Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

grapsta

grapstaNSW, 2035

Low Heat is too High and moisture gets out

I've owned 3 slow cookers over the last 10 years...I use them 2-3 times a week ...this slow cooker cooks too high on the lowest heat...it bubbles and simmers on low as much as other slow cookers do on high the water / steam seems to escape too much. What this means is if you don't have much liquid in the slow cooker and you leave it too long it will burn. This should never happen on low. I'm taking mine back for a better model .

Purchased in January 2019 for $29.00.

Ver

Ver

Cooks great

I brought a microwave from target just the cheap target brand and I think it cooks just as good as the expensive ones it's easy to use it is easy to clean and the cooking settings are very simple I think they are great to cook with especially through the cold seasons and those busy days

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Docdee

DocdeeAU

For what you pay this is a gem!. We have used it all through winter and it has not missed a beat and cooked some great meals. It cooks evenly and consistently. Sure it doesn't have some of the fancy functions the other units have which are $60-$150, but we found that you didn't need it. Put the goodies in turn it on and come home to a scrumptious succulent stew. I think we paid $25 for it so you just can't go wrong. If you want the fancy options and timers etc don't buy it. But if your after something that is pure value for money with just works its great!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

kj

kjmelbourne

makes the dinner rush a breeze

Wonderful machine for the price you pay, did some research before I bought and found that this machine for the price was the best on offer. glass lid is great so that you can check in the meal without having to lift the lid. Big machine which is great for bulk cooking. Only real issue is storing it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Nicole c

Nicole c

Dinners made simple.

I bought this to try and help calm down my dinner time in the evenings. I turn it on in the morning go to work and come home to a meal that melts in my mouth. It is so easy to clean. It also reheats the food which also helps for when the other half is late home. Its such good value and givesme extra time in my day. I can't complain!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dav

DavSYDNEY

Great at its job !

I really like this Slow cooker, as it is not only cheap to buy but also does it's work just perfectly. It has a glass lid to keep checking if the meal is ready. No complaints so, good designs and also comes with a removable pot, so ready to serve.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

nyeah

nyeahNorthern Territory

Great Slow Cooker

This slow cooker is great. Works the same as an expensive one, and produces tasty dishes all the time. Very simple to use, and clean. Great price at $25. It is most definitely a must have for winter, and those lazy evenings. Great how you can just put the entire dish in the fridge with a lid, for those leftovers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Creeky

Creeky

Does it's job.

I am so very satisfied with this product as it is so good to use for like the whole family and for like friends and guests who happen to turn up. It is very easy to use. We use at least three to four times a week sometimes more. Good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Lisa1978

Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia

It Blew up !

I purchased this slow cooker as it was rather big for my large family we had it one month it worked as I expected but then I put a stew one and later that afternoon I heard a cracking sound , I walked towards the kitchen when the lid exploded , glass every where , I ran over and turned it off noticed it was burning hot ...... so sadly i just feel it was a faulty one but did not know , I was so glad my kids were not in the kitchen at the time or I was when the lid exploded.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Wizard_aus

Wizard_ausMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product so far

Wasn't sure if he kids would like a slow cooked meal but thought we would try it out anyway.
We did a chicken Casserole and the kids loved it.
Cooked the food to perfection and was very tasty.
The only thing I found that it burnt some stuff to the crock pot but that came off very easy after soaking for a while.
very happy with the product so far

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jade

JadeSydney, NSW

Great.

Pretty basic set up easy to use clean & also store.
Love the meals I can whip up in it, and for just being a non expensively branded one does the jod great love it . Definitely a go to weekly in my house hold. Very happy with it .

Date PurchasedMar 2011
JennyJ

JennyJPerth

cheap and basic but does the job that it is meant to do

Date PurchasedMay 2017

robee

robeeMelbourne

Very well priced slow cooker

I have only used this slow cooker three times so far but find it very convenient. It has a great 5.5 litre capacity so is great for soups. My only criticism is that there seems to be no difference between high and low settings, that is if it is boiling on high and I turn it down to low it is still boiling.

Isabel

IsabelAdelaide

Fit my budget and feed the stomachs!

The main reason that I bought this microwave oven is because of the low price that fit my budget and it save electricity as I can cook quite a lot at one go. For example, I can prepare congee for my whole family. On top of that it is convenient as I can remove the ceramic pot and serve from it directly to the bowls.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Elizabeth

ElizabethAdelaide

Value for money

Target Essential Slow cooker has very reasonable price that suits my family budget. On top of that I can cook one time for the whole family and this helps to save electricity. Normally, I will boil hot soup that can be consumed by whole family during cold winter. On top of that, it is easy to clean.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Cyates

CyatesPerth, WA

Perfect for my need

I'm always skeptical about home brand's electrical goods, but after reading several reviews on Target slow cooker, I'm sold for the price and it's quality. All I need is a decent size slow cooker to help with our family meals, and with just $25, it does the job well and keep the price low! We are very happy with our purchase so far and have been cooking lots of slow cooker meal.

Yuki Tin

Yuki Tin

Value for money

Always wanted to buy a slow cooker for me to cook pulled pork. Browsed the internet for a while, decided to get the target one. Nothing special but it's good for the money. If you wanted something cheap, target is a to-go-brand. And it is quite easy the clean the slow cooker!! Get it before it's gone.

Joyce ward

Joyce ward

So handy. Just add ingredients and forget

Yes very happy with the cooking results flavoursome and jus set and forget love the easy cleaning. I just remove the contents and run under hot water. Then just leave it on sink to dry. The settings on this item are so plain and very easy to read and understand

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Love my slow cooker

So happy for the price. I have had it for about a year now and love it. It is great after coming home from work and dinner is cooked. Cleaning it is pretty easy too. Especially great in winter for soups and casseroles. Couldn't live without it. Highly recommended it

Date PurchasedMay 2016
ZACK

ZACKmelbourne

perfect slow cooker

I've used this to cook stew, soup etc. very nice to keep warm in the device and i can serve it right away and it won't get cold. and it's very easy to clean just soak in the hot water and use the sponge to wipe it gently and rinse it. I'm very satisfied with this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers