renew it without question.
The key to getting the best out the Entertainment App is to initially spend some quality time exploring it and keep tapping the favourite button each time you see an offer you are interested in. Eventually you'll have all your suitable offers in one place that is much easier to skim through than going through thousands of offers each time. If you dont use the favourite function, you wont get the best from this app.

Stuart C.

Stuart C.Perth, WA

Great restaurants if you can find them

Have been a member for many years and am now using the electronic version. Find it difficult for searching restaurants when planning travel around WA particularly if searching by region.

App not the same as vouchers

I agree, we have always purchased 2 books each year, but find the App difficult to use, think they have lost quite a few sales since going digital, especially the older generation. Won’t be buying 2021 version. Voucher more friendly for all

disappearing vochers

bought the new app ,( had the book for many years )some local places in the app convinced me to buy the app. Downloaded app the places I wanted were there. couple days later app wanted to update under the guise of more places to go so I update . Check later the places we wanted had gone the update had taken them. What happened to contract law sell you something ,pay then its gone. Never again while this remains an app things can always disappear be your eyes. This is now the Houdini Book of disappearing offers. never AGIAN

Jennie

JenniePerth, WA

Offers disappear off the digital book

Went for dinner last night and an offer that was on my app 2 weeks ago was no longer there. I had noticed this earlier in the year but thought I was imagining it. I had always assumed that they weren’t allowed to withdraw offers. Won’t be buying it again.

BrisShopper

BrisShopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed many businesses no longer in new book so less value

I live in Brisbane and have purchased Entertainment Books for many years - book version and then digital. This year purchased the Multi city one year digital version to get Gold Coast offers also. I have been disappointed so far to already come across at least 6 deals that I used to use each year in previous versions are no longer available, therefore reducing the value to me. My guess is that when renewals came up this year many businesses no longer participated due to being closed or experiencing reduced business due to Covid at the time. Being digital you can't really see that deals have reduced until you have already purchased it. If it doesn't pick up next year, may no longer purchase.

Nichola

Nichola

Bring back the original book!

What a shame the entertainment book has gone digital only. I have purchased the book for many years but will no longer be doing so. I do not own a smart phone and have no wish to do so. What a shame for the charities and schools that benefit from their entertainment book sales. Please bring back the original version!

Not honouring vouchers during COVID.

Quite a few places are not honouring the vouchers in 2020 due to Covid. They need to be deleted from the online book once Entertainment Book is notified to avoid further disappointment.

No book

No hard copy book, that counts us out.
Big mistake entertainment book, not everyone has a suitable phone or the technology to use that technology
We will no longer be buying our two books and our group of friends are likewise backing out. It will also effect a lot of people who fundraise through this platform. Even if a limited number of books were printed for us oldies and available on first come first served basis it may work better for some. Bad move.

Find out how Entertainment Book compares to other Booking Services

Dining offers OK. Travel offers are a rip-off.

Have used EB for a number of years and reasonably happy with the dining offers. But forget the travel offers. The airline sites offer the exact same prices to non-members.

Andy S

Andy SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless on line website

Having been a member for many years, it's extremely disappointing to see how Entertainment book have destroyed their great website which enabled members to search for, and compare restaurants/cuisines. It is now impossible to search for an Indian or Thai restaurant in a region of Adelaide. Only specific suburb searches are allowed, or "Near You" (I live in Adelaide, but the near me venues provided are in Sydney!). All this happens at a snail's pace. Please bring back the old search system!

Missed

Missed

E-gift cards sold out

Tried buying Chemist warehouse gift card and also David Jones gift card. All sold out. Been 6 months looking out if more would be available. No luck. Looks like if you don’t buy beginning of the year it’s tough luck. Very disappointed.

whitepointer

whitepointer

Travel Offers are not good

Jen Langmaid

Jen LangmaidSydney Surrounds, NSW

Purchased 4 event cinemas Gold Class tickets - Bad Decision!

I purchased 4 tickets for gold class through a promotion the Entertainment Book had! I for some reason didn't receive them and when I finally chased them up in September they resent them. Unfortunately they still had the original 6 month validity on them - so went to sue them last week and couldn't. I don't know how these companies get away with taking your money ($160) and then whacking a 6 month validity on the tickets. If you are unable to use them you are left high and dry! when I called to voice my disappointment - the care factor was zero!!! Wont be buying any tickets from them again nor investing in the Entertainment Book golng forward!!