Entertainment Book

Entertainment Book

• Trip Completed Yes (2) · No (1)
vpctv

vpctvTasmania

Won't publish negative reviews

We have the digital version this which has its own issues but the real issue when you have reviewed a restaurant from within the app they won't publish it if it is negative in any way. So you have no faith in any of the reviews on anything on offer. Most of the restaurants are second rate and we've have some truly shocking meals..

Carol C

Carol CCanberra 2600, ACT

Versatile, value for money and treasured until 2020, when it goes digital

I have been a user of the Entertainment Book from around 2008, and have always found the hard copy paper vouchers and card easy to use with vendors. Now I won't be able to trade or share my vouchers with other humans; collate vouchers according to suburb for dining and thus carry them in my purse; have an alphabetical list, where I can cross off businesses that have closed or not honouring vouchers.

Online books, music, newspapers, etc, cannot be shared with other humans, especially when it is not needed, and therefore a more selfish way of living. I am sad to see the EB go the same way and will pine for its hard copy demise and hope it makes a comeback when the owners/creators see sense.

Justwantinternet

JustwantinternetHunter Region, NSW

Extremely poor customer service but good value for use in restaurants

Despite attempts to contact them on multiple platfirms - phone, email , messenger - with queries about why a February purchase showed an expiry date of 06/2020 instead of 96/2021 no one replied

Booking Services

Find out how Entertainment Book compares to other Booking Services

Kaussie

KaussieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed in 2020

I’ve loved and supported this book for many years and even sold them to fundraise for a research fund that’s dear to me. Not this year however! I’ve even reversed my own order today after finding out they’re now totally digital! That won’t work for a large proportion of my friends who prefer the tear out vouchers. Some local vendors would stamp the voucher then return it to you! There isn’t even a price reduction to offset the digital format when they’ve no longer got printing costs! Really believe it’s the charities that will suffer too.

Sally

SallySydney, NSW

A processing fee was added to gift card purchases

Firstly, David Jones gift card has been removed from the Gift cards which was very disappointing.
secondly, a processing fee has recently been introduced for the purchase of Gift cards.

Pam

PamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Visit to Roll’d in Eastland

We were disappointed that when we produced our Entertainment voucher at Roll’d in Eastland Ringwood, it was not accepted. They claimed they were not a participating outlet. We expected that all outlets under this chain would be required to accept the vouchers.
How are we to know in advance which outlets of any chain do not participate in the Entertainmnet Book. They get the benefits of advertising without participating.

They don’t follow up emails and complaints

I have emailed Entertainment Book twice now with a complaint / query with no reply. Will not be purchasing one again!
Expected better customer service from this organisation. Very disappointing!

Stephanie C.

Stephanie C.asked

Can you still log on and buy travel stuff through the website? Used to book hotels and theme park tickets and would like to buy the membership. But only if I can get travel discounts.

Debbie
Debbie

Hi I’ve had a look for you and it’s so hard to navigate Very confusing I couldn’t find the travel section as easily as I used too Everything has changed Sorry I couldn’t be of more help They really need to fix this issue

Rodd

Roddasked

Trying to find rottnest fast ferries on the Western Australian version. Booked tickets with the discount now can't find them on this useless app. Any help out there

Jennifer S.

Jennifer S.asked

If we are going on a 3 week holiday to Darwin. Do you think we would get valuable from purchasing the entertainment book?