Target Essentials TESSC13220

Target Essentials TESSC13220 (page 2 of 4)

MPN: TESSC13220

See the Best Slow Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Does it's job.

I am so very satisfied with this product as it is so good to use for like the whole family and for like friends and guests who happen to turn up. It is very easy to use. We use at least three to four times a week sometimes more. Good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

It Blew up !

I purchased this slow cooker as it was rather big for my large family we had it one month it worked as I expected but then I put a stew one and later that afternoon I heard a cracking sound , I walked towards the kitchen when the lid exploded , glass every where , I ran over and turned it off noticed it was burning hot ...... so sadly i just feel it was a faulty one but did not know , I was so glad my kids were not in the kitchen at the time or I was when the lid exploded.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Perfect

Cooks great heats perfect
Perfect for family of four
Great price
Easy to clean
Not sure if dishwasher safe though
But no trouble to hand wash
Would totally recommend over the more expensive brands Have tried both
Cannot heat on hot plate as will crack
Perfect for winter meals
Plenty of menus online

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Wonderful surprise

This slow cooker is wonderful although its not a high end brand it works just like a high end slow cooker with an affordable price tag . I cooked marinated chicken and it came out so tender and mouth watering I'm looking forward to cooking a roast beef in it to make beef and gravy to put in fresh bread rolls. It was easy to clean with a presoak right after it cooled and the easy turn dile allows to set to what you want in order to cook.

Amazing Slow Cooker

I bought this cooker over the more expensive ones due to the reviews. I put lamb shanks in it and after 6 hours I picked up a bone and the meat just fell off. Sooo tender. I noticed that it seemed to be boiling a fair bit on the lowest setting. I am not sure if it suppose to do that but the outcome was delicious. It may cook a bit quicker than what recipe says.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Cooking essential!

It works very well, brings out the flavor in food. It is a bit heavy and hard to clean but very good for cooking easy meals. Just put all the ingredients and do other things, in few hours you can smell the yummy meal ready to eat. Very convenient to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Just as good as the expensive brands!

I brought this slow cooker after comparing different models on the Choice website. I have found it to be excellent. Bowl is nice and bit for my large family and has cooked my roasts to perfection. Would recommend to anyone looking for great value for money and easy cooking preparation!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great product so far

Wasn't sure if he kids would like a slow cooked meal but thought we would try it out anyway.
We did a chicken Casserole and the kids loved it.
Cooked the food to perfection and was very tasty.
The only thing I found that it burnt some stuff to the crock pot but that came off very easy after soaking for a while.
very happy with the product so far

Easy to use

Easy to use does the job nicely very handy nothing spectacular but value for the price this is used alot in my house especially in winter l go to work l come home to a yummy cooked meal so saves so much time and energy very easy to clean l love mine

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great.

Pretty basic set up easy to use clean & also store.
Love the meals I can whip up in it, and for just being a non expensively branded one does the jod great love it . Definitely a go to weekly in my house hold. Very happy with it .

Date PurchasedMar 2011

cheap and basic but does the job that it is meant to do

I recently purchased this item from target because I wanted a slow cooker, but did not want to pay a lot for one. So I went out and bought this from my local Target (in Elizabeth) and I have to say, I am impressed. It is certainly not the most slick looking piece of kitchen equipment I have ever bought, but it is a reasonable size, and goes up to the optimum temperature that you want to cook at quite quickly. I have slow cooked several meals (Meatball stew being one of my favourites) and each one has turned out well. (No overcooking or burning or undercooking) It is also quite easy to clean and is not too heavy either. I recommend this product for anyone that wants a reasonably priced, mid sized slow cooker. I enjoy using it and most certainly feel that it is a value for money purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

This makes tasty meals so much easier!

So many great recipes out there for slow cookers. Meals have tasted great and cleaning up is so easy. Have found that we are getting cooked through food earlier than expected so it could be running hotter than it should but don't know for sure. We're still experimenting and learning to use. We also had the plastic smell at first but it has since gone away. Really glad to have got this awesome value slow cooker.

Great Size Great Price

I purchased this for those cold nights and hot meals, this is a great purchase, I have 2-3 slow cookers and this one is great value for money. You wouldn't be disappointed in this easy to use appliance.
Simple settings and the guide that came with it provided some basic cooking instructions.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not bad

This slow cooker is not bad but the ceramic insert means I can't sauté on the stove first. I wish I had bought one with a stainless steel insert as I think the ceramic insert imparts a particular odour to the food which smells quite peculiar. I'm not happy with it and not sure it will see another season through. I can feel a donation coming on!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Didn't last

This started out great for awhile, but soon seemed to take forever to heat up, even on the high cycle. The heating element was all over the place, went from boiling, once it got there, to simmering, to boiling, to nothing. I shouldn't returned it, as target is pretty good about standing by their products, but I just threw it out.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great appliance

This has been a life saver! Cooking has become less of a task but i must say that the meals are way more delicious. I just pile on all the ingredients and the job is done. Though it takes a lot of time but i don't mind. There's less risk of the food getting burnt since it is a slow cooker. Love this appliance.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

On The fence about this one

I purchased this Target Essentials Slow cooker because 1. It had good reviews and 2. I wanted to see if slow cooking was all it was cracked up to be. So far I have been disappointed in the meals but will persevere with other recipes. The cooker still emits a plastic burning smell 4th time using it but I do find it easy enough to clean. The LOW function seems to be too low and I usually turn up to HIGH a few hours in. HIGH seems a bit too high as I have to sometimes mix to avoid sticking. It also makes a noise that sounds like glass cracking and it makes me think the lid is about to explode.I think its a good price point to see if you like the whole slow cooker method of cooking and if you do, maybe invest in a better quality one with more functions/auto/sear etc.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very well priced slow cooker

I have only used this slow cooker three times so far but find it very convenient. It has a great 5.5 litre capacity so is great for soups. My only criticism is that there seems to be no difference between high and low settings, that is if it is boiling on high and I turn it down to low it is still boiling.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Awesome product

This product has changed my life. Its easy to clean and easy to use. I love co.i g ho.e and dinner is ready andcsmellsvgrest. Dinner has never been easier even my husband can get dinner ready. I have also used it to make quiche and simple desserts. For the price you cant go wrong.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fit my budget and feed the stomachs!

The main reason that I bought this microwave oven is because of the low price that fit my budget and it save electricity as I can cook quite a lot at one go. For example, I can prepare congee for my whole family. On top of that it is convenient as I can remove the ceramic pot and serve from it directly to the bowls.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I have cooked one meal so far in my slow cooker (turned out great) but inside the cooker in the element part, under the pot, it has gone brown around the edges. Is this unusual or normal after cooking? I can’t get it off either. Appears to be burn marks. Thanks
No not normal i would return it with receipt and get replacementThank you! I have receipt but thrown out the box, I will try take it back

Could you please let me know the dimensions of this cooker, in particular its weight. Thank you
Target Wok! Adjustable temperature control plug Removable control unit for easy cleaning Tempered glass lid with steam vent Cool touch handles and knobs 34cm (dia) x 9cm (dept) x 5.0litre Wattage: 230V 1500W Outer length of cord is 1.20M SSA Certified cord and plug Non stick coatingDont know weight sorry

Could you please tell me the dimensions (width). I have a small kitchen with limited storage. Thank you, Betty Byrd
Hi Betty! It's 42cm (including handles) x 30cm (including the knob at the front). I have a small kitchen too so I understand you dilemma :)

TESSC13220