Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L (page 2 of 4)

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

Sam K

Sam KSydney

Excellent size for a family

This slow cooker is a really good size for a large family. I use it to make up big batches of stews then divide them up and freeze them for quick Winter comfort meals. It is so easy to just throw all the ingredients inside and walk away to let it do it's thing.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Creeky

Creeky

Does it's job.

I am so very satisfied with this product as it is so good to use for like the whole family and for like friends and guests who happen to turn up. It is very easy to use. We use at least three to four times a week sometimes more. Good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Lisa1978

Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia

It Blew up !

I purchased this slow cooker as it was rather big for my large family we had it one month it worked as I expected but then I put a stew one and later that afternoon I heard a cracking sound , I walked towards the kitchen when the lid exploded , glass every where , I ran over and turned it off noticed it was burning hot ...... so sadly i just feel it was a faulty one but did not know , I was so glad my kids were not in the kitchen at the time or I was when the lid exploded.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Kath

KathCentral West, NSW

Perfect

Cooks great heats perfect
Perfect for family of four
Great price
Easy to clean
Not sure if dishwasher safe though
But no trouble to hand wash
Would totally recommend over the more expensive brands Have tried both
Cannot heat on hot plate as will crack
Perfect for winter meals
Plenty of menus online

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hails

HailsWestern Australia

Wonderful surprise

This slow cooker is wonderful although its not a high end brand it works just like a high end slow cooker with an affordable price tag . I cooked marinated chicken and it came out so tender and mouth watering I'm looking forward to cooking a roast beef in it to make beef and gravy to put in fresh bread rolls. It was easy to clean with a presoak right after it cooled and the easy turn dile allows to set to what you want in order to cook.

JA

JASouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Slow Cooker

I bought this cooker over the more expensive ones due to the reviews. I put lamb shanks in it and after 6 hours I picked up a bone and the meat just fell off. Sooo tender. I noticed that it seemed to be boiling a fair bit on the lowest setting. I am not sure if it suppose to do that but the outcome was delicious. It may cook a bit quicker than what recipe says.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharol

SharolClaremont Meadows

Cooking essential!

It works very well, brings out the flavor in food. It is a bit heavy and hard to clean but very good for cooking easy meals. Just put all the ingredients and do other things, in few hours you can smell the yummy meal ready to eat. Very convenient to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Taznmat

TaznmatWarragul

Just as good as the expensive brands!

I brought this slow cooker after comparing different models on the Choice website. I have found it to be excellent. Bowl is nice and bit for my large family and has cooked my roasts to perfection. Would recommend to anyone looking for great value for money and easy cooking preparation!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Wizard_aus

Wizard_ausMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product so far

Wasn't sure if he kids would like a slow cooked meal but thought we would try it out anyway.
We did a chicken Casserole and the kids loved it.
Cooked the food to perfection and was very tasty.
The only thing I found that it burnt some stuff to the crock pot but that came off very easy after soaking for a while.
very happy with the product so far

jennifer

jenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Easy to use does the job nicely very handy nothing spectacular but value for the price this is used alot in my house especially in winter l go to work l come home to a yummy cooked meal so saves so much time and energy very easy to clean l love mine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jade

JadeSydney, NSW

Great.

Pretty basic set up easy to use clean & also store.
Love the meals I can whip up in it, and for just being a non expensively branded one does the jod great love it . Definitely a go to weekly in my house hold. Very happy with it .

Date PurchasedMar 2011
JennyJ

JennyJPerth

cheap and basic but does the job that it is meant to do

Date PurchasedMay 2017
ExSol

ExSolBrisbane

This makes tasty meals so much easier!

So many great recipes out there for slow cookers. Meals have tasted great and cleaning up is so easy. Have found that we are getting cooked through food earlier than expected so it could be running hotter than it should but don't know for sure. We're still experimenting and learning to use. We also had the plastic smell at first but it has since gone away. Really glad to have got this awesome value slow cooker.

Gillian Mathewson

Gillian MathewsonBrisbane

Great Size Great Price

I purchased this for those cold nights and hot meals, this is a great purchase, I have 2-3 slow cookers and this one is great value for money. You wouldn't be disappointed in this easy to use appliance.
Simple settings and the guide that came with it provided some basic cooking instructions.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Burga

BurgaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad

This slow cooker is not bad but the ceramic insert means I can't sauté on the stove first. I wish I had bought one with a stainless steel insert as I think the ceramic insert imparts a particular odour to the food which smells quite peculiar. I'm not happy with it and not sure it will see another season through. I can feel a donation coming on!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Pam

PamFairhope

Didn't last

This started out great for awhile, but soon seemed to take forever to heat up, even on the high cycle. The heating element was all over the place, went from boiling, once it got there, to simmering, to boiling, to nothing. I shouldn't returned it, as target is pretty good about standing by their products, but I just threw it out.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Aliya

AliyaMelbourne

Great appliance

This has been a life saver! Cooking has become less of a task but i must say that the meals are way more delicious. I just pile on all the ingredients and the job is done. Though it takes a lot of time but i don't mind. There's less risk of the food getting burnt since it is a slow cooker. Love this appliance.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
chris b

chris bSydney, NSW

On The fence about this one

Date PurchasedJune 2017
robee

robeeMelbourne

Very well priced slow cooker

I have only used this slow cooker three times so far but find it very convenient. It has a great 5.5 litre capacity so is great for soups. My only criticism is that there seems to be no difference between high and low settings, that is if it is boiling on high and I turn it down to low it is still boiling.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Teresa

TeresaAdelaide

Awesome product

This product has changed my life. Its easy to clean and easy to use. I love co.i g ho.e and dinner is ready andcsmellsvgrest. Dinner has never been easier even my husband can get dinner ready. I have also used it to make quiche and simple desserts. For the price you cant go wrong.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers