Essastone

Essastone

See the Best Home Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt essastone

My Matt essastone bench top is only two weeks old. I have to agree, its the worst product out. Constantly wiping it, marks easily - even the stoppers on the base of my electric kettle leave marks which don't come off even though I have their cleaner. I wish I'd read the reviews before choosing it. Beautiful to feel and look at when first installed but I would never recommend this product. As for the 15 year warranty, I havent even gone there and by the look of other reviews, it would be a waste of time.

Job Satisfaction

Annie

AnnieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

So disappointed in this product !!

If I could give a rating of 0, I would. Just had my beautiful new kitchen completed on Friday 9/9 and the bench installed; colour and texture perfect!!! But what about the water stains, around the sink, the rim from glassware- you simply can not know the disappointment I have from this product. Matt finish - bitumen is the colour (happy with this). I don’t want to spend the rest of my time drying with a tea towel to remove the water stain marks. This product should NOT be used in a kitchen especially around the sink. My only regret is I didn’t read these reviews. So so disappointed really not sure what can be done !!!

Poor response, no customer service when your benches are flawed.

Our bench tops have a clear flaw. One of the slabs has a distinct yellow tinge- this is clearly not simply from exposure to light as it is fairly uniform and yellow on the edge which is not exposed to light. We have sought to have them replaced as you would expect when a product is faulty but aside from a representative coming to make an assessment ( no real follow up for a couple of months) nothing has been addressed. These bench tops are not cheap and while ‘ mistakes’ can happen, there is no point offering a substantial warranty if there is no intention to honour it. I had hoped that the company would seek to rectify this in a professional manner. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Very disappointing.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Emma

EmmaSouth West, WA

Stay away from the Matt finishes

If you like the idea of a gorgeous Matt concrete style finish then stay away from this product. I’ve purchased the Matt finish for my kitchen and it’s a shocking product, certainly not suitable for a kitchen bench top! Marks incredibly easily and cannot be removed, even water marks from the bottom of glasses stain. Laminex came and viewed and I had no joy, they gave me a botttle or cleaner that is no help! It’s the worst product in my new home, never again. It shouldn’t be allowed to be sold as a kitchen bench top! Shonky!

Don't think your warranty will be honored

Jean H

Jean HQueensland

Outraged!

The Essastone throughout our home (purchased when 8months old) has yellowed on the horizontal surfaces with a distinct border masked off. The representative saw the problem and said it would be refered to technicians. Today I’m informed the warranty is negated as I’m second owner!!! The statment of “reputation built on quality they are proud to back up with 15yr warranty” is blatent false advertising. House just over 3 years old.

Sam

SamEarlwood, Sydney

Huge Variation in the same batch !

Huge variation in the same batch, they insisted that there is no variation challenging more than 5 people and many photos. Thanks for Stone-Tech for Replacing the whole bench top at your expense.

It has white marks in several places

I have noticed white marks on bench top especially when the down lites are on in the morning can’t see them

Judy

JudyByron Bay

POOR QUALITY!! POOR SERVICE!!

misscatherineMelbourne

Looks and feels lovely, but chips too easily!

maxwell susac

maxwell susacasked

Does anyone have advice on colour I was going to choose nero assoluto but im being told it will leave water stains bad pleeeease

Realmcoy
Realmcoy

Due to binding agent in engineered quartz being resin (usually around 5%) in dark colours they reflect any changes in surface like oils being left behind. As the resin is different in make up to the quartz, when cleaning it is quite difficult to get a streak free look. Dark gloss colours are going to be a nightmare for cleaning in terms of a benchtop application in most instances. Even anti-fingerprint laminate, although better for protecting against day to day touching, isn't immune to watermark in black. The trick is minimise oils and detergents being left on the surface. That is, if you're cleaning with a detergent, followup that process with a papertowel or microfibre cloth and use a light evaporative cleaner, such as metho & water or window cleaner. The more grease, oils or detergent left on the benchtop, the susceptible it is to showing marks when touched or things moved over it. My rule of thumb with a benchtop is if you want it to be easy to maintain, choose a mid-tone or light colour with an attractive pattern or fleck as you will be less likely to notice the day to day fingermarks (visually) and it will look good for longer (not as noticeable scratch wise).

mayon

mayonasked

what kind of edge you choose?

M15hy

M15hyasked

Hi, what's the thickness of your bench? 20mm or greater?

misscatherine

Hi, it's 40mm. I don't think the thickness makes any difference as it's the top edge that is most likely to chip not the whole edge of the bench. It just can't take the same kind of relatively small knocks on the edge, that wood, steel or even laminex can easily take.

juliecharman
juliecharman

I have essa stone, worse top everchipped straight away, sick of wiping it god knows how many times a day. Would have wood any day over this

CategoryHome Renovators