Equifax

Equifax (page 2 of 14)

See the Best Credit Score / Credit Repair Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Miss Capricorn

Miss CapricornMelbourne

Useless and hideous staff

Ended up taking equifax to the ombudsman and won. The call centre is overseas and the staff are useless and beyond rude. The company also doesn’t like to comply with the ombudsman request as the company, who is a credit agency of all things, a shambles.

WAM

WAMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very unhelpful and rude customer service agents

Stan

StanPerth

Wrong Name

I asked to cancel my Credit File Account, need to request 3 time before acknowledge, the they Address me the WRONG name Mr William, which i am Not that person, and here is what they said:
We apologise for any confusion, upon checking on our record you have requested your membership with Equifax Plus to be cancelled immediately.
How do you trust this Equifax to handle your personal details?

They are not updated

In a month my credit score was dropped almost 200 points . I called to customer care and not received satisfaction answer. They did not update my file on the time

Sean

SeanBrisbane

Take an arrogant position on my information...

Contacted these charlatans yesterday to discuss an unknown problem with my file. Confirmed all of my details and was told that they required my current emoloyer. When I refused, on the basis that they already had too much info on me (without my approval) they flatly refused to hand over the file.

I reiterated that I am not their "customer" and all I wanted was to see some suspected fraudulent activity on MY file with MY information, they still refused.

I can't believe in 2018, that a company like this exists!

Scan wasting your time and money keep away

I paid 900 dollars to fix my credit report and they emailed me back all good then star to receive calls from credit corp every day to pay $13000 I called Equifax I was informed that I have to pay that amount they mentioned the amount who they knew the amount, I believe Equifax and credit corp same company have two phone numbers keep away scanning many people

Total nonsense company scammers 100%

They subscribe you when you don’t ask for it, your emails don’t load. Limited call times. They are the worst, no logic in their process, you highlight an issue and sollee cannot help you. Go to hell.

Vik

VikSydney

I have too fallen into the trap, forced annual subscription

Like others, I have too been tricked by their automatic renewal. They have charged me again this year which was never mentioned anywhere on their website while signing up. The website even now just says that you need the Annual subscription for a yearly credit report. So we cannot do anything against these scammers?

Ben

BenBelconnen 2615, ACT

Unreliable reporting pattern that inaccurate and not up to date

I have had numerous problems with this company from being charged even though my subscription was canceled to not removing errors from my file. There calculating system is unreliable and outdated. I wish I could give a zero rating for this fraudulent company and it is beyond me why it is still be used by banks.

Useless & fraud company

Equifax shows my credit is ok. When apply for car loan, it says details does not match. Application declined. I requested for credit file again, it says it’s ok. No one answer call, long waiting time. CSR, or Supervisor don’t know what to do?? Replied sorry but we can’t help. I paid for yearly subscription. Waste of time and money.
It seems like fraud company & steals customers data.

is bad, really bad

Very poor phone manner, sorry they screwed up my time 25 mints just to identify me
think twice, how they can protect us, since they move customer service overseas.
Not recommended at all.

Tikiii

TikiiiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Systems been down for 1 week

Ordered my free report to fix and take control of my credit score. Was told would be sent to me within 24hrs, have been calling the past 5 days only to be told their system is down. Annoying and a big inconvenience.

M. Johnson

M. JohnsonHobart, Tasmania

Don't use this company

Signed up for a check in 2016 when the company was know as veda. I cancelled my memebership end of 2016 only to be charged twice in 2017 for 2 memeberships!! Complained, very poor phone manner. Finally had progress when requested to speak to manager. Recieved a refund and guarentee I was removed from their system. 2018 and would you believe it they have just taken more money from my account. Once again being given the run around when I call. Claiming they are unable to find deductions. Don't use this company! Imagine how many people don't check their bank accounts each year and are still getting charged....

Ardy

ArdyBallarat

The customer service was great

I had a problem with my score which eventually led to a correction being made by Equifax, and I am very unhappy still with the company being lazy in collecting the data from CBA and Macquarie. However, when I called Equifax, the phone respondent was very patient and helped me realising some stuff which I would never know about how banks delay reporting to Equifax as mandated by the law and known as CCR.
Her advice was great and am very happy of her help. I am premium member of Equifax as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with the service or not.

DVK

DVKSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

My credit rating was stuffed up by equifax and another financial institution blaming each other on monthly updates. Equifax didnt even try to look at my monthly statements as a proof.

EQUIFAX - If they cannot manage and secure their own accounts then they probably cannot secure perso

Honestly the worst customer service experience ever

Prasad

PrasadSydney

Worst customer service

If you like to listen to classical music, over and over again for hours and hours while you are on hold, this is the company for you. How the hell our credit file details end up with this Manila - Philippines base company is beyond my imagination. The Australian government should be shamed of itself.

I'm still on hold by the way...

Lewie

LewieAU

Poor service, called them and it took 45 min to work out they needed to update my credit card. Will never use again

Chris

Chris

Website down for days

The website has been down for days - if not, weeks!!

I am trying to get a copy of my file for employment purposes and it seems impossible to do so!!

Jacko

Jackoasked

Today i purchased a phone plan and I lost 60 points for that credit check. Is that normal?

BruserSnr
BruserSnr

Seems to be normal for Equifax. Sorry, I'm being sarcastic. Seriously, it is normal for accesses and enquiries to be noted on your file. I'm not sure how they can justify point loss for it, though.

Ccc
Ccc

10-15 points for each telco credit check (approx).

Kyliefirfilioni

Kyliefirfilioniasked

Is anyone knows how can I ban all my bank transactions?

Lilaclue
Lilaclue

I would contact your bank and ask them. If they are using your credit card, cancel it and have it replaced perhaps.

Cuddie
Cuddie

I have had the same problem with Veda a few years ago , on contacting my Bank I was told to cancel the card involved which did stop the mongrel thieves from accessing more of my money...........

kwv42asked

Could you please tell me the contact number?

As all I had was a email, even those on their website they said they can be contacted by phone.

lexxel
lexxel

they do have a phone number somewhere - however they have made it nearly impossible to find due to the aspects that they are a completely dishonest company

Veda declares legal statements upon investigations to FOS (Financial Ombudsman Services), yet I have tape recordings of Veda making statements to me directly on the phone that turns their statements made upon legal investigation as complete fraud.

Be aware if you do manage to speak to them on the phone, tape record them as they are completely dishonest

1300 762 207

kwv42

After trying for a number of months.

It is impossible to contact Veda via call centre as I rang the number for declined application it was sales, I ask for customer service I was given the sales number again, another number I was given had a recorded message saying this number was disconnected and another number was a company not Veda or part of Veda.

But I found a email address from The Financial Ombudsman Service and it is customerrelations.au@veda.com.au