Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L (page 3 of 4)

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

Isabel

IsabelAdelaide

Fit my budget and feed the stomachs!

The main reason that I bought this microwave oven is because of the low price that fit my budget and it save electricity as I can cook quite a lot at one go. For example, I can prepare congee for my whole family. On top of that it is convenient as I can remove the ceramic pot and serve from it directly to the bowls.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sue

Sue

This is fantastic...love it

Cant go without my slow cooker in winter... you only have to spend 30 mins of a morning putting all the ingredients in together.. walk away and dont have to come back till dinner time, and...Wham...Bam...thank you maam...Dinner is served. One of the best things i ever bought for cooking

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Elizabeth

ElizabethAdelaide

Value for money

Target Essential Slow cooker has very reasonable price that suits my family budget. On top of that I can cook one time for the whole family and this helps to save electricity. Normally, I will boil hot soup that can be consumed by whole family during cold winter. On top of that, it is easy to clean.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chrisw

Chrisw

Easy dimmer

I love my new slow cooker. I pop a leg of lamb I'm some spuds carrots and a little water 7 hours later return from work with dinner cooked it's fabulous and bought it at a great price too. The staff were helpful and always love target for quality assurance.

Cyates

CyatesPerth, WA

Perfect for my need

I'm always skeptical about home brand's electrical goods, but after reading several reviews on Target slow cooker, I'm sold for the price and it's quality. All I need is a decent size slow cooker to help with our family meals, and with just $25, it does the job well and keep the price low! We are very happy with our purchase so far and have been cooking lots of slow cooker meal.

Yuki Tin

Yuki Tin

Value for money

Always wanted to buy a slow cooker for me to cook pulled pork. Browsed the internet for a while, decided to get the target one. Nothing special but it's good for the money. If you wanted something cheap, target is a to-go-brand. And it is quite easy the clean the slow cooker!! Get it before it's gone.

Selvi

SelviGeelong

For the price i paid the cooker works fine

I am happy with cooking. Features of the product is really working fine with us. Cleaning of the cooker is really a tough task. Because cleaning with a clean wipe cloth is the only option.although the cooking results are good I am not happy with the cleaning options provided as it makes the task much more difficult.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Joyce ward

Joyce ward

So handy. Just add ingredients and forget

Yes very happy with the cooking results flavoursome and jus set and forget love the easy cleaning. I just remove the contents and run under hot water. Then just leave it on sink to dry. The settings on this item are so plain and very easy to read and understand

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
Vicky

Vicky

It's ok

I am happy very this product so far with the price, it's good result after the rice cooked, but it's too slow, I know it's a slow cook but it's too slow for me, and the water is running out during the cooking time,the good thing is it's very easy to clean, and the the test of rice is good, I am satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Joey

JoeyParadise point

A meal ready for busy people

Great slow cooker prepare your meal in the morning come home to dinner
Your food will be so tender and tasty great for those people on the go
Very easy to clean just wipe out with a cloth features are easy to operate slow medium fast cook
Very good for stews casseroles those hearty warm dishes for winter even perfect for a tasty roast

Addy

AddySydney

Does what it should for a decent price

Decent machine for what you pay for it. Doesn't have some of the fancier features that some more expensive models have, but it's more than OK if you only use it once in a while. I'd recommend this to anyone who's looking to get into slow cooking but doesn't want to spend too much money.

Love my slow cooker

So happy for the price. I have had it for about a year now and love it. It is great after coming home from work and dinner is cooked. Cleaning it is pretty easy too. Especially great in winter for soups and casseroles. Couldn't live without it. Highly recommended it

Date PurchasedMay 2016
ZACK

ZACKmelbourne

perfect slow cooker

I've used this to cook stew, soup etc. very nice to keep warm in the device and i can serve it right away and it won't get cold. and it's very easy to clean just soak in the hot water and use the sponge to wipe it gently and rinse it. I'm very satisfied with this product.

Squiresy

Squiresy

Game changer!!

This bad boy has changed the way I get around dinner in winter. Wack a roast beef in there before I go to work with some veggies and by the time I get home I've got a massive meal that last me a few days. Always tender, always yummy with no effort. This thing has paid for itself.

AmyLouise

AmyLouiseMelbourne

perfect

for a cheap $29 slow cooker this works absolutely perfectly! This even has the warm option which i use when serving the food up so its not still cooking but also not going cold! Good work Target! I would happily recommend this to others looking to purchase a slow cooker.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Zoey

Zoey

Great family product

Amazing product for the winter always produces great food , the smell it leaves in my house is incredible seriously could eat my walls , beef strong is such a great dish in it ! Does everything it promises plus so much more , great product couldn't live without it !

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Leanne Cee

Leanne CeeMelbourne

So far so good!

I am really happy with my slow cooker. I have only made a few meals but it seems to be an excellent buy! I had ot in the box for a couple of years and wish I had taken it out sooner! So cheap to purchase from Target. Easy to use and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Jodee

JodeeTownsville

Great slow cooker...great value!

Great value for money. Easy to use. Just set and forget Perfect! I would recommend this cooker to my friends and family. No need to spend huge amounts of money when this one works just as well as the bigger name brands I have owned previously. Very happy with my purchase and I would buy again.

unbiased

unbiased

More bang for your buck

I have to write this review because I am so impressed with this slow cooker. Yes, it did vent plastic burning fumes on the initial start up but the fumes burnt themselves out soon afterwards. Yes, it is heavy but in order to circulate the heat evenly the pot needs to be weighty. Yes, it doesn't have a delayed start or a timer but I would never use a delayed start when not at home......drrrrrrrrr fire hazard.
Cooks just as good as its more expensive replacement and I find it easy to clean. At $25 they are given them away.

sporthouse

sporthouse

Good fast-slow cooker.

I love this slow cooker for big meal cook ups. The only problem I have with it is it cooks hotter on one side of the cooker. I have never had a real issue. Once it burnt in that hotter side as i had only put a small volume of food in the slow cooker. If you are cooking for 6+ people then it is fantastic. Every meat meal I have cooked in it the meat has been tender, cooked perfect. I have also cooked fudge and a snack mix in it innlarge volumes which were delicious. I would recommend this for a large family as a great cheaper version of the Slow Cooker.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers