Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

grapsta

grapstaNSW, 2035

Low Heat is too High and moisture gets out

I've owned 3 slow cookers over the last 10 years...I use them 2-3 times a week ...this slow cooker cooks too high on the lowest heat...it bubbles and simmers on low as much as other slow cookers do on high the water / steam seems to escape too much. What this means is if you don't have much liquid in the slow cooker and you leave it too long it will burn. This should never happen on low. I'm taking mine back for a better model .

Purchased in January 2019 for $29.00.

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
Lisa1978

Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia

It Blew up !

I purchased this slow cooker as it was rather big for my large family we had it one month it worked as I expected but then I put a stew one and later that afternoon I heard a cracking sound , I walked towards the kitchen when the lid exploded , glass every where , I ran over and turned it off noticed it was burning hot ...... so sadly i just feel it was a faulty one but did not know , I was so glad my kids were not in the kitchen at the time or I was when the lid exploded.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Sharol

SharolClaremont Meadows

Cooking essential!

It works very well, brings out the flavor in food. It is a bit heavy and hard to clean but very good for cooking easy meals. Just put all the ingredients and do other things, in few hours you can smell the yummy meal ready to eat. Very convenient to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Slow Cookers

Find out how Target Essentials 5.5L compares to other Slow Cookers

Burga

BurgaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad

This slow cooker is not bad but the ceramic insert means I can't sauté on the stove first. I wish I had bought one with a stainless steel insert as I think the ceramic insert imparts a particular odour to the food which smells quite peculiar. I'm not happy with it and not sure it will see another season through. I can feel a donation coming on!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Pam

PamFairhope

Didn't last

This started out great for awhile, but soon seemed to take forever to heat up, even on the high cycle. The heating element was all over the place, went from boiling, once it got there, to simmering, to boiling, to nothing. I shouldn't returned it, as target is pretty good about standing by their products, but I just threw it out.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Aliya

AliyaMelbourne

Great appliance

This has been a life saver! Cooking has become less of a task but i must say that the meals are way more delicious. I just pile on all the ingredients and the job is done. Though it takes a lot of time but i don't mind. There's less risk of the food getting burnt since it is a slow cooker. Love this appliance.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
chris b

chris bSydney, NSW

On The fence about this one

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Selvi

SelviGeelong

For the price i paid the cooker works fine

I am happy with cooking. Features of the product is really working fine with us. Cleaning of the cooker is really a tough task. Because cleaning with a clean wipe cloth is the only option.although the cooking results are good I am not happy with the cleaning options provided as it makes the task much more difficult.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Vicky

Vicky

It's ok

I am happy very this product so far with the price, it's good result after the rice cooked, but it's too slow, I know it's a slow cook but it's too slow for me, and the water is running out during the cooking time,the good thing is it's very easy to clean, and the the test of rice is good, I am satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Slow Cookers

Find out how Target Essentials 5.5L compares to other Slow Cookers

Addy

AddySydney

Does what it should for a decent price

Decent machine for what you pay for it. Doesn't have some of the fancier features that some more expensive models have, but it's more than OK if you only use it once in a while. I'd recommend this to anyone who's looking to get into slow cooking but doesn't want to spend too much money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
chris

chrisMelbourne

Plastic fumes

I placed a full pot of broth bones and vegies in and placed it on high. Within 10 minutes I could smell nauseous hot plastic fumes coming from the cooker. I placed on the exhaust fan and two and a half hours later the fumes are still coming from it although a little less and the ingredients are only starting to get hot. I will be returning it tomorrow for a refund. I do not recommend this product at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers