Epson Expression Home XP-400

MPNs:C11CC07401 and XP-400
1.1

8 reviews · Statistics

0%8 · 100%
Brand Manager for Epson? Claim your listing.
See the Best Printers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Epson Expression Home XP-400 / › XP-4008 reviews
Melody C.
Melody C.
  XP-400

I can see why it’s discontinued

We finally smashed it to bits. Always had trouble connecting it to WiFi, so we’d have to plug it up to the computer. Then the o my way it would print was if we had brand new ink cartridges in it, because if we went so much as a month without using it, the ink would dry up. Every time I would first try to use it, I would be in the phone with technical support for an hour at least while they would have me do a “print head cleaning” and printing test pages over And over until I’d run out of ink. Then when I purchased new ink, and replaced it, it would magically work.

Linds
Linds

Terrible printer

It can't print worth a damn and doesn't last. It constantly runs out of ink and prints way out of alignment. It prints blank pages and in backwards order too. Never have I used a worse printer than the Epson XP-400. This is a perfect example of planned obsolescence. You are forced to buy new ink constantly which is what I assume Epson wants. This is a money trap of a machine.

drb87
drb87AU2 posts

Didn't last long

May have been lucky to have it working for a year. Won't even print anything legible any more. Have tried many things to get it working properly again. Only use is for a scanner now. Very poor product. Tried Epson after getting fed up with HP printers. Will try my luck with a Canon next time. Not worth the money but I see it has been discontinued as a product anyway!

Bob
Bob

Terrible printer!!

This pile of junk is horrible so I'm not going to waste much time with a review. The only good thing about it is the size because it was small enough to fit in my garbage can. It is good if you love replacing ink cartridges, aligning print heads because someone shut the door too hard at the neighbor's house, trying to figure out why it won't connect, and love not being able to print in black just because one of the color cartridges is empty.

Brandy F
Brandy F

The worst printer ever

I have a Epson 400. I had continuous problems with it. A big money pit!! First it said low ink. I replaced all the ink. Then it would not print at all. When it finally decides to print it didn't print the complete page. Guess what, after printing 4 pages it said low black ink again. They should stick with making paper and not printers! It has been the worst printer I have ever had!!!

tminus5
tminus5VICGippsland, VIC6 posts
DE
DEPerth
  XP-400

Rubbish. Fights you every step of the way

Can't join the wifi network, colours are wrong despite using epson ink. It stopped me mid page to insist I change ink cartridge despite no loss of quality.

steve
steve2 posts

Absolute rubbish . DO NOT BUY

I have been having alot of trouble. I majority of the time print black. If the epson ahs a prob with the colour cartridge it wont print black. I find myself constantly buying colour ink that i rarely use to continue printing black. I am going to throw this piece of rubbish away

it is a piece of rubbish. I am very frustrated with it.