Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L (page 4 of 4)

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

Haze

HazeNorthern Territory

I can not live without this during winter

I have been very happy with my slow cooker, It cooks anything i put in it to perfection, It is very easy to clean, It is very reliable and handy to have in the kitchen, I would recommend this slow cooker to anyone it is an absolute gem to have, i have cooked cakes, stews and soups in it . I can not live without it ......LOVE IT !!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Suebee

SuebeeBrisbane

Large capacity but heavy!!

Last May I purchased this slow cooker as I had given my previous one to a relative. This model was the only one stocked by Target at that time. The cooking results are good and the cost was reasonable.

Washing up is easy but my only complaint is that the bowl is fairly heavy for someone with limited strength and arthritis. In general. I am satisfied with its performance and features. It is better suited for those who want to cook large quantities.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Juz

JuzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big size cooker for a budget price

I bought this a couple of years ago as it is a huge 5L capacity - big enough to do the heaps of pork ribs I needed. I bought it from Target (obviously!) and at only $20, though I couldn't go wrong.
It works very well and does the job nicely without any complaint. Would definitely buy another if I needed to.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Slow Cookers

Find out how Target Essentials 5.5L compares to other Slow Cookers

KZreviewer

KZreviewerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bargain of the year!

This slow cooker is an absolute bargain - thank you Target.

I use this slow cooker on a regular basis - at least once a week.

It's a great size, great price and easy to clean.

The only thing it is missing is a timer. But otherwise, an excellent product from Target. Would recommend!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A little beauty!

I have had my slow cooker for over a year now and it cooks perfectly everytime! I did extensive research on these products as I was nervous about leaving it on for hours while at work! No problem whatsoever, highly recommend this little beauty and am buying one for my daughter!

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Trish

TrishAU

Have just bought this product and had our first meal tonight

Have never used one before but the meal, a beef casserole, was lovely and tender. It doesn't have a timer or the automatic switch to the keep warm but we are retired and at home all the time so it is not necessary. For the price of $25.00 you can't go wrong

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Crazy scientist

Crazy scientistGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Astounding value.

Having visited 2 different retailers I was surprised that this $25 machine rated higher than any of the others I found. Being a slow cooker virgin I thought I would give it a go and am very pleased. Cooked the most tender pulled pork I have tasted and easy to clean. Looks great (apart from the 'simple and kind of cheap' looking dial). Was on the lookout for the smell reported by a previous reviewer, and had a faint whiff for a few seconds then it was gone (I washed the pot before use). For the price, astounding value.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
chris

chrisMelbourne

Plastic fumes

I placed a full pot of broth bones and vegies in and placed it on high. Within 10 minutes I could smell nauseous hot plastic fumes coming from the cooker. I placed on the exhaust fan and two and a half hours later the fumes are still coming from it although a little less and the ingredients are only starting to get hot. I will be returning it tomorrow for a refund. I do not recommend this product at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Monika

MonikaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Target essentials Slow Cooker

Bought it a couple of weeks ago, it's about my 3rd or 4th Slow Cooker, had various brands and price ranges in the past but all far more expensive. I read the reviews before buying the Target brand and I have to agree - smart looking, works well and cheap. I got it on sale and as it was the last one and on display - no box, got an even better price. Certainly can't complain with the performance! Highly recommend this product.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Target Essentials 5.5L compares to other Slow Cookers

Mick

MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap And Works A Treat

This 5.5 litre slow cooker doesn't have the bells and whistles that cookers 10 times its price has but at $25 it doesn't need to. We bought it with serious reservations but it performs remarkably well. If you're after the wow factor at the next dinner party this basic cooker is not for you but for practicality it gets 5 well deserved stars when price is balanced with performance.

See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers