Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

grapsta

grapstaNSW, 2035

Low Heat is too High and moisture gets out

I've owned 3 slow cookers over the last 10 years...I use them 2-3 times a week ...this slow cooker cooks too high on the lowest heat...it bubbles and simmers on low as much as other slow cookers do on high the water / steam seems to escape too much. What this means is if you don't have much liquid in the slow cooker and you leave it too long it will burn. This should never happen on low. I'm taking mine back for a better model .

Purchased in January 2019 for $29.00.

Lisa1978

Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia

It Blew up !

I purchased this slow cooker as it was rather big for my large family we had it one month it worked as I expected but then I put a stew one and later that afternoon I heard a cracking sound , I walked towards the kitchen when the lid exploded , glass every where , I ran over and turned it off noticed it was burning hot ...... so sadly i just feel it was a faulty one but did not know , I was so glad my kids were not in the kitchen at the time or I was when the lid exploded.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
chris

chrisMelbourne

Plastic fumes

I placed a full pot of broth bones and vegies in and placed it on high. Within 10 minutes I could smell nauseous hot plastic fumes coming from the cooker. I placed on the exhaust fan and two and a half hours later the fumes are still coming from it although a little less and the ingredients are only starting to get hot. I will be returning it tomorrow for a refund. I do not recommend this product at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Slow Cookers

Find out how Target Essentials 5.5L compares to other Slow Cookers

See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers